Top Shelf Aquatics

Progress on Orders : Check your order and others!

DaveFason

Another grinder week! I am down to two orders and then will be completely current! First time in NanoBox history! I have also made head way and have units 70% pre-assembled! Things are on the up and up.

Dual Tide :

27176068961_91e165f6ec_z.jpgtidedualblackpurpgoose by David Fason, on Flickr

Sunpower Two Array - Four Bulb :

27148322372_6f6b7142f6_z.jpgsunpowertwoarrayfourbulbwhite by David Fason, on Flickr

I also just posted this.

"Hey guys,

The V3 array has been on the market for a little over a year and a half. The array itself was affordable, powerful and almost perfect. While the overall color was very favorable the current state of reefing has shifted towards heavy blue. As well most DIY wanted the white/lime channel separated instead of being grouped together. Fast forward and 5 weeks ago my pricing was going up on the current arrays due to " old " technology. I have been eyeing the new Luxeon C for a while and my first thought was to swap the Rebels with Luxeon C. Philips has been on the cutting edge of LED emitters and the new Luxeon C was a perfect swap for the Rebels. With numerous colors, incredible solder pad design and a smaller package they were bound to be integrated for NanoBox.

While I was designing I decided to add a fifth channel for the DIY group or custom lighting projects. I wanted to keep the same size and hole pattern so no changes needed to be made. As well if a person wanted to swap arrays it could be done easily. However I did not want this to be and upgrade per say just an update to a current design. All the specs are almost identical. The biggest difference is the neutral white/warm white Luxeon T's are now TX ( same specs just more efficient ) and the Rebel package is now Luxeon C. The Luxeon C lime is now a hair less powerful making the white channel less in your face. Royal Blue channel is exactly the same.

I want to be clear that this is not an " upgrade ". This is a update that needed to happen or pricing would have gone up! However this also allows for me to experiment with a few new colors that may be very beneficial to marine/fresh aquariums.

NanoBox V3.1 :

Channel 1 - Luxeon TX

• 2 - Warm White
  • 1 - Neutral White

Channel 2 - Luxeon C

• 2 - Lime

Channel 3 - Luxeon T

• 4 - Royal Blue

Channel 4 - SemiLED

• 2 - Violet

Channel 5 - Luxeon C

• 1 - Blue
  • 1 - Cyan

27176069531_90486b5da6_z.jpgnanoboxv3.1 by David Fason, on Flickr

Thanks guys!

-Dave "

Enjoy!

-Dave

• Like 5

I love a .1 upgrade that avoid price increases! Improved/more efficient LEDs plus an additional channel of control sounds like a great deal. Oh, and congrats on almost being caught up for the first time ever, sounds like the nanobots need to get busy and order more lights :)

• Like 3
aviator300

I love a .1 upgrade that avoid price increases! Improved/more efficient LEDs plus an additional channel of control sounds like a great deal. Oh, and congrats on almost being caught up for the first time ever, sounds like the nanobots need to get busy and order more lights :)

I'm doing my part.

• Like 1
Simulated Fish

I'm doing my part.

Haha Same here! I'm Going DIY so perfect timing for the v3.1 to come out!

• Like 1
Simulated Fish

can we use this to upgrade our current lights? if so how can we do it?

Dave said elsewhere that it is not an upgrade, just a change in the array style. Limes are separated out now per community request and he switched LED type on a few to more readily available ones. Talking 1-3% more output at most.

can we use this to upgrade our current lights? if so how can we do it?

It would require just taking the old array off and then soldering the wires. VERY simple.

However in your case this would NOT be worth it.

-Dave

• Like 1

Simple until you see me wielding a soldering iron like a pig handles a musket. BAHAHAHAHA yeah, no. :P Just wondering. I love the idea of world domination and total control - its my inner Decepticon :P

• Like 2

Got back in town yesterday from going on a nice R&R break at the beach. Back on the grind today and will have photos uploaded Thursday.

New arrays are in stock and website will be updated. A few new body colors are being anodized now and working on nailing down an updated Hybrid unit. Cant stop, wont stop.

-Dave

• Like 1

It has been a busy few days. Things are cranking in the shop with some more goodies in the works. Most standard units are heading out in less than 4-5 days. I am feeling pretty good about that!

I will be putting together a time lapse to show everyone how much goes into these units. As well I have a videographer coming in to shoot a video. Hoping it will show off what NanoBox really is.

Crafted Series Tide : White/White Anodized Purple Screws - All Screws are purple including the fans - Purple Sleeving SOLD!!!!

