Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Lazarus Project - Godzilla's (Evanski) Fluval 2G

evanski

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just cut a piece of my x-mas favia and I have plenty of war coral that could be cut. The war coral dosn't look as colorful as Lawn's right now. :unsure:

Acans put out sweepers to but they have short ones. Glenn at Coral gardens is a good hook up for acans. He sells rainbow ones at fair orices.

I just cut a piece of my x-mas favia and I have plenty of war coral that could be cut. The war coral dosn't look as colorful as Lawn's right now. :unsure:
you running leds? Spot feed that sucker pellets and shade it a little if running leds. My LPS is showing the best colors I have ever seen since switching to T5.

Now I am fascinated by the favias....and I suppose I can relegate the acans to the sandbed. The flat rock in the back of the rockwork would be great for favias!

And then of course, I still want more monti caps (lime green and Idaho grape) as well as several kinds of birdsnest!

Your new additions look FANTASTIC. Very jelly!

I love the looks of favias, but hate how mean they are. Acans are way better, I think. And they can tolerate lower lighting, which is nice. Definitely get your acans from Glenn.

Thank you :).

You have a lot of very nice things in your tank...can we arrange a trade? 1/2 gallon growler of high end homebrew (9% ABV double bock, aged 9 months), lift ticket??? :D

you running leds? Spot feed that sucker pellets and shade it a little if running leds. My LPS is showing the best colors I have ever seen since switching to T5.

Halides but I know it wasn't a lighting issue. There were ahem, several incidents, reguarding that particular coral. It's coming back around now a lil.

You have a lot of very nice things in your tank...can we arrange a trade? 1/2 gallon growler of high end homebrew (9% ABV double bock, aged 9 months), lift ticket??? :D

PM will arrive sometime late tonight work is actually getting busy. Stupid works

Halides but I know it wasn't a lighting issue. There were ahem, several incidents, reguarding that particular coral. It's coming back around now a lil.

I rocked halides for years with great results. I always kept my favias and chalice shaded on the sandbed. When my LPS shows fading colors in the sandbed feeding brightens them up.
  • 2 weeks later...

Been out of town and VERY busy last couple of weeks. Wife did ATO duties while I was gone.

Zoas/Palys are going crazy. Reef roids and Kent's Accel are awesome combo, I think. Like the way the coral is growing in.

Getting a new camera soon, hope to have pics with actual color correction and decent resolution soon.

Oh...and new corals on the way.

LPSSSSSSSSS........

You know who you are, and I am gonna out you as soon as I get them in my tank and get some good pics!

Camera! Yea. :)

Amen. iPhone camera not so good with 20K-ish LEDs!

Ordered camera TODAY...and Tunze 3152 ATO is coming by way of Battle Athletics!

Grrrrrr! Damn you!

That chili pepper is effing amazing. the fact that it's encrusting is even better!!

You got a follow from me here.

What tanks have you had in the past? You mentioned multiple picos and others?

Thanks! The colors is a little lighter than it was, and I know they are sensitive to bleaching a bit. Still love it, and it is growing a lot. It has a lot more texture to it, starting to give bumps and perhaps the first couple of plate edges.

I had a 75G, which was a disaster. Lost a lot of fish and coral, took LFS folks at their word (EVERYTHING wrong) rather than doing my own research.

Had a 3G JBK, and a 1G Beta Cube with DIY LED. After years here and a few more mistakes, I think I have enough under my belt to keep a decent tank! Helps to have lots of friends keeping me company.

Grrrrrr! Damn you!

Aw man...Battle and me were talking before hand, and it just came up in conversation. Timing is everything. They are only $100 or so, and worth the investment if you travel like I do.

If you haven't already, have a look at the DIY section...they have a VERY good set of plans for an battery powered air-lifter setup.

Everything is looking really good, you have a great selection of zoas in there. Have you though of a pair of clown gobies for the tank? Perfect size for these smaller tanks and they wont hassle your zoas or LPS at all.

Thx, Rolla!

I have been having a running discussion with Gena et al re: fish. I DO want some SPS, mostly montis and a few flavors of Birdsnest, so I am a little shy of their nipping.

Pinner wants me to get a flaming Prawn Goby...which is beyond awesome but very spendy.

Think I will go fishless for now.

I never experienced any issue with my clown gobies nipping (I have had a Green, Citron & Black). They do really like to lounge around on the SPS though and that is what I found caused the most irritation. Have you thought of just doing inverts/crustaceans? Sexy shrimps would look great in this sexy tank and wont irritate anything.

I never experienced any issue with my clown gobies nipping (I have had a Green, Citron & Black). They do really like to lounge around on the SPS though and that is what I found caused the most irritation. Have you thought of just doing inverts/crustaceans? Sexy shrimps would look great in this sexy tank and wont irritate anything.

Yes, that is where I am heading. Sexies are well known to nip zoanthids unless you feed them at LEAST once a day...my travel schedule might be problematic here.

Looking at an anemone shrimp and pom pom crab. I think these would be fun and pretty reef safe.

Archived