Coral Vue Hydros

Reef Confessions

Graver

Told my boss yesterday I had a service guy coming out to the house so I could skip out and receive a box of corals. And just told him I'm too busy developing an install package to attend our lame team meeting today so I can do some NR time in peace! :)

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I prefer the conceptualizing and building stage over maintenance. If I'm not buying or building something for my tank I get bored. I see guys with super established tanks and they are no doubt beautiful but I don't think I will ever hang on to something for that long.

Ngl that's just the slightest bit creepy Ehh boys will be boys x) I've never really seen many gay men in the hobby but I never really ask how many homos like fishies(PLEASE nobody take that the wrong way, I am too a big flaming homo)

That actually sounds pretty cool, mousy was chillin'. This one time my dogs were playing with koi in the lake behind the house I used to live and I guess the koi got pissed and b*tch slapped the woof out of my dog with its tail(I assume) to this day my dog won't go near large bodies of water lol besides that I've never really had animals that were "cool" they've all been major pansies

Makes sense I suppose. For some reason keeping fish/coral is a "masculine" hobby. I totally get why my wife has zero interest in modifying a car engine or brewing beer but a glass box full of pretty colors and shiny stuff? No dice and that is fully the norm.

I prefer the conceptualizing and building stage over maintenance. If I'm not buying or building something for my tank I get bored. I see guys with super established tanks and they are no doubt beautiful but I don't think I will ever hang on to something for that long.

This. I'm just not happy unless something is going on in the tank. Probably why I enjoy doing water changes so often.

On my way home from work yesterday I called my gf to tell her I was stuck in "traffic", but left out that I was stuck in traffic because I took the long way home so that I could stop by the lfs.

During that visit, another confession is that I bought a fish that has no right to be in my tank, and I don't regret it one bit.

On my way home from work yesterday I called my gf to tell her I was stuck in "traffic", but left out that I was stuck in traffic because I took the long way home so that I could stop by the lfs

Just wait til gf becomes wife, then you'll find yourself leaving out more and more ;)

Just wait til gf becomes wife, then you'll find yourself leaving out more and more ;)

I'm getting pretty good at it already after almost 5 years. :D

It goes something like this.... " guess what?! I found this coral worth 15 bucks and I only spent 5 on it!!" Meanwhile, I paid 15 and it's worth 15.

I'm getting pretty good at it already after almost 5 years. :D It goes something like this.... " guess what?! I found this coral worth 15 bucks and I only spent 5 on it!!" Meanwhile, I paid 15 and it's worth 15.

:lol: you should have heard me rationalizing my last clam from PEA!!

I think it was around 175-180 with shipping :bling: , but I had 100 in paypal credits, I still said that I only paid about 40.. the math doesn't work but as long as I'm the only one that sees the invoice :ninja:

:lol: you should have heard me rationalizing my last clam from PEA!!

I think it was around 175-180 with shipping :bling: , but I had 100 in paypal credits, I still said that I only paid about 40.. the math doesn't work but as long as I'm the only one that sees the invoice :ninja:

i was in awe. When I was bidding on Glenn's polyp, I flat out told her I was going to make sure I won and punched in 120. She was actually cool with it and upset that ebay spazzed and it didn't go through.

She also surprises me sometimes like when he asks me to get another clam, knowing how much they are and begging to get a 6x4 colony of alveopora.

She still insists that she hates my tank though. ;)

i was in awe. When I was bidding on Glenn's polyp, I flat out told her I was going to make sure I won and punched in 120. She was actually cool with it and upset that ebay spazzed and it didn't go through.

She also surprises me sometimes like when he asks me to get another clam, knowing how much they are and begging to get a 6x4 colony of alveopora.

