Innovative Marine Aquariums

Reef Confessions

Graver

Some years ago,during a water change,I did left the room to make a quick espresso.

Somehow the tubing that was returning water in the tank got unstuck and fell directly on my new 1200euro laptop...

Of course it was an expensive water change...since then I double check everything.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some years ago,during a water change,I did left the room to make a quick espresso.

Somehow the tubing that was returning water in the tank got unstuck and fell directly on my new 1200euro laptop...

Of course it was an expensive water change...since then I double check everything.

Ouch... I haven't done that but I have a bad habit of spraying water all over the floor during water changes.

lagunastudio

I beat the crap out of my male clownfish with a turkey baster.

I do the same to my female, I hate that fish. I have to pull her out of the tank and put her in the sump every time I work on my tank. She constantly nips my fingers, the other day she bit me right on a scab and pulled the scab off.

oh geez. this may be my favorite thread

1. i dont use a heater in my tank :o

2. I mix my salt and do a water change right after :o

3. I've had way to many fish and coral die under my water when i first got into the hobby :(

I ate a pound of pulled pork Friday. While watching my mini pig play with the cat.

aha besides the irony of eating pulled pork while watching a mini pig play, i think that it is freaking amazing you have a mini pig :D

MyLiquidBlue29BC

When I can't conscience my husband we shouldn't add something to the tank, I make the guys at the LFS do it. :D

Have any of you wondered how your fish (i.e clown, gobies, etc) would taste?

I can't be the only one who has wondered....

I made this exact comment earlier today.

meganmcguppy18

My clownfish claimed my power head as her 'territory' and I allow her to boss me around when I put my hand too close to it.

I forgot about a hose running water into a tank and went downstairs. I remembered when I saw water running from the ceiling. Huge mess on two floors. I flooded the kitchen when I forgot I was filling a jug with RO DI water. I had a pump basically explode and flood my office while pumping water outside. In short, I've been banned from doing anything involving water unless I'm sitting right next to it.

Quarantine? What is this word you use?

I don't heat my water for changes. I mix it about 30 minutes before I use it. I keep left overs in a Home Depot bucket with a lid and add to it when I next mix up saltwater.

• 10 months later...

I beat the crap out of my male clownfish with a turkey baster.

Every time I have to put my hand in my 48 Gallon ,my black clown scares the crap out of me when he darts out of the rocks to try and bite me.Some times he bites hard

He once made me drop a piece of Pukani rock that broke in half.

He pissed me off so much that I try to thump his ass now with my middle finger when he starts circle the tank like a shark.

I made this exact comment earlier today.

not how they would taste , but my friend just gave me a new filet knife for when I go fishing . I thought man this thing is so sharp I be I could filet that damn black clown with two cuts!!!! Lol really, I have a love hate relationship with that SOB.

Every time I have to put my hand in my 48 Gallon ,my black clown scares the crap out of me when he darts out of the rocks to try and bite me.Some times he bites hard

He once made me drop a piece of Pukani rock that broke in half.

He pissed me off so much that I try to thump his ass now with my middle finger when he starts circle the tank like a shark.

not how they would taste , but my friend just gave me a new filet knife for when I go fishing . I thought man this thing is so sharp I be I could filet that damn black clown with two cuts!!!! Lol really, I have a love hate relationship with that SOB.

I finally tasted my saltwater thanks to my clown. I always psyche myself out when I put my hands in the tank to expect to get bitten by the clown . . .so at least I know it's coming. But this time I didn't. F*cken clown comes and bites me, I react and make a big splash and yep . . .the water tastes like the ocean.

^haha

Just the other day I had to re siphon my over flow and I got some in my mouth, I was spitting and gagging like a $2whore.. yuk!!!

then about 2 am I got the worst cramps ,spent about an hour on the toilet!!!

^haha

Just the other day I had to re siphon my over flow and I got some in my mouth, I was spitting and gagging like a $2whore.. yuk!!!

then about 2 am I got the worst cramps ,spent about an hour on the toilet!!!

think how the fish feel

I ran out of table salt once and decided to add just a pinch of reef salt to my meal. I can sum this up in one word...'DONT'!

To this day when I think of the taste I still cringe...

I call my BF's mystery wrasse "wrasse-hole" when my BF isn't in the room. He ate the acro crab so now I hate him.

I have favorite hermit crabs. A favorite disappeared and another hermit started wearing the favorites old shell. I have a grudge against this hermit cause I can't be sure if my favorite died or was murdered. I'm usually nice and gently with my hermits, I let them crawl on my fingers when I'm doing maintenance and usually gently nudge them out of the way if I need to. Not this guy. I call him "jerk" to his hermit-y face.

I ran out of table salt once and decided to add just a pinch of reef salt to my meal. I can sum this up in one word...'DONT'!

To this day when I think of the taste I still cringe...

And here I am paying extra for grindable sea salt when I had a whole bucket full all along!

Archived