Top Shelf Aquatics

My Flower Box

gena

Purdy flowers Gena!

mine flattened down =). that shrimp looks soo cool.

edit: nm, lights out and the nem looks like a tube of toothpaste now...

Mine does right now too :). Lights don't come on until 8:30am.

hey gena, sell me some macro. I need them to hasten my cycle :3

Check your mail :).

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did some trimming on this tank today. I had done some on Friday, but did a bit more today. Looks kinda funny now but it surely needed it LOL.

http://s711.photobucket.com/user/genae1971/media/021814no2_zps54c483e8.jpg.html'>021814no2_zps54c483e8.jpg

Trimmed it nicely around the gorgonian...the macro was crowding it for sure.

http://s711.photobucket.com/user/genae1971/media/021814no5_zps4289f779.jpg.html'>021814no5_zps4289f779.jpg

This rainbow nem just keeps getting brighter!

http://s711.photobucket.com/user/genae1971/media/021814no1_zps9f78f096.jpg.html'>021814no1_zps9f78f096.jpg

http://s711.photobucket.com/user/genae1971/media/021814no4_zps8d0e1646.jpg.html'>021814no4_zps8d0e1646.jpg

I rarely have reef dreams, but had another last night/this morning. I was back at college (pattern there) and I had a 7am class...ugh. It was a couple of weeks into the semester and I had not been to the class yet. Kept missing it for whatever reason. (btw...a recurring nightmare I would have in college, is that I was enrolled in a class that I forgot to attend and flunked it LOL), finally made it to the class and was ecstatic to learn that the course name was MACROALGAE!!!!! :lol: Imagine, a class all about macroalgae...a dream come true LOL. Then my alarm woke me up....talk about disappointed.

I have had a dream w/ a rock flower in it. I think I was tending to them. But otherwise, dreams about college are just that I can't find the room and miss the test, nobody's there, etc. Those dreams happen when I feel like I'm stressed, not feeling like I'm getting anywhere, going in circles, etc. Weird how it manifests itself as school and tests.

I have had a dream w/ a rock flower in it. I think I was tending to them. But otherwise, dreams about college are just that I can't find the room and miss the test, nobody's there, etc. Those dreams happen when I feel like I'm stressed, not feeling like I'm getting anywhere, going in circles, etc. Weird how it manifests itself as school and tests.

I've never had a dream about a rock flower :).

I have had a lot of college dreams lately though. Probably has a lot to do with my son getting older, headed to high school next year, and then college in 4 short years. yikes.

I'd love to learn more about macroalgae myself, gena! I'll see if there are any papers I can dig up here and get through the university so folks don't have to pay. I'll figure out a way to upload them. I have a few on cyano and corals.

Tank looks amazing! Well deserved hair cut. Such life in a 3 gallon tank!

Thank you! It always grows back :). I swear...it's already grown more overnight LOL.

The Rainbow Nem is gorgeous! :)

Thanks so much. Picked it up from vipreef. The colors on all the nems I got from them continue to brighten :).

I'd love to learn more about macroalgae myself, gena! I'll see if there are any papers I can dig up here and get through the university so folks don't have to pay. I'll figure out a way to upload them. I have a few on cyano and corals.

That was one of the best dreams I've had in a while LOL. The professor even had some macros growing in buckets in the classroom.

That would be awesome, tibbsy!

Love the pico! This is my next tank after I get the 29 stood up and working. I've held off on getting a nice pico out of guilt for needing to replace the 29 gallon first.

Hell, I may pick one up this weekend even. I want to do some sexy shrimp I think.

Love the pico! This is my next tank after I get the 29 stood up and working. I've held off on getting a nice pico out of guilt for needing to replace the 29 gallon first.

Hell, I may pick one up this weekend even. I want to do some sexy shrimp I think.

I want another pico as well. But I'm hoping to transfer these rock flowers to a bigger tank and then have this picotope to play with again :).

Just remember, sexy shrimp will irritate any zoas/palys to the point of not opening ;).

Mr. Microscope

Wow! Tank is looking stellar. If you transfer your rock nems to a bigger tank, what's your plan for the pico? Got any other biotopes in mind?

BTW, I think those cats should be a perminent fixture on the tank. LOL. They're hilarious!

Highly recommend having a bunch of butt wagglers in a little tank. It really helps showcase them nicely. :)

I want another pico as well. But I'm hoping to transfer these rock flowers to a bigger tank and then have this picotope to play with again :).

Just remember, sexy shrimp will irritate any zoas/palys to the point of not opening ;).

My sexies managed to annoy one of my rock flowers as well! My large orange fringe decide to walk around the tank the day after I added the sexies. Fortunately for him, the sexies have settled on the large white zebra for the most part.

I was just telling my husband last night that I want another tank... and this is only a month after starting my rock nem tank. I figure I need another tank for Z&Ps, one for Euphyllia/Ricordia, then a big one for SPS...

Wow! Tank is looking stellar. If you transfer your rock nems to a bigger tank, what's your plan for the pico? Got any other biotopes in mind?

BTW, I think those cats should be a perminent fixture on the tank. LOL. They're hilarious!

Thank, Mr. M!!!!

Not sure on the pico. Maybe I'll do a mix, el fab style. Or maybe I'll focus on pink yumas. I haven't given it a lot of thought yet. :)

My sexies managed to annoy one of my rock flowers as well! My large orange fringe decide to walk around the tank the day after I added the sexies. Fortunately for him, the sexies have settled on the large white zebra for the most part.

I was just telling my husband last night that I want another tank... and this is only a month after starting my rock nem tank. I figure I need another tank for Z&Ps, one for Euphyllia/Ricordia, then a big one for SPS...

Wow..they can even annoy rock flowers, huh???

If it wasn't so costly to set up a tank, even a pico, I'd probably have 5 or 10 :lol:.

Oh my! If I had more space, I'd be all over that :).

I realize one of my VIPREEF nems looks similar to my favorite of that bunch. Mine's just smaller. Once it grows more it should color up to those.

http://s711.photobucket.com/user/genae1971/media/vipreefnem2_zps3d3eed8c.jpg.html'>vipreefnem2_zps3d3eed8c.jpg

Just wanted to let you know that this thread has encouraged me to buy a few rock nems and set up a tank against the wishes of my better half! So if I get thrown out, I need a place to stay!!!

That's genius! Too bad she won't believe it.... it's like homer buying a bowling ball for Marge. Lol

DOH! they truly are beautiful and easy to maintain.

Just wanted to let you know that this thread has encouraged me to buy a few rock nems and set up a tank against the wishes of my better half! So if I get thrown out, I need a place to stay!!!

Are you in SoCal? :lol: Once she sees them she'll understand :).

You better start a tank thread for us!!!!

Beautiful tank, you've inspired me. I am moving nearly all my stock to my 30 gallon so my 8 gallon will hopefully have a similar theme. Loving those rock nems.

Also, I see youre a fellow so cal resident. Im from Corona but work in Pasadena, there's an awesome shop called the sps coral store in La Canada, have you checked it out?

Archived