Innovative Marine Aquariums

Lazarus Project - Godzilla's (Evanski) Fluval 2G

evanski

Yeah..I did an external soak of the rocks...total die off and cloudy tank. Coming back. but think I lost the monties. The local coral farm with their acand are banging and will transition to the 20 as soon as it cycles.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got back on weekly schedule. Fed, did a 20% water change, blew off the rocks, and changed the floss. New coral looks REALLY nice. will go ahead and mount it next weekend if all goes well.

• 4 weeks later...

OK...several 100% water changes and a halt in feeding and things are looking good.

One thing I am noticing post crash(es) is that my polyps are all TINY. Even ones that are a quarter-sized in my 20G are the size of a pea in my 2G...and nothing will grow up high.

Assume this means the light is too much?

Bought a Nanobox Eco with a ding on the cheap from Dave. No controller, no dimmer. Any way I can manage the light in the 2G? I really like the way the tank is going along, only want zoanthids/palys, and don't want to sink more money into the tank.

Thoughts?

I can only think to do what I did for my 8g Evolve. Put a white piece of plastic canvas to help difuse the light and keeps anything from jumping out.

20150830_222738_zpszf3vhoh3.jpg

I can only think to do what I did for my 8g Evolve. Put a white piece of plastic canvas to help difuse the light and keeps anything from jumping out.

20150830_222738_zpszf3vhoh3.jpg

Pic not showing?

3 old but successive pics. Not pretty but it did help. Later on I cut it and moved it only to the front so the sps in back got more light. But it gives an idea anyway. Maybe there are other things you can use but this at least has holes for gas exchange.

No cover, just the top of the Evolve lid.

106_zps56618b71.jpg

With one sheet on it.

105_zps0465df6b.jpg

With 2 sheets on it.

104_zps28861ec1.jpg

3 old but successive pics. Not pretty but it did help. Later on I cut it and moved it only to the front so the sps in back got more light. But it gives an idea anyway. Maybe there are other things you can use but this at least has holes for gas exchange.

No cover, just the top of the Evolve lid.

106_zps56618b71.jpg

With one sheet on it.

105_zps0465df6b.jpg

With 2 sheets on it.

104_zps28861ec1.jpg

Thanks! Where did you get this mythical substance?

Walmart, craft section. It looks darker than it actually was, I just wasn't as good at taking pics then. As the corals adjusted I inched it off.

Called "plastic canvas"? I must go on a quest for it, although I must admit I really would prefer a controller!

Yes, called plastic canvas. Less than $5 I think.

Hey Lani! Thanks for stopping by to the tank with many lives. Damn thing is like a box of cats.

Doing well, now, but just need to solve the light issue. May just need a bigger tank is all.

Also, the new 20G IM is starting to look pretty good. Need to get some pics up in that thread.

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

You can find it at a local Michaels arts and crafts store too, in the embroidery department. (guess where I work.)

Had a guy come in to work asking for the stuff and I asked 'what for?', he said a carbon reactor. I was like 'no shit, for a reef tank?' and I found a new reef friend. *true story*

Archived