Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Lazarus Project - Godzilla's (Evanski) Fluval 2G

evanski

You are out of space!!!! :D

Good thing you have a bigger tank!!!! Everything looks really healthy and happy :)

Thanks! Your Trumpets in the back of the tank (bottom far left) are just too big for this little thing! Gonna have to move them to the IM 16 when it comes out.

Pretty much everything else is going bananas. Do not think the Nuke Greens are going to make it, and the Capt. Murica has been closed for more than a week. Odd...I feed regularly and everything else is doing well.

Can't wait to get the cabinets up and water in the 16!

Say hi to the boys for me.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks good E.

Thx Kat. Gonna mount my last few frags, then just feed and do water changes. Growth is crazy!

Thanks! Your Trumpets in the back of the tank (bottom far left) are just too big for this little thing! Gonna have to move them to the IM 16 when it comes out.

Pretty much everything else is going bananas. Do not think the Nuke Greens are going to make it, and the Capt. Murica has been closed for more than a week. Odd...I feed regularly and everything else is doing well.

Can't wait to get the cabinets up and water in the 16!

Say hi to the boys for me.

Well, poop LOL. I have more nuc greens so we can try those again. I don't have anymore Capt. America...gaves those all to jack. I see the oxides are doing ok though :).

Will say hi from you :D. Say hi to Laura from me :).

Well, poop LOL. I have more nuc greens so we can try those again. I don't have anymore Capt. America...gaves those all to jack. I see the oxides are doing ok though :).

Will say hi from you :D. Say hi to Laura from me :).

Scotched the greens, the the Muricas have always been down low...dunno.

Oxides are banging!

Laura say hi!

:wub:

Did Laura buy you that shirt?

You KNOW she did, right? I never buy any clothes anymore.

Oh...and bubble algae breaking out under the RPEs. Musta snuck in in the frag, but I saw nothing when I inspected it before mounting.

Basically, I blame Gena and Kat...those pushers of heavy and frequent feedings!

I LIKE the growth I am getting. I have stepped up to 25% change per week, and plan on getting a Emerald crab to help debride the bubbles. Will try to find a sweet spot of algae control and growth.

You KNOW she did, right? I never buy any clothes anymore.

Oh...and bubble algae breaking out under the RPEs. Musta snuck in in the frag, but I saw nothing when I inspected it before mounting.

Basically, I blame Gena and Kat...those pushers of heavy and frequent feedings!

I LIKE the growth I am getting. I have stepped up to 25% change per week, and plan on getting a Emerald crab to help debride the bubbles. Will try to find a sweet spot of algae control and growth.

The shirt is awesome! I'm not a heavy frequent feeding pusher :lol:. But I do suggest feeding your fish everyday (I do twice a day) :).

Bubble algae is a PITA. It is beatable though...I have to stay positive about it. It comes and goes in my tank.

The shirt is awesome! I'm not a heavy frequent feeding pusher :lol:. But I do suggest feeding your fish everyday (I do twice a day) :).

Bubble algae is a PITA. It is beatable though...I have to stay positive about it. It comes and goes in my tank.

PUSHER! B)

Gonna try an emerald, and may do a 100% WC and drip peroxide on it and peel it away. Lot of small pieces, don't dare try to pull it off just yet.

PUSHER! B)

Gonna try an emerald, and may do a 100% WC and drip peroxide on it and peel it away. Lot of small pieces, don't dare try to pull it off just yet.

Good luck! I am too lazy to fight it by hand. I'm hoping I can fight it with water changes, etc.

Good luck! I am too lazy to fight it by hand. I'm hoping I can fight it with water changes, etc.

Will keep you posted!

Zoa eating nudibranch all gone? I just found another one in both my Spec V and PicO. ARGH. Pissing me off. I dosed FWE so many times already.

Kat clued me in...you just have to be uber vigilant. Apparently, you have to get them below a certain population level so they will die out.

I dosed FWE once a week for about a month, and inspected all of the colonies after lights out with a black light. The little buggers glow like mad.

The hardest thing is persistence, since the eggs have something like a 14-21 days hatching period...and are more or less impervious in between!

Will keep you posted!

Kat clued me in...you just have to be uber vigilant. Apparently, you have to get them below a certain population level so they will die out.

I dosed FWE once a week for about a month, and inspected all of the colonies after lights out with a black light. The little buggers glow like mad.

The hardest thing is persistence, since the eggs have something like a 14-21 days hatching period...and are more or less impervious in between!

I know...it's sooo annoying. I also noticed that they tend to lay eggs when they die. And they do it in hard to see places. I am gonna have to buy a new bottle of FWE soon. Instead of doing the entire tank, I took out all the rocks and zoas and dosed them in a bucket. I notice that FWE kills brittle starfishes and dosing the entire tank creates a massive die off of them.

I know...it's sooo annoying. I also noticed that they tend to lay eggs when they die. And they do it in hard to see places. I am gonna have to buy a new bottle of FWE soon. Instead of doing the entire tank, I took out all the rocks and zoas and dosed them in a bucket. I notice that FWE kills brittle starfishes and dosing the entire tank creates a massive die off of them.

Sounds like a plan...wish I had brittle stars!

FYI, I usually do 2-4X dose FWE. I never bothered with the eggs...never could find the damn things. I just went after the juvies with FWE and adults with tweezers. Only took like two months!

Did you ever add any fish? What are you feeding and how often? My zoa's/pallys have started to fade in color while they continue to grow. I have corals only so looking for some ways to get some food/nutrients in the tank to boost the corals...

Did you ever add any fish? What are you feeding and how often? My zoa's/pallys have started to fade in color while they continue to grow. I have corals only so looking for some ways to get some food/nutrients in the tank to boost the corals...

Nope...think I am going to stay fish-less on this tank. There is such a limited stocking list, and I am concerned the bioload will be too much.

I feed the corals reef-roids and Kent Coral Accel. mine are growing pretty fast. I have had some bleaching as well under LEDs. I just try to find out what depth in the tank they are happiest at and then mount them there.

Do you have a tank thread?

All I say is feed your tank. Leave the feeding with a shovel to me. :D

A freshwater dip can burst the membrane of a nudibranch and kill them. If possible, next time try a frag and see if it works. It might not. A fresh water dip will be less harmful to the biological filtration and little critters than FWE.

All I say is feed your tank. Leave the feeding with a shovel to me. :D

A freshwater dip can burst the membrane of a nudibranch and kill them. If possible, next time try a frag and see if it works. It might not. A fresh water dip will be less harmful to the biological filtration and little critters than FWE.

How long do you dip the frag for? If I have a huge rock of different zoa frags, can I dip the entire rock in freshwater? The rock will contain other corals too like SPS and acans.

SPS will suffer if the dip is more than 15 seconds. You might be better off keeping the SPS out of the water if possible. They can handle exposure to air without problems. I am not sure about acans.

One of the methods used to deal with MEN (montipora eating nudis) is a fresh water dip. Google that and you will see safe times for SPS dips.

I think Farkwar had a post in his thread about using peroxide in tank water on these little buggers...they literally exploded in no time.

No word on if this helps with the eggs...but my guess is no.

My vote would be 4X FWE out of the tank or peroxide in SW. And, of course, vigorous surveillance. This last I learned from Kat herself!

Tank looks great, Evan!! That beard is friggin' amazing, too. I need that shirt... I've got one that says "Microbiologists do it with culture and sensitivity... And in triplicate" :D

Archived