Innovative Marine Aquariums

Polarcollision's Nuvo 24: March FTS

Polarcollision

Polarcollision

That's some pretty impressive engineering :)

:-) Dwarf seahorses soon! very soon.

Beautiful tank !!! is the leopard wrasse a female?

It was. Veeeeeeerrrrrrrrryyyyyyy slowly changing to the teal male coloring

Love that leopard wrasse. Tank looks great!

Thanks! Yours is looking great too. I sold the giant torch and got a second nub of oregon tort and a hawkins echinata. looks a lot differenty in there now. I'd say pics soon, but... we're talking about me. lol

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
Polarcollision

hows the tank doing

Thanks for asking. :-) It's doing really well. The duncan grew too big for the back corner and the torch reached over to the other pillar, so I cut the duncan back to one branch, traded the rest for a new octospawn lps. Also got tired of trimming birdsnest and traded them for acros. Everything else pretty much looks the same, just bigger. Took pics last week... Gotta clear off the external drive to edit them though...

• Like 5
Polarcollision

TWO YEARS, TWO MONTHS OLD:

Xu9F1aZ.jpg

Left side

rRzJcvf.jpg

Middle

uSOAACU.jpg

Right Side

nilTF4W.jpg

NEW SPS

Forget this one's name (ID anyone?). From Cuttlefish and Coral in Portland. Edit: Pro Corals rainbow acro

sPJo3Yw.jpg

Another pricy rainbow from Cuttlefish and Coral. Can anyone ID? The tips are blue and violet if that helps

d7YTtAL.jpg

Sold as a Banana Lokani, from Cuttlefish and Coral. Needs to color up and heal from the long drive home.

58DTN79.jpg

Another pretty pink and yellow one for my montipora collection

lrvNV0N.jpg

Oregon Tort has tripled in size since this summer. Slow growing, but probably my favorite color in the entire tank. Love those little neon peach micro zoas too.

DZb9rwa.jpg

ORA hawkins echinata. A close second favorite sps.

vzLY62M.jpg

NEW FISH

Blue star leopard and the pink wrass.

QMLoobG.jpg

• Like 13
Polarcollision

Very pretty tank! I love all the green star polyps on the back!

Thank you. :-) They add a great sense of motion and a nice neon pop of color when the blues are on

Polarcollision

Wow! Great updates- love all the sps pieces and great new additions with the fish. Tanks looking awesome as usual

Thanks! I seem to be getting the hang of acros and thought I'd have a go with some of the pretty ones. Reeeeaaaaaally hoping that banana lokani colors up and grows into this. Doesn't it make you crave banana runts candy??

acropora-banana-lokani_large.jpg?v=13524

Those Leopard Wrasses are so beautiful.

Deborah <----- wrasse addict. :-) Resident leopard is suddenly being a bully. Hope it works out.

Great update and beautiful pictures! I love that Hawkins :)

Thank you! Hawkins is such a pretty coral, isn't it?! The teal/blue color glows so nicely under blues and it has a great growth pattern too.

Awesome, I wish I could get my tank to look half as nice. Beautiful colors!

I admit I'm not showing you my pink corals up close. They lost some color almost halt a year ago with a Mg spike and have yet to come back. And your tank looks waaaay better than mine right now, especially the way everything is growing in.

• Like 3
Polarcollision

love all the flowy gsp! and then there's everything else in the tank! Looks so rich in colors.

GSP is one of my favorites. I thought it would be fun to take a longer shutter speed this time and let it blur with the current. The power head is even placed along the back wall so that the GSP moves more. :-)

• Like 2

Tank is looking great! Love the new leopard wrasse also, definitely on my list of fish for the new tank. How deep is your sand bed if you don't mind me asking?

• Like 1
Polarcollision

Tank is looking great! Love the new leopard wrasse also, definitely on my list of fish for the new tank. How deep is your sand bed if you don't mind me asking?

Thank you! It's 'sugar' sand, anywhere from 1" to 3" depending on the watchman's mood

• Like 1
  • Polarcollision changed the title to Polarcollision's Nuvo 24: FTV & new Apex