Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Lazarus Project - Godzilla's (Evanski) Fluval 2G

evanski

Nanofreak79

Never occurred to me before, but it will now be a part of my regimen going forward.

Yeah, it won't kill eggs, but at least you'll see the little d-bags die and fall out, which gives you a heads up at least. My other dips didn't knock them off the coral....that's how I got them a few years ago.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, it won't kill eggs, but at least you'll see the little d-bags die and fall out, which gives you a heads up at least. My other dips didn't knock them off the coral....that's how I got them a few years ago.

I STILL have not seen any eggs, I just assume they are there and will engage an overlapping treatment process. MAN these things suck. Seems like a lot of that going around.

Is it wrong that I kind of want a nudi tank? Talk about expensive, though.

Maybe a berghia tank? I have a cool build idea for it :D

Nanofreak79
Is it wrong that I kind of want a nudi tank? Talk about expensive, though.

Maybe a berghia tank? I have a cool build idea for it :D

Some nudis are super sexy. Probably only see them in the wild though?

Some nudis are super sexy. Probably only see them in the wild though?

Yeah, cause the mother ####er eating my zoas and turning the same color really turns me on!!!

I'm glad to see some success with this tank, i just picked one up today :D Are you happy with the 660 return versus the 440? I know i have some upgrading to do...

All...thanks for the kind comments. It is so gratifying to see the growth coming in, especially after having a nudi invasion.

I'm glad to see some success with this tank, i just picked one up today :D Are you happy with the 660 return versus the 440? I know i have some upgrading to do...

Good luck! Make sure to read up on the Pico forum and look at the other Fluval Spec threads and Fluval Spec users thread. Yes, VERY happy with the 606...flow is always problematic, and I think this is the way to go.

Looks awesome! I see the moose :).

Moose is awesome! Tank looks great :) I love those zoas

Ha! It was so funny to see it for the first time. Enjoy it while you can, because it is growing so fast that it think the moosie-ness is not long for this world.

BTW Tibbs, you are the only one I communicate with here AND on Twitter!

All...thanks for the kind comments. It is so gratifying to see the growth coming in, especially after having a nudi invasion.

Still fighting nudi in my tanks. I dosed FWE twice already. Did you use the recommended dosage of 1 drop per gallon? I even did 1.5 drops per gallon. They dont die!!!!!!!!!

Still fighting nudi in my tanks. I dosed FWE twice already. Did you use the recommended dosage of 1 drop per gallon? I even did 1.5 drops per gallon. They dont die!!!!!!!!!

I did the recommended dosage the first time, 2X the second time. I also watch my zoas like a hawk, and pluck at the first sign of tentacles.

Did you pull your carbon when you dosed? Pull filtration, leave pumps on, and pluck those little ####ers. You gotta get the polyps to retract and look REALLY closely, as they camouflage. I wait about an hour before I but the filter rakc back in.

Good luck!

Thanks for stopping by and having a look.

Good luck! Make sure to read up on the Pico forum and look at the other Fluval Spec threads and Fluval Spec users thread. Yes, VERY happy with the 606...flow is always problematic, and I think this is the way to go.

Ha! It was so funny to see it for the first time. Enjoy it while you can, because it is growing so fast that it think the moosie-ness is not long for this world.

BTW Tibbs, you are the only one I communicate with here AND on Twitter!

I feel special!

Where did you get your marineland 606? I was looking at amazon and it's 40 bucks for a prime-eligible one or 17 for a non-prime one.

Can't remember if I ordered it on Prime, or through StevieT at In Tank...he has them for $17 plus shipping. Order some filter media, etc. from him to share the shipping cost...win!

Can't remember if I ordered it on Prime, or through StevieT at In Tank...he has them for $17 plus shipping. Order some filter media, etc. from him to share the shipping cost...win!

Word. Thanks.

Got my pump, media basket and media on order. Thanks for the tip to check out In Tank! I picked up my Fluval on sale at Pet Smart for $29.99!!!!!!!!! Half off for anyone with a Pet Smart free membership thing. I've been looking for a nano and at that price I couldn't resist :D Any AIO you get will need to be upgraded so starting the party at $30 was a no brainer ;)

Got my pump, media basket and media on order. Thanks for the tip to check out In Tank! I picked up my Fluval on sale at Pet Smart for $29.99!!!!!!!!! Half off for anyone with a Pet Smart free membership thing. I've been looking for a nano and at that price I couldn't resist :D Any AIO you get will need to be upgraded so starting the party at $30 was a no brainer ;)

NICE score! Have a look and comment on some of the Fluval threads in the pico forum, and make sure to start a build thread ASAP.

Good luck!

Besides zoas and monti, would you like some turquoise trumpets? They would look cute in your tank ;):lol:.

You are soooo generous! To be honest, not sure where I would put them...maybe on the back uncovered rock under the monti?

FORKING NUDIBRANCHS!

My zoas started to get closed up again...close inspection showed several small nudis, fluorescently colored matching their respective meals!

Dosed 2X FWE, removed carbon, and let it cook for about 4 hours before setting things back.

I took the light off and went nudi hunting, using it like a flashlight. You can see the little buggers really easy this way, with polyps closed.

Saw four, removed two by hand, left two in ( :wacko: ) to see how well the FWE worked. They were completely immobile later, and did not wiggle even when I took them out with tweezers. Think the 2X dose does the job.

Now I need to retreat SEVERAL times, 7-10 days apart to eradicate.

Nanofreak79

You are soooo generous! To be honest, not sure where I would put them...maybe on the back uncovered rock under the monti?

FORKING NUDIBRANCHS!

My zoas started to get closed up again...close inspection showed several small nudis, fluorescently colored matching their respective meals!

Dosed 2X FWE, removed carbon, and let it cook for about 4 hours before setting things back.

I took the light off and went nudi hunting, using it like a flashlight. You can see the little buggers really easy this way, with polyps closed.

Saw four, removed two by hand, left two in ( :wacko: ) to see how well the FWE worked. They were completely immobile later, and did not wiggle even when I took them out with tweezers. Think the 2X dose does the job.

I figgin hate those things! Sorry to hear there still being a pain in your arse.

FORKING NUDIBRANCHS!

They don't need a ton of light so that might work! They can even sit in the sand. That's where mine are.

Sorry about the nudis :(.

Archived