SaltCritters.com

Lazarus Project - Godzilla's (Evanski) Fluval 2G

evanski

And just where would I find such magical palys? :rolleyes:

Gonna let things grow in a bit and have the tank mature. Just over three months, and getting ready to replace the media at the end of the month.

Future plans include purple monti cap, and a couple of different flavors of birdsnest for the top portions of the rockwork.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some orange bam bams and LA lakers zoas would be boss in your collection :)

I know, right?!?

Looking for BamBams for sure. I have purple hornets, which look a lot like LA Lakers...I just did not post a pick of it. Bought a single polyp, but the mat is spreading quickly so I anticipate babehs very soon.

Pinner Reef

Sup E!

Man, talk about a string of bad luck!

Nudis were what turned me off of zoas for the longest time. :angry:

Seems as though you got things more or less under control. But, yeah, a few more dips are probably going to be necessary.

The tank is looking no worse for the wear however! Things look like they're showing good growth.

Keep up the good work.

Also, hope you've been able to have some fun with the storm.

The latter part of my week was incredible. :naughtydance:

Sup G!

Hey, if it was easy, everyone would do it. What fun would that be? Just trying to roll with the punches.

I am going to recycle the favia skeleton to be my frag rack. I despise frag plugs, and it can serve as my grow-out station for my little extras!

Got my share of runs in, but traveling non stop now!

hello hello, what's happening in here?

Hey Kat! Thanks for stopping by.

What Pinner said. Zoas went down hill...saw one of these bastages cruising the glass, and went to war.

Skiing has been pretty good, but my year is about done because of my trawl schedule.

I had zoa eating nudis. I inspected the zoas every single day, sometimes 2-3 times a day. I caught many, killed many. I am finally free of them. This is the main forest of zoas, but I have them all over the tank. So it was arduous but I did it.

20131201_174330.jpg

I had zoa eating nudis. I inspected the zoas every single day, sometimes 2-3 times a day. I caught many, killed many. I am finally free of them. This is the main forest of zoas, but I have them all over the tank. So it was arduous but I did it.

20131201_174330.jpg

LOVE your pile of Zoas!

Go back a page and have a look at the discussion. Folks have used FWE without the poisoning problems see with mass flatworm die of.

Killed two by tweezers, FWE nuke and I am back in bidness!

Read. I didn't think H2O2 would work but more power to it, it's a miracle worker in so many cases. I didn't FW dip or anything even though a FW dip bursts the cell membrane of a nudibranch.

I meticulously tweezer caught the bastards every day till I saw them no more.

And yes! they change colors to match the zoas they've been feasting on. bastards.

Senior night for my oldest son's team Friday...college in the fall! :bling:

which college is he going to?

which college is he going to?

University of Nevada at Reno...just down the hill from us. Not bad for a state school, and hard to beat in-state tuition.

9pages in and following. Love this Fluval . Have one myself mainly sps so far. Did you drill the big chamber and elbow to original spout? I drilled mine to get another pump in the big chamber and keep the small original pump on lower drilled front hidden by carved rock . Love your coral selection. Any new bp,pb,pb caps in the future?

I upgraded to the MJ 606 which gives me plenty of flow...but maybe not quite enough or turbulent enough for your SPS garden.

I have the InTank media basket, so drilling for a second pump was not an option. The extra filtration is a good reservoir that allows me to feed regularly without an algae problem...yet...knock on wood.

Got a build thread?

No build thread sir. I don't know how to post pics from iPhone so that's why I'm thread less .media basket is a good thing to have , I had one that I bought used from souther Cali reefer in Santa Barbara . Worked great till I wanted sps. I did a few DIY mods to my spec light, pumps, light stand, heater, skimmer . All keeping the stock look and having a better sps friendly spec, when I figure how to post pics from iphone4 then I'll start a thread . Have fun love your spec just don't like how we have a tiny foot print to place rock( that's why I sliced my rock in half and glued it on the wall. More real state . :)

Nanofreak79

Decided to nuke them from orbit...only way to be sure.

2 drops of FWE. Pulled the CPE and let is run for two hours. Turkey bastered the entire tank.

