inTank Media Baskets

Bluefish LED Controller: News Thread

SpencerShepard

• 2 weeks later...

I love how this product looks and works. I cannot wait to get my hands on this when I will add it to my future tank. Finally design done sexy :-)

• Like 1
whobobwhatpants

This is exactly what i'm looking for! My Kessil A360WE is stuck somewhere in Illinois because of the weather over there. When do you think the first batch of units will be available? I will very happily be a beta tester. :D

• Like 1
SpencerShepard

Are you going to allow local pickup? I would love to see this in person.

We will be selling them at our retail store; Blue World Aquariums in Victoria. We'll set up a demo for it soon.
SpencerShepard

Awesome, BTW I love your store you have amazing selection!

Thank you very much! Please say hi the next time you're in. -Spencer
  • Like 1

This is precisely what I need to sell my wife on placing my tank in the living room. Simulating not just Bora Bora sunrise sunset, but real time weather as well. We can have a little connection to our favorite destination 24/7.

Any update on release date? Or is 1st Q still as specific as we can get?

SpencerShepard

This is precisely what I need to sell my wife on placing my tank in the living room. Simulating not just Bora Bora sunrise sunset, but real time weather as well. We can have a little connection to our favorite destination 24/7.

Any update on release date? Or is 1st Q still as specific as we can get?

You mean like this?

Screenshot_2014-01-30-14-00-07_zps91dd61

:P

Release is looking like April.

SpencerShepard

Man I wish I was there, even with the rain.

So it looks like 6 channels of lights. How will other items like powerbar/ATO plug into it?

There's an auxiliary connection (which we call BluePort), that will handle all future accessories. Something we're doing a bit differently with this connection is supplying the cables as two parts. A very short cable, paired with an extension. The cables lock together and are clean looking. If you mount modules side by side, you can just use the short cable and avoid having an extra six feet of cable hanging there.

SpencerShepard

Do you have a Kickstarter or Indiegogo set up for this project? Cause I would so be in...

What's Kickstarter??

:ninja::)

Kickstarter (https://www.kickstarter.com/) is a website that lets you set up crowd funding for small projects. You set up a pitch page describing the project you want to launch. Then you choose a deadline and a minimum funding goal. If the funding goal isn't met by the deadline, then no funds are collected. If it is, then the pledges are collected through Amazon Payments. Usually there are rewards for various levels of pledges (eg, pledge $20 and be on a special e-mail list for product updates, pledge $180 and get a first release of the Bluefish before they go on sale to the public, pledge $250 and get a special limited edition gold plated Bluefish, etc).

I realized after I asked about this that I'm not 100% sure if Kickstarter takes Canadian projects though. :/

SpencerShepard

Sorry...I need to work on my emoticon communication skills. Maybe I should have done this:

What's kickstarter?? ;)

Translation being: You will see this project on kickstarter in the near future, but I'm being coy about it for no particular reason.

• Like 4

Is there some kind of adapter that those of us with the 6 channel 4 prong connectors can use to connect with this, like those used for the storm controllers? I'm assuming you and Dave are working on a solution already but I'm just curious.

• Like 2

Is there some kind of adapter that those of us with the 6 channel 4 prong connectors can use to connect with this, like those used for the storm controllers? I'm assuming you and Dave are working on a solution already but I'm just curious.

That is a very interesting question. I did find out I was accepted into the iOS beta program before my Nano Box Duo was complete. Also noted that Dave is working with y'all so I did mention it Dave that it would be nice to have a method to connect to the two. We'll see if a solution was applied when the light shows up, fingers crossed for delivery before Saturday.

• Like 2

I will offer a small connector for the Bluefish controllers. It will require a little re-wiring but will be VERY easy. I am here to help anyone out.

That is a very interesting question. I did find out I was accepted into the iOS beta program before my Nano Box Duo was complete. Also noted that Dave is working with y'all so I did mention it Dave that it would be nice to have a method to connect to the two. We'll see if a solution was applied when the light shows up, fingers crossed for delivery before Saturday.

• Like 2

I will offer a small connector for the Bluefish controllers. It will require a little re-wiring but will be VERY easy. I am here to help anyone out.

Cool, good to know. Thanks for the info.

Sorry...I need to work on my emoticon communication skills. Maybe I should have done this:

What's kickstarter?? ;)

Translation being: You will see this project on kickstarter in the near future, but I'm being coy about it for no particular reason.

omgomgomg

Am excite! Will keep my eye out for it. :)

• Recommended Discussions