inTank Media Baskets

Lazarus Project - Godzilla's (Evanski) Fluval 2G

evanski

Received my package from Hugo AKA Battle Athletics. Great deal on the Tunz 3152 ATO and BRS Refractometer.

Items well packed and separated.

IMG_0189.jpg

ATO set up in the small chamber

IMG_0193.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg

OK, setup was easy and worked with no instructions.

Can you spot the obvious problem(s)? First, I have an InTank media basket and clip-on Par30 Gooseneck light fixture, which means I cannot place the ATO sensor in the larger chamber. In the smaller chamber, the ATO sensor does not fit unless you rest it on the top on the elbow where the return turns to head through the bulkhead.

I thought this was fine at first, but then realized the water level is MUCH too high now, only 1/4" or so below the edge of the glass.

• Salt creep is now a REAL problem
  • Lid does not fit, and not evaporation rate is HUGE
  • The very nice plastic do-dad that InTank provides with the media basket that serves as a overflow attachment does not work at this water level

ARGGGGG!!!

I am working on mods, which seem to be working. Will describe and post pics later, after mods (including mods to the lid to everything will fit) are finished and tested.

New coral pics with new CanonT3i tomorrow!

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you spot the obvious problem(s)? First, I have an InTank media basket and clip-on Par30 Gooseneck light fixture, which means I cannot place the ATO sensor in the larger chamber. In the smaller chamber, the ATO sensor does not fit unless you rest it on the top on the elbow where the return turns to head through the bulkhead.

I thought this was fine at first, but then realized the water level is MUCH too high now, only 1/4" or so below the edge of the glass.

• Salt creep is now a REAL problem
  • Lid does not fit, and not evaporation rate is HUGE
  • The very nice plastic do-dad that InTank provides with the media basket that serves as a overflow attachment does not work at this water level
ARGGGGG!!!

I am working on mods, which seem to be working. Will describe and post pics later, after mods (including mods to the lid to everything will fit) are finished and tested.

New coral pics with new CanonT3i tomorrow!

Aren't those 5 minute (anticipated) installs great! :rant:

-What's that bright orange looking thing in the top left hand corner of the aquarium?

Aren't those 5 minute (anticipated) installs great! :rant:

-What's that bright orange looking thing in the top left hand corner of the aquarium?

Grrr...tell me about it. Really, kinda pushing the envelope here with such a small tank and an ATO install. HATE the look of gravity-fed bottles, and I really need an ATO. Hopefully this will help others with Specs in the future.

If you mean the thing just above the return nozzle, that would be the reflection of the light bulb in the lamp on my wife's desk. Can't frag it for you, sorry!

If you meant the other side, it is a red Montipora capricornis that I mounted in the corner of the tank.

Grrr...tell me about it. Really, kinda pushing the envelope here with such a small tank and an ATO install. HATE the look of gravity-fed bottles, and I really need an ATO. Hopefully this will help others with Specs in the future.

If you mean the thing just above the return nozzle, that would be the reflection of the light bulb in the lamp on my wife's desk. Can't frag it for you, sorry!

If you meant the other side, it is a red Montipora capricornis that I mounted in the corner of the tank.

LOL, the Cap. Almost looked like a nudi or something.

-Sumpity, sumpity, sump. ;)

LOL, the Cap. Almost looked like a nudi or something.

-Sumpity, sumpity, sump. ;)

Actually, it looks like a moose head from straight on! There is a pic of it somewhere in the thread.

NO SUMP!

I think you need my nano box mini

Next Tank...already have a BoostLED Par30 that I (and the coralz) really like on this one.

Actually, it looks like a moose head from straight on! There is a pic of it somewhere in the thread.

Page 4 ..... Holy Shit, it does look like a moose head!! :o

You got some nice stuff packed in there.

After adjusting a powerhead in the back chamber of my pico i have the water level right to the top. I kinda like it. GSP has already grown to the new height so it stays for now.

I don't know why these pico tank manufcaturers don't think about ATO. I tried to switch my JBJ to a hydro but the sensor wouldn't fit in the back. No one wants to devote every single day of their life to a pico tank. Eventually you are going to go on vacation or at the very least stay over somewhere.

Page 4 ..... Holy Shit, it does look like a moose head!! :o

You got some nice stuff packed in there.

It really does, doesn't it? It is showing pretty good growth against the glass, and perversely, BACKWARDS towards the bulkhead.

Thanks!

After adjusting a powerhead in the back chamber of my pico i have the water level right to the top. I kinda like it. GSP has already grown to the new height so it stays for now.

Isn't the salt creep, especially at the edges where the plastic cornices are, a real problem? I actually have dripping down the edges when it is too high!

i'm a hugh Godzilla fan and I tried to aquascape this theme once but it lasted like two weeks before I had to change it up do to flow. Interested to see how this turns out.