Put everything back the way it was, mounted a few of my new corals, did a water change, and replaced floss. Kinda cloudy right now, should get better overnight.

Will keep you all posted.

Something to consider...I deal with a very reputable dealer who dips with Coral Rx and quarantines his stock and heals everything up before sale. Everything was beauteous and healthy as far as I knew. I also dipped. Apparently, the eggs have a 10+ day incubation period and are more or less impervious to anything you can dip coral in, including FW.

Easy to see how this could glide by despite very good tank husbandry. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

No offense, but if he properly quarantined corals he would have found these and the circular egg sacks. IMO LFS are getting lazy. Most everyone around here, including a reputable, popular store has aptasia, bubble algae and had nudis before as well. In glad your using the FWE, it's a great tool in fighting these devils. Good luck!

No build thread sir. I don't know how to post pics from iPhone so that's why I'm thread less .media basket is a good thing to have , I had one that I bought used from souther Cali reefer in Santa Barbara . Worked great till I wanted sps. I did a few DIY mods to my spec light, pumps, light stand, heater, skimmer . All keeping the stock look and having a better sps friendly spec, when I figure how to post pics from iphone4 then I'll start a thread . Have fun love your spec just don't like how we have a tiny foot print to place rock( that's why I sliced my rock in half and glued it on the wall. More real state . :)
Photobucket app is easy way to post pics

No offense, but if he properly quarantined corals he would have found these and the circular egg sacks. IMO LFS are getting lazy. Most everyone around here, including a reputable, popular store has aptasia, bubble algae and had nudis before as well. In glad your using the FWE, it's a great tool in fighting these devils. Good luck!

Thanks for the note, Freaky...always nice to hear another opinion and get a little moral support. To be fair, I dipped and REALLY gave these corals a once over (no QT tank...pico only!). Even after I removed the corals AFTER the infestation was apparent, I never say ANY eggs at all.

These eggs are VERY resistant, have a long incubation period (11 days+), and are near invisibly unless you happen to see this circular pattern. Seems like there is A LOT of this going on and it is a stealthy kind of problem.

UPDATE: Just got back from a BRUTAL trip...took me something like 30 hours to get back from DC, including an overnight at Salt Lake City. If I had been there earlier, I coulda gone to a reefer club meeting with Pinner! Pinner is cool dude.

When I left, all of my zoas were open, which was a step in the right direction. Now the polyps on my RDEs and EEs are plump, full, and spreading out over the rock surface. SOOOO happy.

Still gonna hit with two more spaced FWE treatments to make sure I got it clean. Pics pater after I have a chance to feed, clean, and do a water change tomorrow.

UPDATE: Just got back from a BRUTAL trip...took me something like 30 hours to get back from DC, including an overnight at Salt Lake City. If I had been there earlier, I coulda gone to a reefer club meeting with Pinner! Pinner is cool dude.

When I left, all of my zoas were open, which was a step in the right direction. Now the polyps on my RDEs and EEs are plump, full, and spreading out over the rock surface. SOOOO happy.

Still gonna hit with two more spaced FWE treatments to make sure I got it clean. Pics pater after I have a chance to feed, clean, and do a water change tomorrow.

Looking forward to those pics pater :P.

Seriously...great news on everything being open and happy :happydance:.

^^^ yeah pics

Dood...lemme sleep a night in my own bed and do some tank maintenance! :P

Also worth noting. The red monti is going nuts, unfortunately mostly towards the back of the tank. Bonding well with the glass and starting to turn outwards.

King Midas zoas are coloring up VERY nicely, and the Tubbs seem to enjoy their position high and bright in the tank.

Nanofreak79

Good to hear, there's nothing worse than dealing with those and your zoa collection. I treat my frags with the flatworm exit as part of a dip process. I usually, or should I say did a treatment every two weeks when I treated my tank....got them from one of my favorite LFS. That's when I started using it as a dip later on.

Good to hear, there's nothing worse than dealing with those and your zoa collection. I treat my frags with the flatworm exit as part of a dip process. I usually, or should I say did a treatment every two weeks when I treated my tank....got them from one of my favorite LFS. That's when I started using it as a dip later on.

Never occurred to me before, but it will now be a part of my regimen going forward.

Archived