SaltCritters.com

My Flower Box

gena

VIP Reef http://www.vipreef.com/

The colors will blow you away. But, be warned...they are small. Which can be nice. Great guy that owns the site. I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again.

I purposely stuck this thread in the pico forum so I would venture into other areas too. I'm guilty of spending most of my time in the Members Forum :blush:.

Glad you found me :).

I second that notion about not hesitating to buy anywhere else. I received 2 in the mail today and I will put them on my thread tomorrow!! When did your brother say he tried to get some?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So much for the super secret supply. : p

:P

Are you planning to order from them still?

Those anemones are insane! But so are the prices...ouch....and $59.99 shipping too. *sigh*. out of my price range.

They are outstanding anemones. But....small ;).

yeah....not sure why shipping is so high. Wait for a sale. He ran one last year during the holidays. I forget the exact percentage off, but it was a decent amount. If I notice he's running a sale, I'll let you know!

I second that notion about not hesitating to buy anywhere else. I received 2 in the mail today and I will put them on my thread tomorrow!! When did your brother say he tried to get some?

Yours are GORGEOUS!!!!! Can't wait for you to unveil them on NR :).

My brother? He never tried, as far as I know :unsure:.

PICO news.......I went to my LFS down the street. Put in a request for a Panda Goby omgomgomg. I soooo hope he can find one tomorrow. Or in the near future :).

Just one? =P

Well, yeah :lol:. I have a masked goby being delivered tomorrow from KPA. I figured 2 little gobies is probably my max in this tank.

awesome tank! all of the rock nems are awesome! especially with the porcelan crab. this is kinda the same thing i wanna do with my pico once its done cycling and things start to stabilize. and why did i have to see that website.. gahh! now im wanting to spend more money on those nems!

:P

Are you planning to order from them still?

They are outstanding anemones. But....small ;).

I was going to..............but every last one is now "sold out". Word must have gotten out!

:slap::P:flower:

Gena....do you have a photo of the blue scroll macro in your tank? I could not find it in the photos in this thread.

Thanks, Doug

Thanks so much for the heads up on Coral Compulsion and the white clamp on. I am going to order it and the full spectrum bulb for my new Nuvo 16 in white. Never knew I could get a white fixture. There is also a dimmable bulb but it doesn't have all the colors :furious:

Anyway, thanks a heap for the info. Love the idea of the pico. I currently have fresh water Aqueon 4 that I may turn into SW so I can further my obsession with shrimp and crabs. :wub:

awesome tank! all of the rock nems are awesome! especially with the porcelan crab. this is kinda the same thing i wanna do with my pico once its done cycling and things start to stabilize. and why did i have to see that website.. gahh! now im wanting to spend more money on those nems!

Awesome! Let me know when you are done cycling! Do you have a tank thread? That website is evil LOL. Warning you all again...they are small anemones ;). Like quarter sized and one of mine is nickel sized. They are little. I personally like the giant ones, but these will eventually grow.

I was going to..............but every last one is now "sold out". Word must have gotten out!

:slap::P:flower:

:P Liar! They still have plenty :lol:.

Gena....do you have a photo of the blue scroll macro in your tank? I could not find it in the photos in this thread.

Thanks, Doug

I don't think I do. But I'll take one for you now :).

ochtodes_zpscc6e0a52.jpg

You can see there isn't much, if any, blue. But I love the shape enough that I want to keep it. I think the lighting is too strong for it to show the blue.

Thanks so much for the heads up on Coral Compulsion and the white clamp on. I am going to order it and the full spectrum bulb for my new Nuvo 16 in white. Never knew I could get a white fixture. There is also a dimmable bulb but it doesn't have all the colors :furious:

Anyway, thanks a heap for the info. Love the idea of the pico. I currently have fresh water Aqueon 4 that I may turn into SW so I can further my obsession with shrimp and crabs. :wub:

No problem :).

