Innovative Marine Aquariums

My Flower Box

gena

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't always be a good girl ;).

I get that a lot from the wife. I assume it is an inherent feature of double X chromosome poisoning, but that's just a guess based on genetics.

A Maiden's Voyage.

Like terrorism but in a reef tank

Oh...got it :).

I get that a lot from the wife. I assume it is an inherent feature of double X chromosome poisoning, but that's just a guess based on genetics.

:lol:

Definitely no longer need to squint to see the blue ochtodes. This really took off this past week. :wub:

ochtodes_zps54d92cd0.jpg

It was just a sliver when it HH'd in on a frag. LOVE this stuff!!!!!

Man, I missed this thread. Why is this not in your signature? :)

Beautiful little tank, per usual. I am hoping to turn my old 20 long into something this simple but I might need to downsize.

Man, I missed this thread. Why is this not in your signature? :)

Beautiful little tank, per usual. I am hoping to turn my old 20 long into something this simple but I might need to downsize.

Thanks, Mark. I guess I DO need to stick a link in my signature. :)

I was just in your thread. The tanks are looking great regardless of the struggles you've had lately. I'm looking forward to your 20L softie tank :).

hm, I'm getting hungry for Keebler elf cookies!

:lol: This makes me think of the scene in ELF where the elves are running from the tree factory because it's on fire. Remember that scene???? :lol:

wow, what a sweet pico tank!

I want it :P

Thanks, Newman. I wish you'd set another up :).

I'm so jealous of this tank gena. You have talent thats for sure. I love how natural all of your tanks look with all of the macro algae. I am still trying to find a tank for my new pico project.

Thanks, jg!!!! I can't wait to see what you decide on. A picotope wouldn't have necessarily been my first choice (would have gone with something a little bigger) but I had it on hand so that's what I used. I love the picotope, don't get me wrong. It's an excellent tank. But there are some pretty fancy picos to pick from nowadays :).

I do have an empty 10g tank laying around that I'm debating on setting up. I'm actually hoping I'll need to set it up for the overgrowth in this tank :).

Thanks, jg!!!! I can't wait to see what you decide on. A picotope wouldn't have necessarily been my first choice (would have gone with something a little bigger) but I had it on hand so that's what I used. I love the picotope, don't get me wrong. It's an excellent tank. But there are some pretty fancy picos to pick from nowadays :).

I do have an empty 10g tank laying around that I'm debating on setting up. I'm actually hoping I'll need to set it up for the overgrowth in this tank :).

Go ahead, set up that extra ten gallon aquarium. :D

have u seen the aquaclear50/70 mods for this pico? have u any thoughts on going this route ?

your tank looks nice! i hope mine will resemble this :-D you grow girl

oh i forgot to ask - i know this is a little off the subject - but how would u filter your 10gallon?

im thinking about getting one also because they are on sale for $10 @ petco right now :-0

Go ahead, set up that extra ten gallon aquarium. :D

I'm sure I will have to at some point :).

have u seen the aquaclear50/70 mods for this pico? have u any thoughts on going this route ?

your tank looks nice! i hope mine will resemble this :-D you grow girl

oh i forgot to ask - i know this is a little off the subject - but how would u filter your 10gallon?

im thinking about getting one also because they are on sale for $10 @ petco right now :-0

Thanks and welcome :happy:.

Yep, I'm familiar with it. I don't want to go that route though on the pico. I think most people use that to run a refugium in it and I don't need that since I'm growing the macros right in the tank. I know they work great though if you want to give it a shot.

The 10g I would just run an aquaclear HOB filter, powerhead, and live rock. I did that once before with my 10g macroalgae tank. The link to that tank is in my signature below :).

The tank is looking great Gena! I love all the nems nestled in with the macroalgae...you're giving me the bug to get another one again, lol.

Did it turn out the 'baby' really was a pest nem? You've got enough of them, and the luck, you should have little RFAs at some point ^_^

The tank is looking great Gena! I love all the nems nestled in with the macroalgae...you're giving me the bug to get another one again, lol.

Did it turn out the 'baby' really was a pest nem? You've got enough of them, and the luck, you should have little RFAs at some point ^_^

Thank you, Anna!!!! This tank is a real joy :).

I do believe it's a pest anemone. It shrinks into it's crevice when I touch it. Not sure how to eradicate it. I'm procrastinating about it :lol:.

I wish I could fit more rock flowers in there, but I think I'm tapped. I'm really happy with the variety I have now. Just wish I had a red and white one. Maybe I could squeeze ONE more in ;).

Thank you, Anna!!!! This tank is a real joy :).

I do believe it's a pest anemone. It shrinks into it's crevice when I touch it. Not sure how to eradicate it. I'm procrastinating about it :lol:.

I wish I could fit more rock flowers in there, but I think I'm tapped. I'm really happy with the variety I have now. Just wish I had a red and white one. Maybe I could squeeze ONE more in ;).

Syringe with lemon juice worked better than Ap-X ever did for me...or superglue him in the hole if you can.

:slap: - There's always room for "one more" :D

Syringe with lemon juice worked better than Ap-X ever did for me...or superglue him in the hole if you can.

:slap: - There's always room for "one more" :D

Happy New Year, D!!!! It's so tiny I might take some epoxy putty and entomb it in it's crevice. That'd be easier than superglue I think. Or maybe a combination of superglue and epoxy putty!!!!!

Yep...always room for one more :).

Happy New Year, D!!!! It's so tiny I might take some epoxy putty and entomb it in it's crevice. That'd be easier than superglue I think. Or maybe a combination of superglue and epoxy putty!!!!!

Yep...always room for one more :).

HAPPY NEW YEAR G!!!!

either way, kill it!

How's your Blue Oct doing?

Archived