Cultivated Reef

Reef Confessions

Graver

Angel<3Nanos

Good one.

And there is a difference between feeding an animal and throwing one into your back yard.

Lol

Well it was supposed to be a huge dark secret that i felt bad for. But since everyone is confessing...

Dont worry i have never ever killed anything after that. I have a sump for naughty livestock ;)

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i recently made a rack for new tank resident, and in my excitement i only let the silicone cure for a couple hours before putting it in my tank, tank almost crashed. i have ignored advice from knowledgable LFS staff. i cheat and only mix my salt water in a jug unheated for a half hour to a couple hours. ive stuffed 7 diffrent corals, 5 snails, a hermit crab, and a pistol shrimp in a evo 4.

I only test my parameters if there if I'm having some problem or made a major change to the tank. On several occasions I didn't want to mess with slowly dosing Kalkwasser so I just dumped it in the back of the tank. There were some periods when I only did water changes when I felt like I hadn't done one in a while instead of using a schedule.

Okay my turn.

As a single eligible bachelor I secretly (I guess not so secretly now) Would like to see what every woman reefer on here looks like.

I have flushed annoying soft coral.

I have killed more fish then I care to admit. Most I have no idea how/why they died and the ones that I did kill were out of naiveness. Never would I kill a fish intentionally, despite my desire to do so.

Okay my turn.

As a single eligible bachelor I secretly (I guess not so secretly now) Would like to see what every woman reefer on here looks like.

I have flushed annoying soft coral.

I have killed more fish then I care to admit. Most I have no idea how/why they died and the ones that I did kill were out of naiveness. Never would I kill a fish intentionally, despite my desire to do so.

Don't worry, us married guys want to know what the girls look like too.

Paandemonium

Okay my turn.

As a single eligible bachelorette I would also like to see what every woman reefer on here looks like

I judge every member on here as a huge nerd until I get to know them. Especially the girls. Clay has always been cooler than me though :)

The lounge has a registry already. ElFab maintains it I think.

'Nother confession.... I don't use the search button... Often haha

I judge every member on here as a huge nerd until I get to know them. Especially the girls. Clay has always been cooler than me though :)

lol I still think everyone here is a huge nerd. nerds unite!

I agree to the above lol I sport a massive beard so I never worry about attracting the ladies nor does my gf :P

Yeah cuz a beard stops em, have you seen duck dynasty? ;)

Good one.

And there is a difference between feeding an animal and throwing one into your back yard.

True, but 100% of humans have killed one thing at some point.

Yeah cuz a beard stops em, have you seen duck dynasty? ;)

Indeed I have , watch it regularly with the misses. Lol. I was just bein funny. Although the beard gets attention mostly if i have food and on occasion 9mm shells stuck in it when my p95 decides it doesn't wanna throw em out far

When my tank crashed and killed everything except for a blenny and a nassarius snail... a part of me was secretly grateful for the chance to re-scape.

And a bigger part of me was ecstatic that the GSP that had taken over half of the rockwork was finally gone, along with the xenia that had taken over another quarter of the tank.

nevermore1701

I don't use RODI, don't drip acclimate, don't dip, don't quarantine, stick my hands in the tank daily, and don't test anything unless something goes wrong. I also overfeed.

I feed live animals to my mantis shrimp and watch her beat them brutally and devour their corpses.

:closedeyes:

sounds like my kind of entertainment!

I threw away a box of rock while cleaning this past fall. I was in a cleaning rage and threw away basically everything in my basement. A few weeks later I decided I needed to rearrange my tank and that I needed more rock. Had to go buy some.

I have an acrylic rod that I use to beat my serpent star off my corals while feeding them. It's the only way they even have a chance to finish eating, and that persistent bugger can take some serious licks.

I also recently left my bag of frozen foods on the side of my stand after feeding. Found it the next day and there were multiple mingling stinky juices dripping down the side of my stand. The stand stunk for days.

I threw a naughty hitchhiker crab in my half-empty, completely stagnant 75 gallon. Even the copepods were dead. I decided it was about time we filled it up last week, expected to find nothing, and found him feeding on collected detritus.

He may have been a sneaky bastard, but he sure as hell deserves his place in my fuge for all the hell he managed to survive.

Archived