inTank Media Baskets

My Flower Box

gena

Thanks, Wendy!!!!! It's very cool how they live in them. :)

Thanks, Anna!!!! I've never used the Kent PhytoPlex or ZooPlex so it was probably someone else that did the recommending. The only phyto I use is the Reef Nutrition brand.

He mostly just hangs out in the macro at the back of the tank :lol:. I hope he gets more bold soon.

Yep! :)

Tank #3 will be my anemone propagation tank.

Check it out........... my mangrove is blooming and the other is just about ready to unfurl it's leaves :happydance:

020114fts_zps12017f9f.jpg

That's so cool for a little tank like this for your mangrove to be doing so well. I guess I thought it needed more work. But I don't know anything about mangroves.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's so cool for a little tank like this for your mangrove to be doing so well. I guess I thought it needed more work. But I don't know anything about mangroves.

I don't know much either :lol:. I just stuck them in and let them do their thing. I mist them twice a day and that's it. You should get some for your fuge!!!!

I don't know much either :lol:. I just stuck them in and let them do their thing. I mist them twice a day and that's it. You should get some for your fuge!!!!

I think it would be hard for me because the only way I have light is when the lid is on. Roots have to be in the sand, right? It's such an enclosed space.

Yeah...they need the height. I'm going to even have to figure something out for my refugium on the cube. One of my mangroves is now touching the light. I'm thinking of picking up a coral compulsion bulb for macro and then using that fixture I bought from them as well.

I don't think they HAVE to have sand.

This lil' pico is really taking off! Gena, you must be so diligent with your water changes. Great reefing!

Cool, you're mangroves in both tanks are doing well. I have 4 of them in a vase of regular water for about 5 years now. They have grown very tall, but I haven't done anything with them except rotate them in the window sometimes & keep water in the vase. I sure wish I could get them to look like Giga's do!

Maybe just maybe I'll get them acclimated over to saltwater & put them in my 46's sump.!?.!? I'll keep an eye on yours & see what lights do well for you.

Since your cube is small I have a hard time envisioning the size of your flowers. The 2 in the vertical line look gigantic!!!

The one on the sand is about 3.5" and the other is about 3". :)

This lil' pico is really taking off! Gena, you must be so diligent with your water changes. Great reefing!

Cool, you're mangroves in both tanks are doing well. I have 4 of them in a vase of regular water for about 5 years now. They have grown very tall, but I haven't done anything with them except rotate them in the window sometimes & keep water in the vase. I sure wish I could get them to look like Giga's do!

Maybe just maybe I'll get them acclimated over to saltwater & put them in my 46's sump.!?.!? I'll keep an eye on yours & see what lights do well for you.

I do weekly water changes. I might get a couple of days delayed, but never miss one. I wouldn't feel safe without doing one a week. I think the macroalgae helps me a ton too. The blue ochtodes are going CRAZY with growth!!!!

Right now the light is a Coral Compulsion par30 for coral growth. The mangroves love it. I have a 50/50 T5 fixture over the fuge in my 45g tank's sump and the mangroves love that too.

Do you have a bunch of evaporation? How do you keep up with that?

Not at all. I top off by hand once a day and it's hardly a significant amount. I have a lid for this tank which helps tremendously :).

How's this for a lot of orange????? :D

http://s711.photobucket.com/user/genae1971/media/020314pico_zps2d4e737b.jpg.html'>020314pico_zps2d4e737b.jpg

Look who is getting more comfortable :).

020414no4_zpsc83b9376.jpg

He was out quite a bit. Almost everytime I looked :).

and a couple of randoms. You can only take so many pictures from so many angles in a tiny 3g tank LOL.

020414no2_zps56897626.jpg

020414no1_zps60e872ab.jpg

Wow, that one looks like it has more brighter stripes than my sister's clown goby! Looks like it's sleeping. No icon for Zzzzzzs.

Hey Gena, are any of the ochtode frags still unspoken for? I'd like some :)

Those frags I made didn't do well in the cube. I ended up moving them to the fuge. But, they are going nuts in the pico so I really will need to trim them soon. I'll send you what I cut when I do it. Just PM me your address. It won't be a huge amount, but mine started as a sliver, literally. It's crazy!!!!!
Those frags I made didn't do well in the cube. I ended up moving them to the fuge. But, they are going nuts in the pico so I really will need to trim them soon. I'll send you what I cut when I do it. Just PM me your address. It won't be a huge amount, but mine started as a sliver, literally. It's crazy!!!!!

Okay. Replying to your pm ;)

Mangroves in the pico? I can't wait to see how this turns out :)

That goby looks so happy :D

So did you come to Asheville that weekend by the way?

Mangroves in the pico? I can't wait to see how this turns out :)

That goby looks so happy :D

They are doing really well! That reminds me I need to spray their leaves :).

He does seem happy. He's doing really well too!

Don't recall why I have never stumbled onto this thread but this tank sure is beautiful Gena :wub: . Your so lucky to have two amazing tanks :D.

Thank you!!!!! No crab troubles in this one LOL.

This one is right by my computer. It's tiny and sweet :).

I pulled a couple of chunks of ochtodes out today and shipped them off to Anna. She's my guinea pig on seeing how they do in transit this time of year. They are in an insulated box with a heat pack, priority mail. If it is a success, then I will start selling this stuff probably weekly or biweekly.

You can't even tell I trimmed it in the photos :lol:. But I did ;).

FTS 2-10-14

021014no1_zpsa5f0d13b.jpg

021014no2_zps78f8d3a6.jpg

021014no3_zpsda2e6203.jpg

Hey Gena...see the tank is gawgeous as always.

Any additional thoughts about rock flower nem breeding?

Thanx :flower:.

Well....not much thought :lol:. I read they spawn in the spring and the fall so...shouldn't be too much longer and I get things moving if they do.

how are the anemone shrimps doing??

The one is GREAT! Seems healthy. The other one died that first night :(. Both fish are doing wonderfully. My little green clown goby doesn't come out much at all. In fact, if he sees me he darts away LOL. The masked goby is more brave and does come out occasionally. I'm totally ok with the shy fish though. I didn't really want fish in there anyways so it's like I don't even have them :lol:.

In the FTS you can see my vice zoas are mostly closed. The pods just won't leave them alone. So I removed them this evening and put them in the cube. Already they are opening up nicely in there. With those gone I was able to get a decent shot of one of my VIP reef anemones. It reminds me of a rainbow :wub:.

vipnem_zpsf44d29d0.jpg

Archived