inTank Media Baskets

Bluefish LED Controller: News Thread

SpencerShepard

Wish List for Bluefish 2.0

- Option to offset actual weather conditions from chosen location to allow the end user to experience the actual weather conditions during their off set day.

In the package, you get the lighting controller (which is the base unit of the controller system), power supply, 3 x control cables, and a user guide.

Will the PowerPWM accessory be available at the product launch? If it is not included in the package how much will it be?

SpencerShepard

Will the PowerPWM accessory be available at the product launch? If it is not included in the package how much will it be?

Yes it will be available at launch, in at least the DIY version. The plug-and-play version with the case will hopefully be available at launch, but if not shortly after. The DIY version is an easy to solder kit, but I can put it together for you if needed. Pricing isn't available yet, but we're aiming for cheap.

Are you still planning on doing some kind of discounted pre-order? Any details yet on what that discount might be?

Also, I know you are busy getting ready to release the controller, but I really would like to know how much the sensor node and power bar are going to be so that I can compare overall cost with an Apex before I go spending $179 on the LED controller. Don't get me wrong, I really think your product is going to be superior to anything else that is on the market, including the Apex. I'm just really hoping that doesn't mean that it will cost significantly more than anything else that is on the market. Do you think you will be able to release this information before the LED controller goes up for pre-order?

One more thing, and maybe I missed this, but a video of the android app controlling the lights in real time would be a great teaser that would probably get all of us drooling even more....maybe even a little bit of lightning/thunder action to go along with it.....hint hint

Oh and by the way, I didn't put 2 and 2 together until now, but you guys are the ones that did "Don's High Tech Reef". That build is absolutely amazing!!! For anyone who has not seen it yet, check it out. I think it was on reef builders a while back.

• Like 1
SpencerShepard

Taking pre orders yet. I want one for my nano box duo

Very soon!

Also, I know you are busy getting ready to release the controller, but I really would like to know how much the sensor node and power bar are going to be so that I can compare overall cost with an Apex before I go spending $179 on the LED controller. Don't get me wrong, I really think your product is going to be superior to anything else that is on the market, including the Apex. I'm just really hoping that doesn't mean that it will cost significantly more than anything else that is on the market. Do you think you will be able to release this information before the LED controller goes up for pre-order?

Sorry, we won't have pricing info on the powerbar or sensor node before launch. However, the goal is to remain competitive pricing-wise with the other options on the market.

Oh and by the way, I didn't put 2 and 2 together until now, but you guys are the ones that did "Don's High Tech Reef". That build is absolutely amazing!!! For anyone who has not seen it yet, check it out. I think it was on reef builders a while back.

Thanks! Building that tank had a lot of influence on the features we wanted in the Bluefish controller. Here it is for those who are interested:

• Like 3

I have a custom fixture on order with Dave. My build is still a couple weeks out but I wanted to get some info. Along with a power bar what else will the controller be able to do? PH, temp, ato, ect?

I don't know if it was already discussed but was just wondering. Thanks!

SpencerShepard

Not long to go! When is the preorder discount going to happen and how much will it be?

Sorry I can't say right now. Just make sure you're subscribed to our mailing list. :)

I have a custom fixture on order with Dave. My build is still a couple weeks out but I wanted to get some info. Along with a power bar what else will the controller be able to do? PH, temp, ato, ect? I don't know if it was already discussed but was just wondering. Thanks!

We have a powerbar and sensor module for pH, temp, ORP, salinity, level sensors etc in the works along with a couple other interesting goodies. However, these are still a ways off.

SpencerShepard

Another question... Can the Bluefish control this fixture?

Evergrow Nova A4

B)

It doesn't look like it would be easy. Try contacting the manufacturer and see if it can be controller with 0-10V or PWM.

Also I hope there will be a uk version of the powerbar and controller?

The controller will be available in an international version with power supply options for UK, EU, and Australia at launch or very shortly after launch of the North American version. The goal is for power bars with similar configurations.

I'm assuming it is running Linux. Will the source code be published? Any chance of user built scripts?

It's not. We won't be publishing the source code. However, we would love to include the ability to run user scripts. It's something I will be working on in the future.

• Like 4
jedimasterben

It doesn't look like it would be easy. Try contacting the manufacturer and see if it can be controller with 0-10V or PWM.

The drivers they use in Evergrow fixtures are resistance dimming only.

• Like 1

Okay, so I found the app for android! Looks like it was just added yesterday but I can't login to check it out yet. And your site let me add the controller and proceed to checkout but there's no shipping option available. Getting close to launch, huh?

DanielSydney

I cant get anywhere near that.

Genix, Can you confoconfirm those of us who have been waiting a while and following along will be offered the units at release.....Hope so

Any news on release yet

Thanks

• Recommended Discussions