Cultivated Reef

Bluefish LED Controller: News Thread

SpencerShepard

SpencerShepard
On 3/18/2018 at 8:03 AM, P0seid0n said:

Hi Spencer, in a previous post you mention cutting the cord that comes with the Bluefish.  A friend of mine has the Bluefish, we cut the cords, inside there is a white, a red, and braiding that I thought was just shielding. Is that braid really a ground?  

His LED’s all work at 100% when I provide 5v to the PWM input, but when I try to control them, they blink, and when I put all four channels to 100%, they all go out.  

Im at a loss here.  Thank you for your help!

0F9B8928-FD8E-4821-A1E9-BBBE6FA53084.jpeg

8580AF58-E841-4875-8862-16A1D78BF142.jpeg

Yes, the braided wire is ground.  The issues you are describing does sound like a grounding issue as well.

• 5 months later...

I have one of your Bluefish controllers. I build my own LED lights using MeanWell LPF series power supplies. Here is my question. If I hook up the Bluefish controller to one of my lights it works just fine. If I connect the output of the bluefish controller to multiple lights it no longer works correctly. For example I am building 4 individual lights for over my 250 gallon tank. I want the 4 individual lights to act as one large light. So if I turn on my UV LED's I want all of them to turn on or dim at the same intensity. 

What I am finding when I connect multiple lights together is that the various color LED's are on when I have them set to 0%. I went through all of the various pages and set all the levels to 0%. Is there a limit to the number of power supplies each channel can control at one time? Since I built 4 lights with 6 channels (UV, Blue, Cool White, Warm White, Red and Green) each channel would need to send either the 0-10Vdc or PWM signals to control 4 power supplies. I did try both the PWM and the 0-10Vdc and I get the same results.

I was hoping to use only one Bluefish controller not 4 to control my lights. 

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
DaveFason
On 4/25/2019 at 6:57 AM, Titaniumbird said:

Will there be IFTT or Alexa voice control support?

From my understanding, no. 

On 12/14/2014 at 5:47 PM, SpencerShepard said:

We've just released a new product, the Bluefish Power Dimmer. This product is a much smaller, packaged version of our now discontinued PowerPWM dimmer.

bluefish-led-power-dimmer-450x450.jpg

The Bluefish Power Dimmer allows you to control many common LED strips. The Power Dimmer is connected in-line, between the power supply and LED product, and accepts the same mini-audio style plugs from your Bluefish controller. One power input and two outputs means the Power Dimmer functions as a splitter. Each Power Dimmer has 2 channels of control, and can handle up to 120W per channel.

The Power Dimmer modulates the power to your LEDs with a PWM signal from the Bluefish controller. Essentially, PWM is turning the LEDs on/off much faster than your eye can see. This is the accepted “right” way to dim LEDs, as the spectrum remains the same despite the brightness.

Supported Compatibility:

– Ecoxotic Stunner LED strips
– Ecoxotic Panorama Pro LED modules
– Current USA TrueLumen LED strips
– Current USA Orbit Marine fixtures

power-dimmer-connection-diagram.jpg

Thanks for the clear picture of this setup. The LED controller challenged people like me appreciate it!. I know this is from several years back, are these still being produced? I see on your website they are out of stock. Ready to pull the trigger, but need the power dimmer to work with my Truelumens.

• Recommended Discussions