27146946030_f52b60195b_z.jpgtidewhitepurplecraftedgoose by David Fason, on Flickr

27324581482_e03e8e7e65_z.jpgtidewhitepurplecraftedgooseclose by David Fason, on Flickr

Black/White Tide :

27324582992_5f6ceeba82_z.jpgtideblackwhitegoose5 by David Fason, on Flickr

ATI Sunpower - Four Array - Four Bulbs

27351451941_92df6dc32b_z.jpghybridatisunpowerquad by David Fason, on Flickr

Black Duo :

26816063573_d478d4c46d_z.jpgduoblackgoose00 by David Fason, on Flickr

Black/Vivid Blue Duo :

26816059733_9188d1715f_z.jpgduoblackvividbluegoose2 by David Fason, on Flickr

When I prep the raw units I have to cover up completely to deburr, tap, sand and finish before they can go to the anodizer. I look like I am in Breaking Bad cooking up something. Being 85+ degrees and humid right now I have a new way of loosing weight :P

27351453451_81a5b50b09_z.jpgbreakingbadday by David Fason, on Flickr

Enjoy!

-Dave

• Like 4

Customer Progress page is updated. I have a good amount of units pre-assembled and VERY short lead times. :D

I am also picking up a handful of purple anodized bodies today or Monday.

-Dave

What a week! Most orders are shipped and continuing to prep for future orders. Customer update page is being updated daily now to keep you guys in the know. I currently have the following units 80% finished for quick turn around.

Duo :

Red Plus M

White Plus M

Black Plus M

Tide :

Black Plus M

Purple Plus M

Red Plus M

Blue Plus M

Gold Plus M

I have been working closely with my local anodizer and the work is getting even better. I just finished a run of purple and working on a few other colors. Pictured below are ideas for you guys. The gold and purple... :ninja:

26988890163_523c33c255_c.jpganodized by David Fason, on Flickr

In other BIG news I will be moving into a new Studio space that I am more than excited about. This will allow me to keep my sanity ( not being home all day ), stock more units, network and really feel like a business that I can bring people too. July 1 is move in. :D

Here are a few finished units.

27525084821_b046b65a36.jpgduocloakgoose2 by David Fason, on Flickr

27525082691_d2884caef2.jpgtideblackhang12 by David Fason, on Flickr

27525083891_4048fa97b4.jpgquadblackgoose3 by David Fason, on Flickr

26988890963_6ffbd8e2ca.jpgquadwprotoblack by David Fason, on Flickr

27525081731_76eb8ca0bc.jpgtidecloakhang2 by David Fason, on Flickr

26988892073_bb4345a4cd.jpgduowhitewhitegoose5 by David Fason, on Flickr

Enjoy!

• Like 1

Everything is official! I signed the lease to the new place and will start moving in over the next two weeks. I will take photos to show everyone the facility but it is unreal. This will really help me buckle down and start prepping for the future. To make things even better I will be hiring a part timer a few hours a week to help pack, organize, assemble driver boards, etc.

A bunch of orders went out today as well. Google sheet is updated and current.

Rare Sighting - ME - 60" ATI Sunpower Retro - Six Arrays - Largest unit I have done

27066133103_b02c6ccff6_z.jpgATI60SixArray by David Fason, on Flickr

Black Tide :

27575802722_934f541719_z.jpgtideblackgoose52 by David Fason, on Flickr

Black Quad :

27066131533_897b152933_z.jpgquadblackgoose13 by David Fason, on Flickr

Black.Carbon Duo : FOR SALE $500

27066131993_219afb60c6_z.jpgduoblackcarbongoose by David Fason, on Flickr

Dual Beams :

27066132443_21c35a4d71_z.jpgbeamblackredhang by David Fason, on Flickr

And our new pup. Baxter - Rescued from a family!

26987832874_869454ab3d_z.jpgbaxster by Dave Fason, on Flickr

• Like 5

Wow, Dave, so much good stuff going on over the past week. Congratulations on the new space and expanding staff, that's really exciting. And Baxter is so cute, I hope he likes hanging out in the shop with you!

I just noticed the picture you posted of the quadw, it looks really good. It's driving me crazy knowing it's sitting in a box at the house just waiting for me to come home!

Tons of updates Monday. Officially 90% moved in! Now to build overhead lighting and new work bench.

Thanks guys and I apologize if I am behind on an email or two.

-Dave

• Like 3

Running out of time for today. Working on a big update post that will include....

Apex Ready - Lower price if you choose Apex adaptor

New Gooseneck Clamp - Single Clamp for all size tanks

New Colors - Bodies and Lids

New Part Time Employee :D

Quad W Update

New NanoBox Headquarters

-Dave

• Like 3

Running out of time for today. Working on a big update post that will include....

Apex Ready - Lower price if you choose Apex adaptor

New Gooseneck Clamp - Single Clamp for all size tanks

New Colors - Bodies and Lids

New Part Time Employee :D

Quad W Update

New NanoBox Headquarters

-Dave

Is the new guy related to Shipping Jeff? :lol: