Cultivated Reef

Lazarus Project - Godzilla's (Evanski) Fluval 2G

evanski

...and now the PAR30 light AND the gooseneck fried! I tested other good bulbs in the gooseneck and the PAR bulb in other lamps. Nada.

Sigh :huh:

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sk8n Reefer

...and now the PAR30 light AND the gooseneck fried! I tested other good bulbs in the gooseneck and the PAR bulb in other lamps. Nada.

Sigh :huh:

That sucks- is there a short?

That sucks- is there a short?

Musta been, no disvhargemarksand everything else on GFI strip is fine.

Have a call into nanobox...and can pick up new light at LFS if need be.

Sk8n Reefer

Musta been, no disvhargemarksand everything else on GFI strip is fine.

Have a call into nanobox...and can pick up new light at LFS if need be.

What do they have at your lfs?

Just pulled the trigger on a nanobox Eco...Dave gave me a deal on a slightly dinged unit in my time of need!

Just pulled the trigger on a nanobox Eco...Dave gave me a deal on a slightly dinged unit in my time of need!

All good things, all good things.

• 2 weeks later...

What stand is that for this tank? It looks really nice :).

Realize I never answered your question. It is a small end table from a local company called furniture in the raw. Think it is padauk or similar SE Asia hardwood. Stained it walnut and put 3 coats of urethane...thing is basically waterproof at this point. Laura made a runner out of a cool blue thick fabric and the ATO reservoir sits below on the lower shelf.

NanoBox Eco got in yesterday (thaaaanks Dave!) and it looks great. Nice spectrum and the zoanthids are very happy. Going to introduce some new rock and use a single pillar scape so i can pull whole thing out to dip/scrape/pluck any time without having to dose tank. If I can get some stability and growth going I will start adding more polyps soon.

Scape??? Ha!

Chucks of live rock on the floor of tank with recuperating polyps more like.

Gonna buy a monolith and decorate it!

I forgot you had a tank :P. Not really :flower:. You work too much!

Are you ordering or going to your LFS for the new live rock?

I forgot you had a tank :P. Not really :flower:. You work too much!

Are you ordering or going to your LFS for the new live rock?

Ha!

Going to LFS and pick out some of their well cured stuff...not in the mood for any surprises.

Headed out of town tow weeks straight...will likely be in June! Then I will need to restock <hint!>

Ha!

Going to LFS and pick out some of their well cured stuff...not in the mood for any surprises.

Headed out of town tow weeks straight...will likely be in June! Then I will need to restock <hint!>

May have to wait for the fall though with the temps climbing!!!!! Unless you wanted overnight shipping :). I am there for you though, either way :).

NO HURRY at all on my end. Going to rescap and see if I can get some RDEs to grow first!

Interesting observation today under my new NB light. Thought I had lost the oxides you gave me, a damn shames because they were one of my favorites. Also, ONE of them morphed into this really pretty powder blue color. They resurfaces today..two orange and two blues!

OK, as promised, here is an update...finally.

Two cycles after the move (one from removing sand, other from overdosing and killing snails), GHA, cyano,turf and bubble algae, and dinos (maybe), I think I have everything calmed down. Neglect, plain and simple.

I too EVERYTHING out, chipped of surviving polys from the rock, and threw everything else out, and did several 50% water changes during a 10 day blackout period. TONS of detritus came off of the rocks during this time, but in the end the tank was clean, algae free.

Bought some new rock and rescaped

Light died as I said above, so replaced it with a sweet NanoBox Eco from Dave who sent it out as emergency!

Here are the pics which include a few additions.

Full tank shot

IMG_0709%20-%20Version%205.jpg

$6 frag, 6-7 heads of what I think are Fire and Ice?

IMG_0711.jpg

Anothe $6 frag, any idea what these two are called? Again, 6-8 heads total

IMG_0712.jpg

Right side shot...GSP wall is on the mend

IMG_0713.jpg

RPEs...these things are fast growers and basically indestructible

IMG_0714.jpg

Pink and gold palys...not a great pic but they are still recovering. The flat mat to the right are Tubbs Blues. They are pretty bland right now but seem to be on the way back.

IMG_0715.jpg

My turbo and a major player in tank recover. This dude should have his own reality show

IMG_0716.jpg

Another poor picture. These have a really delicate share of powder blue around the rim and are pretty when healthy. Eye of Rah maybe?

IMG_0717.jpg

Top down

IMG_0718.jpg

Full rig showing sweet new Nanbox Eco. Nice crisp blue color.

IMG_0719.jpg

Also making an appearance is my Pom Pom crab. Even though they look surprisingly delicate, this little bugger made it through everything with both anemones intack!

IMG_0722.jpg

natalia_la_loca

Looks great, congratulations :) the bigger zoas on the $6 frag look like pandoras, keep an eye on them, they can be invasive (but they are pretty under actinics). The others on that frag look like watermelons.

OK, as promised, here is an update...finally.

Two cycles after the move (one from removing sand, other from overdosing and killing snails), GHA, cyano,turf and bubble algae, and dinos (maybe), I think I have everything calmed down. Neglect, plain and simple.

I too EVERYTHING out, chipped of surviving polys from the rock, and threw everything else out, and did several 50% water changes during a 10 day blackout period. TONS of detritus came off of the rocks during this time, but in the end the tank was clean, algae free.

Bought some new rock and rescaped

Light died as I said above, so replaced it with a sweet NanoBox Eco from Dave who sent it out as emergency!

Here are the pics which include a few additions.

Full tank shot

IMG_0709%20-%20Version%205.jpg

$6 frag, 6-7 heads of what I think are Fire and Ice?

IMG_0711.jpg

Anothe $6 frag, any idea what these two are called? Again, 6-8 heads total

IMG_0712.jpg

Right side shot...GSP wall is on the mend

Another poor picture. These have a really delicate share of powder blue around the rim and are pretty when healthy. Eye of Rah maybe?

IMG_0717.jpg

1. Fire & Ice type morph

2. Eagle eyes and Pink n Golds

3. Sour Apple morph?

Looks great, congratulations :) the bigger zoas on the $6 frag look like pandoras, keep an eye on them, they can be invasive (but they are pretty under actinics). The others on that frag look like watermelons.

Thanks for chiming in Natalia...I was hoping you would pop in. Love your tank!

Watermelons came to mind, but the inner blue disc is HUGe compared with the morphs I have seen before. I love Watermelons, and feel like I got my monies worth on a $6 frag.

I hope those are pandoras...might just let them carpet the glass bottom!

1. Fire & Ice type morph

2. Eagle eyes and Pink n Golds

3. Sour Apple morph?

Thanks buddy...they look different from my other pink and golds, but mine are still coming back and under a different light than I havd them under originally so we will see. I have no problem having two different clumps of the same polyps in my tank.

natalia_la_loca

You definitely got your money's worth on a $6 frag :) If they are pandoras they should carpet the bottom easily. Try target feeding them, mine readily accept food.

You definitely got your money's worth on a $6 frag :) If they are pandoras they should carpet the bottom easily. Try target feeding them, mine readily accept food.

Will do when I get my courage up. Think the sand bed I basically couldn't vacuum and then disturbed nuked my tank. I have dosed a few drops of Kent Coral Accel and will likely start back with target feeding of reef roids when I get back from travel next week.

My corals were growing very well with twice weekly feedings and quart water changes. Hope I can safely get back to a mor nutrient rich tank soon so I can get more color?

Suggestions for new polyps? I would like a little green in there as well!

Thanks for chiming in Natalia...I was hoping you would pop in. Love your tank!

Watermelons came to mind, but the inner blue disc is HUGe compared with the morphs I have seen before. I love Watermelons, and feel like I got my monies worth on a $6 frag.

I hope those are pandoras...might just let them carpet the glass bottom!

Thanks buddy...they look different from my other pink and golds, but mine are still coming back and under a different light than I havd them under originally so we will see. I have no problem having two different clumps of the same polyps in my tank.

There are tons of different Pink n Gold types polyps, just ask Darwin lol.

natalia_la_loca

Suggestions for new polyps? I would like a little green in there as well!

Emeralds on fire and Oompa loompas have beautiful shades of green. Wobbegong WOWs (OMG who comes up with these names) really pop too.

• 2 weeks later...

Dang man, you can't catch a break! I think the tank looks great now, though. Beautiful zoas :) I'm setting a pico up and it's going to pretty much be only zoas.

• 1 month later...

UGH>>>peroxide is the bane of my tank...never going near it again for this tank. Battling bubble algae and a little neglect...did a 10% OTC peroxide rinse after picking and changed Purigen and Chemipure Elite. Zoas are PISSED, monticap are white (not sure if dead). Interestingly, the $80 of acans and ricordia I put in from Austin Aqua Farms are loving it!

Yeah, man. I tried the peroxide route and I found that while it DOES help with some nuisance algae, it really pisses off corals, especially in small tanks. I tried a tiny amount in my 5g and stuff basically never recovered. The 10g seems to have been ok with the oxydator, but some of the corals never rebounded - some zoas and xenia. I've decided that I'll only ever use it as a direct target method out of the tank.

Archived