I like your new thread title... Blue Oyster Cult reference, perhaps?

A personal and professional nickname, actually. I have the song on iTunes (a favorite for sure), and more than one friend/family member has it for me as a personalized ringtone. Oh no...ATO was a bit tongue in cheek for sure!

i'm a hugh Godzilla fan and I tried to aquascape this theme once but it lasted like two weeks before I had to change it up do to flow. Interested to see how this turns out.

Wasn't attempting that...but it is an interesting idea! Hard to pull off I think, especially at this scale.

More pishures! This is with my new T3i...but clearly I need to practice yet. Things are a little PURPLE still with auto white balancing. I also was taking pics at the long end of the 15-55mm lens, and focus was a bit of an issue. Any help you can give me would be...well...helpful!

Full tank shot. Need to level it out and crop, but not bad. Little disappointed the colors don't pop a little more.

http://s1093.photobucket.com/user/evanski1/media/Fluval/IMG_0174.jpg.html'>IMG_0174.jpg

Top down. Just meh.

http://s1093.photobucket.com/user/evanski1/media/Fluval/IMG_0173.jpg.html'>IMG_0173.jpg

Love these pinks. They need shade to open, and the pic does not do them justice.

http://s1093.photobucket.com/user/evanski1/media/Fluval/IMG_0170.jpg.html'>IMG_0170.jpg

LOVE my chili pepper monti! It has bleached a bit, but I love it is growing out. From the pics on page 4, it is starting to grow up more than out, but I like the texture.

http://s1093.photobucket.com/user/evanski1/media/Fluval/IMG_0167-Version2.jpg.html'>IMG_0167-Version2.jpg

Prolly my best shot...GSP on the back wall.

http://s1093.photobucket.com/user/evanski1/media/Fluval/IMG_0165.jpg.html'>IMG_0165.jpg

Lunar Eclipse...out of focus, dim, and color balance issues. Plus, it just fell off its mounting and I need to reglue it!

http://s1093.photobucket.com/user/evanski1/media/Fluval/IMG_0164.jpg.html'>IMG_0164.jpg

Ealge eyes washed out but pretty. Notice aptasia I have tried to kill with Aptasia X every week for two months. Forking thing is like Rasputin.

http://s1093.photobucket.com/user/evanski1/media/Fluval/IMG_0163.jpg.html'>IMG_0163.jpg

RDEs.... :wub:

http://s1093.photobucket.com/user/evanski1/media/Fluval/IMG_0162.jpg.html'>IMG_0162.jpg

Thanks for looking. More coralz coming SOON! :o

Skip the X....shits worthless in my experience.... usually just end up with more. I went nudies to eraticate them. I did microwave lemon juice and peroxide, suck it up in the X needle and squirted just like the X...the little F'rs imploded instantly. Don't know if any spores were spread though?

Like that shot of Bullwinkle!

Skip the X....shits worthless in my experience.... usually just end up with more. I went nudies to eraticate them. I did microwave lemon juice and peroxide, suck it up in the X needle and squirted just like the X...the little F'rs imploded instantly. Don't know if any spores were spread though? Like that shot of Bullwinkle!

I have good luck with X is the past....you just need to get it RIGHT INTO THEM...and the narrow tank makes this a challenge.

Bullwinkle <snort>! It was so funny I mounted i against the glass in the corner because I did not want it to shade everything on the rock. It wasn't for a day or so I noticed it looked like a moose head from strain on. It is growing well...but only along the glass and BACKWARDS. Only a matter of time before it shoots out though. Will try to get some better pics close up soon.

Need custom white balance. Auto white balance does not do well with reef tanks. You can try manually setting white balance to Shady or Cloudy for now. Just remember to change it back to Auto afterwards =P.

Thx...got same advice from Lani in a PM, along with other helpful tips.

This was my first go around, hope to get better results and skill set as I go along.

Thanks to Lani helping with camera operation issues. My skill still will need some work, but at least the white balance issue seems to be in hand. I should add...this is actually what the coral and rock look like in my tank.

Original Chili Pepper Montipora

IMG_0167-Version2-1.jpg

Color Corrected in Aperture (Increase color temp to 8700K, slight shift in tint to red/green)

IMG_0167-Version3.jpg

Cropped (shows focus and depth of field issues)

IMG_0167-Version4.jpg

very nice corrected picture!

im liking the mod you did

ill be following, that chilli monti will look great later on

Once I finish modding the lid, I will post pics and a description of what I did. A little nervous how much I needed to do, but the result seems to be just about perfect! You are da man...thanks for the great sale of ATO and refractometer.

Thanks for the kind note!

Archived