She still insists that she hates my tank though. ;)

I used to do the same thing because my wife (then GF) "hated the tanks" then one day a box showed up the day before it was supposed to and she opened it up and there were 10-15 bags of coral she didn't know were coming... she floated them in the tank and waited for me to come home... to tell me she didn't care if I spend the money just don't hide it. Since I have done 5 different systems, had 2 nearly complete crashes, and spent thousands and she don't give me shit for it. She knows I want a BIG tank and has already oked a future 250+g build in the next house we own (this one is to small/ not a good lay out for it to work the way I want)..... In fact shes actually said she wouldn't mind two 500g, one shark tank and one reef :o And yes she knows I wouldn't find those kinda tanks on the side of the road. lol

I used to do the same thing because my wife (then GF) "hated the tanks" then one day a box showed up the day before it was supposed to and she opened it up and there were 10-15 bags of coral she didn't know were coming... she floated them in the tank and waited for me to come home... to tell me she didn't care if I spend the money just don't hide it. Since I have done 5 different systems, had 2 nearly complete crashes, and spent thousands and she don't give me shit for it. She knows I want a BIG tank and has already oked a future 250+g build in the next house we own (this one is to small/ not a good lay out for it to work the way I want)..... In fact shes actually said she wouldn't mind two 500g, one shark tank and one reef :o And yes she knows I wouldn't find those kinda tanks on the side of the road. lol

That would be like a full time job.

That would be like a full time job.

Yeah no doubt..... Which isn't a big deal right now, but when the kids get into school and sports and all that I doubt I will have the time even if I don't go back to work lol

:huh::unsure: were you considering eating it sometime? why did you freeze a dead fish??

nope never considered eating it. i kept it for the fact that it was huge and most people where blown away by how big it was.

I don't know about discounts but ive been lucky to get several things free. And they never even met me and aren't forum friends either. Equipment, corals, supplies.

They're called boobs Kat.

1. I accidentally ran my AquaClear Power Filter dry for a few seconds during tank setup.

2. I just spent another $78.29 on this hobby today.

Worst reef confession of mine....sold this to a guy 3x my age when I was 16 for $1500...found out 3 months later he crashed it all :(:(:(:(:(

100_0144.jpg

Could have been worse, he could have had the balls to try and come back and ask for his money back.

Could have been worse, he could have had the balls to try and come back and ask for his money back.

LOL. That would've been something...some guys from the old reef club in the area told me about a year later that he went AWOL and no one really heard from him after that.

LOL. That would've been something...some guys from the old reef club in the area told me about a year later that he went AWOL and no one really heard from him after that.

Yeah I imagine after blowing up that much money you'd probably take a break... forever...

I never heat my water that I use in weekly water changes. A little temp drop and no one seems to mind much?

I haven't tested anything but salinity on my pico since I started and everyone is doing great. (Need to buy a good kit! esp. before I go to a bigger reef.)

Acclimation for new creatures last a good 30 mins with some tank water mixed in. And what is quarantine?

Once a turbo snail died and I ripped his mangled body out of the shell with forceps to give the shell to the hermits. It was graphic.

Maybe I'm just lucky besides some hair algae nothing has gone wrong so far. :D

Oh and ladies love my coral. Lol

1. I accidentally ran my AquaClear Power Filter dry for a few seconds during tank setup.

2. I just spent another $78.29 on this hobby today.

1. I run mine dry a lot when I work on my fw tank, no biggie

2. only 78.29??

lol..

Just last night I did a huge tank cleaning and WC. It had been about 3 weeks.. so it was time.

Today I wonder why my corals were looking off.. I put my hand in the tank to feed and the water's cold. 69* cold. I forgot to turn my power strip back on after the WC, the one with my heaters.

1. Why did I put both heaters on one strip?

2. How did I forget to turn it back on? Especially seeing as my skimmer is on that one..

I blame my ADD.

caught myself eating a salmon fillet while watching my tank one day. i called my self a sick twisted individual and walked away in shame :blink:

I lure my girlfriend to my house with the promise of messages and sex. But instead, I make her "help" me do my maintainance and water changes because why lift 10 gallon buckets when you got a girlfriend........

(Maybe this is the reason why she's not wild about moving in together?)

I lure my girlfriend to my house with the promise of messages and sex. But instead, I make her "help" me do my maintainance and water changes because why lift 10 gallon buckets when you got a girlfriend........ (Maybe this is the reason why she's not wild about moving in together?)

Lmao. This better be a joke.

Who on earth does this? :lol:

Archived