This tank was formerly a FW planted. SW macro with crabs and shrimp is WAY better!!!! :happydance:

I'm acclimating shrimp as I type. New anemone is in the tank. It's not red, but it's a stunner regardless. It was advertised as orange/white but it looked a deeper orange to me. I'm not disappointed at all. But I STILL need to find a red and white beauty :). They threw in an additional smaller anemone that is also orange. A bright pretty orange too. Very nice freebie!!!!! Shrimp will be going in momentarily. The goby is already in. They gave me an additional goby as well, but it was DOA :(. Poor thing.

Here's the WYSIWYG orange/white.

kpanem_zps0f65ed87.jpg

Awesome! Let me know when you are done cycling! Do you have a tank thread? That website is evil LOL. Warning you all again...they are small anemones ;). Like quarter sized and one of mine is nickel sized. They are little. I personally like the giant ones, but these will eventually grow.[/url]

I do have a thread for both my tanks. Check out the links in my signature. The lil chi is done cycling. I just need to get a clean up crew in there and frag up a couple of test zoas and see how they do.

that's a really nice nem! Do you mind telling me the cost? I haven't seen many WYSIWYG nems on KPA in a while. Was this unlisted?

$55.

They had like 4 or 5 WYSIWYG listed during the holidays. But, they were closed. I waited until they opened up again to see what was still available. All still showed, so I bought this one. Later that day, I noticed they took them all down. Hopefully they'll have more available soon. I'm really happy with what they sent me. :)

Everybody is settled in. The masked goby is hanging at the back side of the tank. Both nems have not moved from where I placed them. The two shrimp seem good. One has explored a lot, the other has stayed by the zoas. The one that stayed by the zoas ate some pellets today.

These are spotted anemone shrimp. I always tried the pederson in the past, so wanted something new. These guys are very pretty. I'm hoping they do well for me since I actually have flower anemones for them, for the first time.

Pictures of the new shrimpies.....

011514no6_zpsd634e88b.jpg

I had some peeping toms today LOL

011514no5_zpsd56df1ee.jpg

011514no4_zps107ad60b.jpg

011514no3_zpsafd6ba2b.jpg

011514no2_zps2df2bbee.jpg

011514no1_zpsd0c93616.jpg

Thanks for the photo of the Blue Scroll Macro. Yes, that has such a cool shape. I'd like to add one to my tank.

I don't think I do. But I'll take one for you now :).
ochtodes_zpscc6e0a52.jpg

You can see there isn't much, if any, blue. But I love the shape enough that I want to keep it. I think the lighting is too strong for it to show the blue.
No problem :).

Love your new see-through shrimp and that orange nem IS pretty.

Thank you! The WYSIWYG anemone is fantastic! It opened so big and pretty today. I'm THRILLED with it :happydance:.

Gena, is it a Pederson or Spotted anemone shrimp in your tank?

Spotted. First time ordering the spotted. I usually go with the pederson. They are pretty similar, except for the spots LOL.

Vipreefs pics look like SC's lol

SC?

Oh, I was curious because mine doesn't seem to except any food I have to offer..... It dances around all the time and seems healthy enough. I'm afraid it will starve :wacko: . Does yours eat most meaty food?

Oh, I was curious because mine doesn't seem to except any food I have to offer..... It dances around all the time and seems healthy enough. I'm afraid it will starve :wacko: . Does yours eat most meaty food?

I've only seen one eat so far. Some tiny pellets. I've never had much luck with these shrimp. I'm hoping maybe by having the rock flower anemones, I might be more successful. Like, maybe they eat the flower poop. Not sure though. Haven't had a flower poop yet since I put the shrimp in the tank LOL.

Yours should eat pretty much anything you give it.

I fed mine the other day and some accepted, some let it fall to the way side and my fatty tummy 6line and tailspot took turns taking the food away. But I was told if they're hungry they'll eat, otherwise they may even take it and spit it back out.

Archived