Innovative Marine Aquariums

Bluefish LED Controller: News Thread

SpencerShepard

jedimasterben

Yeah, the grounds on the Coralux boards are all tied together, so you can connect it like you have it or you can connect them directly to the DC ground on the main power supply and connect the two (sometimes three) grounds on the board to the power supply, as well.

• Like 1
SpencerShepard

Hi, i want 1 bluefish

its this right?

4gq32w.jpg

Looks good. You only need to connect one ground from the Bluefish to the LDD board, but if in doubt you can't go wrong connecting all of them. Channel numbers don't have to correlate unless you want them to. So you could simplify it to this:

bluefish-to-coralux.jpg

• Like 2

Hi, i want 1 bluefish

its this right?

4gq32w.jpg

Yep, that's the gist of it! :)

This is a great image! I'm saving this one. I've always wondered what a DIY set up would look like in terms of power/drivers/LED set up. Very cool!

I also thought the storm controller and the BlueFish were supposed to be completely different - as in you could only use 1 or the other?

SpencerShepard

How many ldd's per channel can the bluefish handle?

Bluefish can supply about 30mA per channel. Maybe Ben can chime in with what the PWM input current is for LDDs...Mean Well doesn't like to specify that on their datasheets. I believe the answer to this question is "more than you should ever need". :)

jedimasterben

At 100% duty cycle, the LDD pulls 7.7µA on its dimming circuit

At 0% duty cycle, the LDD pulls 53µA on its dimming circuit.

Since you'll be dimming them down to 0, you need to use 53µA each in the calculation. With 30mA provided per pin, you can safely run 566 LDD on each, for a total of 3,396 across the entire controller.

So yes, probably far more than the total number of LDD that have been sold to reef hobbyists combined :)

• Like 3

you have news about the Sensors? release date or...?

he said hopefully within a year a few posts ago I asked the same question. looks like post #139

• 2 weeks later...
SpencerShepard

Do you think you'll be getting all the preorder units out on the 5th?

We're certainly going to try! Will likely take two days to ship all of them though.

Sharkman999

Joined this forum because of this thread, look forward to seeing it develop and land in uk, any video of it controlling the kessil 360 as that's what I have and not even sure what colours I could get out of it with this controller, so would love to see it controlling one.

• Like 1
SpencerShepard

Joined this forum because of this thread, look forward to seeing it develop and land in uk, any video of it controlling the kessil 360 as that's what I have and not even sure what colours I could get out of it with this controller, so would love to see it controlling one.

Not yet but it is on my to-do list!

NanoTank1

Yeah. I was glad to see the app release prior to the May 5th ship date! I also picked a choice username. Now I get to twiddle my thumbs until the actual device arrives...

• Recommended Discussions