Coral Vue Hydros

Bluefish LED Controller: News Thread

SpencerShepard

SpencerShepard

I"m sorry if I missed it in the thread... but what is the word on potential Maxspect R420R compatibility?

It would be an interface that we would need to design and produce specifically for the Razors. We would need to see more interest in this before we went ahead with it...didn't get much in the Razor thread.

whobobwhatpants

All i can say is DAMN Canada Post is a absolute rip off shipping to Australia but what can you do. :(

I also signed up to your mailing list a long time ago but have never received anything?

mattgreene22
The drivers they use in Evergrow fixtures are resistance dimming only.

What does this actually mean...and does the same apply the OR S026? Thx

jedimasterben

What does this actually mean...and does the same apply the OR S026? Thx

Resistance dimming = potentiometers.

I'm going to make some videos. Any requests for what you'd like to see?

Wiring it up to a DIY array. Showing how you have your LDD's connected and what kind of enclosure you used. Basically seeing a real setup in action. Perhaps how you have speakers set up for thunder.

Hi,

Could you do a video showing this running some kessil lights please. I'd like to see the spectrum and intensity changes and how they are done in the android app. I'd like to see what works with the Kessil lights specifically. Does Thunder work with the kessil lights?

What kind of network camera are you using with the app in the video?

thanks

SpencerShepard

Hi,

Could you do a video showing this running some kessil lights please. I'd like to see the spectrum and intensity changes and how they are done in the android app. I'd like to see what works with the Kessil lights specifically. Does Thunder work with the kessil lights?

What kind of network camera are you using with the app in the video?

thanks

I'll try to get one of the beta testers to make a video. One guy is using it with 3 kessils, so that would make for a good video. Yes, lightning does work with the Kessils. Their response time is a bit slower than we'd like for this, but the effect is still very good.

I'm using a D-Link DCS-930L as a webcam. They are very cheap, and available nearly anywhere that sells network gear. I bought mine for $45 at Staples.

• Like 1

I'll try to get one of the beta testers to make a video. One guy is using it with 3 kessils, so that would make for a good video. Yes, lightning does work with the Kessils. Their response time is a bit slower than we'd like for this, but the effect is still very good.

I'm using a D-Link DCS-930L as a webcam. They are very cheap, and available nearly anywhere that sells network gear. I bought mine for $45 at Staples.

Hey thanks for the information. I appreciate it.

Can you give us an idea of when the power bar and sensor node might be released I understand its a ways off but how far. like 6 months, a year, over a year what?

SpencerShepard

Can you give us an idea of when the power bar and sensor node might be released I understand its a ways off but how far. like 6 months, a year, over a year what?

More than 6 months on the powerbar. Probably more than 6 months on the sensor module.

It would be an interface that we would need to design and produce specifically for the Razors. We would need to see more interest in this before we went ahead with it...didn't get much in the Razor thread.

You can mark down another one for intrest in a Razor controller. I thought it wasn't even an option because of the onboard controller. I am really looking forward to the power bar and sensor node as well.

Hey can we get some pictures of the Lighting Controller DIY breakout board? I'm staring up my next DIY LED build and I for sure gonna use the Bluefish controller but I want to see if I want the breakout boards also.

SpencerShepard

Hey can we get some pictures of the Lighting Controller DIY breakout board? I'm staring up my next DIY LED build and I for sure gonna use the Bluefish controller but I want to see if I want the breakout boards also.

I don't have any pictures yet. The boards are being made now. Their size is 0.95 x 1.2". Here's the layout, if it helps:

Thanks for the order btw! :)

SpencerShepard

really wanna got one of these.

how do i connect my nano box to it? :wizard:

Best thing to do would be to PM Dave about that. He's supposed to be posting something about this so he needs to be poked. :)

Really simple though. I'm making a manual but here's the basics of connecting to dimmable drivers:

Step one: Cut the control cable(s) to the length you need.

bluefish-wiring-howto.jpg

Step two: Strip the cable so it looks like this.

bluefish-wiring.jpg

Step three: Connect to your drivers

Super simple. Every dimmable driver will have two connections; ground, and the control signal. I believe if you open up your NanoBox driver box (unplug it first, obviously), you will find screw terminals labeled ground (or "G") and "PWM 1", "PWM 2", etc. Ground to ground, signal wires to PWM inputs.

Daaave.....we need a picture.

jedimasterben

As long as it is one of Dave's units that is currently using the Storm controller, then it will be using Meanwell LDD on a PCB. The LDD don't have any ground connections, just PWM input, so you'd need to connect the ground wire to the common DC ground on the power supply that is powering the LDD.

• Recommended Discussions