Pod Your Reef

Progress on Orders : Check your order and others!

DaveFason

This fall I'm gonna have a project for you. I just scrapped out a 600V DC drive that has an 1100mm x 550mm heatsink in it. $600,000 gone in a flash, literally, lol. I'll weld up the holes and mill it flat, then you can work that voodoo that you do.

NanoBox Maxi Light :)
  • Like 1

Don't know why Dave's BEAMs aren't more popular. They are just awesome and you can put tons of LEDs in a tiny area. Thought for sure they would catch on with reefbrites being so popular with sunpower addons.

• Like 2

Don't know why Dave's BEAMs aren't more popular. They are just awesome and you can put tons of LEDs in a tiny area. Thought for sure they would catch on with reefbrites being so popular with sunpower addons.

Well, he doesn't have them listed on his website (at least I cant find them) so I assume that's a major factor.

That LED Hybrid definitely looks intersting.... Full software control over all LEDs I'm assuming?

The beams are controlled on there own channel. The color is suppose to be an OG actinic, Then the LED clusters are controlled with the other 4 channels. Will post a full review once I get the light ;)

• Like 4

The beams are controlled on there own channel. The color is suppose to be an OG actinic, Then the LED clusters are controlled with the other 4 channels. Will post a full review once I get the light ;)

Definitely good to know. It's an interesting concept to say the least, especially if it will give the same "light everywhere!" effect the T5's can do. I'm looking at the Hybrid light fixture (probably over a Reefer 250) myself for whenever I actually get a tank going and going with predominately (or all) LED wouldn't hurt.

What is "OG"?

• Like 1

Quick update. I have had a few customers say the screws for the gooseneck mount are not working correctly. Some fitting to stiff, some not fitting at all. If you have this issue PLEASE contact me and I am heading to the hardware store to pick up a new style. I believe my last batch of nylon are touch smaller.

-Dave

Looking forward to when you get it and your review of it, especially with as it pertains to growth and coloration on sps (undersides).

Looking forward to when you get it and your review of it, especially with as it pertains to growth and coloration on sps (undersides).

Agreed! Thats what I'm hoping for aswell. It looks very promising

• Like 1

I have been busy behind the scenes with NanoBox and future projects. The new website material is coming along nicely. Finishing the details on the round heatsink/fuge light and updating BEAM material.

I will have weird schedules the next few weeks.

• Aug 25-29th - Vermont - Staying with the glass blower and creating aquarium products :)
  • Sept 3rd - 10th - Mexico - Anniversary / Fishing / NanoBox work

I want to head to Chicago to visit my FishBit buddy but also piggy back a trip to visit customers. Any takers? Maybe a NR meet up?

White/Grey Tide :

28953834171_48c89b1ef8.jpgtidewhitegreygoose by David Fason, on Flickr

Black Duo :

28743552000_1c5057a258.jpgduoblackhang1 by David Fason, on Flickr

White Duo :

28996842416_9727a11d35.jpgduowhitewhitegoose by David Fason, on Flickr

Black/Blue Tide :

28996841876_a5310f8aeb.jpgtideblackbluegoose by David Fason, on Flickr

White Duo :

28996842116_bec75cdc60.jpgduowhitewhitegoose2 by David Fason, on Flickr

Black Tide :

28996841416_9f9fcf2b32.jpgtideblackgoose1 by David Fason, on Flickr

Black Tide - All Red Screws ( Lid/Fan ) Black Screw ( Splash Guard ) - FOR SALE

28953834501_a07182236d.jpgtideblackstrangerthingsgoose by David Fason, on Flickr

Enjoy!

-Dave

• Like 3

I like the Stranger Things Tide! They did a good job recreating the '80s in that show. That was literally me back then playing D&D, riding bikes everywhere, and talking to each other on walkie talkies, minus the crazy other dimension, monsters, and superhumans :)

well just ordered a Tide Plus M for my nano. looking forward to trying these bad boys out as i plan on rocking a duo over a future frag tank and a retro over my 120G.

• Like 2

I have been plugging away on new items. New website, new blog, t-shirts, packing material, tanks and trips.

Here is the new NanoBox Concept tank.

29088917111_ac1b8f61fc_z.jpgnanoboxdropoff by David Fason, on Flickr

I just ordered a new T-Shirts that will be going on the website next week.

28566533473_e9de6efbbe_z.jpgUntitled by David Fason, on Flickr

I have been working on packing materials for NanoBox Units. There will now be a sticker that will go on the front along with a "Quick Guide" card and stickers.

29186262505_424af16763_z.jpgUntitled by David Fason, on Flickr

NanoBox driver boards will be going up for sale on the website and on RapidLEDs website. These allow for five LDD drivers, one SCW and complete PWM control over your fans. The best part is you can edit you software with Arduino software.

29108031191_497f0c1785_z.jpgNanoBoxFanBoard by David Fason, on Flickr

Black Quad :

28898431810_f022aa0aa0_z.jpgquadblackgoose by David Fason, on Flickr

NanoBox ATI Sunpower Retro :

28898432160_7ab00a9d0d_z.jpgATI24x6x4hang by David Fason, on Flickr

Let me know what you guys think!

-Dave

• Like 7

I busted my tail today and have everything set for the week. I am heading out super early tomorrow to VT until Monday. I will be creating hand blown aquarium glass goods this weekend with the artist Robert Du Grenier. TONS of pictures to follow.

To top it off I am so excited to finish the release of the Quad W. I think once these start to get into the wild people will be blown away. $775, wirless, five channel, 52 LEDs, hanging kit included and multiple colors.

28922570430_fafbbe295d_c.jpgquadwblackblackhang by David Fason, on Flickr

28922569760_9247046c2f_c.jpgquadwblackblackhangside by David Fason, on Flickr

Teaser video of the drop off.

-Dave

• Like 8

I busted my tail today and have everything set for the week. I am heading out super early tomorrow to VT until Monday. I will be creating hand blown aquarium glass goods this weekend with the artist Robert Du Grenier. TONS of pictures to follow.

To top it off I am so excited to finish the release of the Quad W. I think once these start to get into the wild people will be blown away. $775, wirless, five channel, 52 LEDs, hanging kit included and multiple colors.

28922570430_fafbbe295d_c.jpgquadwblackblackhang by David Fason, on Flickr

28922569760_9247046c2f_c.jpgquadwblackblackhangside by David Fason, on Flickr

Teaser video of the drop off.

-Dave

I love my QuadW :wub:

• Like 1