Coral Vue Hydros

My Flower Box

gena

Thanks, T! You can certainly use a rubber band to attach them to some rubble. I usually just stick them down into a crevice or hole and they eventually attach on their own. It doesn't take long at all for some varieties to attach.

I love the macro and coral look together, it helps fill in some of the void :D I don't want to put too much in there, but some would be nice. I'm going to see if anyone locally has some. I like the live-plants onine, but I'd have to pay a pretty penny for WAY more than I need.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the macro and coral look together, it helps fill in some of the void :D I don't want to put too much in there, but some would be nice. I'm going to see if anyone locally has some. I like the live-plants onine, but I'd have to pay a pretty penny for WAY more than I need.

If plants shipped well for me, I'd send you some. I don't have much luck with them though.

I worked on my pico tank a little today. I decided to remove the big finger gorgonian. It was shading a lot of things and growing a lot...it was just way too big for the pico. It's now living in my big tank's fuge.

Now it looks a bit bare in here...oh well LOL.

3-6-14

3-6-14no1_zps431523ef.jpg

Zippy

IMG_7198_zpsddfeaec6.jpg

3-6-14no2_zpsf3a2fde7.jpg

3-6-14no3_zpsf862e372.jpg

I've been struggling to keep the alkalinity up in this tank. It keeps wanting to drop down to the 6.6 dkh range. Reminds me I need to test it again tonight. Did a water change on it today when I was messing around in there. I'm planning to do another tomorrow, which is my regularly scheduled maintenance day anyways.

I love the new look - you really can see more without that gorg. I loved that thing, but I think this looks WAY better.

Hahaha - zippy looks awesome perched on the mag cleaner!

As for sending me stuff - no worries :) I do appreciate the thought. I'm going to see what I can get worked out around here.

Random: how difficult is the RKL to use? MD has a good deal on them right now, and I'm thinking that I may get one if I update my set up eventually.

I think it's way better too. Thanks Tibbs!!!!! I will send you some corals if you want, at some point.

RKL is super easy to use. Even for the electonically challenged like me :D.

I think it's way better too. Thanks Tibbs!!!!! I will send you some corals if you want, at some point.

RKL is super easy to use. Even for the electonically challenged like me :D.

Good to know! I eventually want a controller, but 550 for an apex just seems crazy.

Good to know! I eventually want a controller, but 550 for an apex just seems crazy.

RKL is a great controller for the price. What are they going for on MD?

RKL is a great controller for the price. What are they going for on MD?

MD has an exclusve one for 200ish. I'm not sure how this fares to what normally comes with the RKL. But it comes with temp probe, pH probe, SLI unit, 4 outlet power unit, etc.

http://www.marinedepot.com/MarineDepot.com_Exclusive_ReefKeeper_Lite_+_SL1_Expansion_Unit_w_FREE_pH_Probe_Multi_Item_Monitors_Controllers_for_Saltwater_Aquariums-Digital_Aquatics-DA11311-FITEMOMI-vi.html

MD has an exclusve one for 200ish. I'm not sure how this fares to what normally comes with the RKL. But it comes with temp probe, pH probe, SLI unit, 4 outlet power unit, etc.

http://www.marinedepot.com/MarineDepot.com_Exclusive_ReefKeeper_Lite_+_SL1_Expansion_Unit_w_FREE_pH_Probe_Multi_Item_Monitors_Controllers_for_Saltwater_Aquariums-Digital_Aquatics-DA11311-FITEMOMI-vi.html

Sounds like the extra is the pH probe. I have the very basic model. I remember when they were $99.99. Not a whole lot more now, but still :D.

Pardon my language Madame, but this tank is sexy as hell. I didn't even know it existed.

Thanks, Psy!!!! I think I started it after you left for training :).

Cool new pics G! Like the crab and shrimp....how do you like the shrimp?

Thanks! The shrimp is cool. Kinda boring, but very interesting looking. He doesn't do a whole lot. Just hops from one nem to the other. I like his white spots and blue coloring. Get one ;).

3-6-14no3_zpsf862e372.jpg

I

Is it just me, or is that just a Darth Vader/Sith Lord looking crab?

Awesomesauce looking tank as usual!

Is it just me, or is that just a Darth Vader/Sith Lord looking crab?

Awesomesauce looking tank as usual!

I think it's just you LOL :flower:

Thanks, E :).

It does look a lot more open in there now! It was super full before. I do love that gorg though, so I'm sad to see it go. Is there a reason you took it out of your main tank? Also, I just love that porcelain crab. I'll have to get one once my tank is back up and running again.

It does look a lot more open in there now! It was super full before. I do love that gorg though, so I'm sad to see it go. Is there a reason you took it out of your main tank? Also, I just love that porcelain crab. I'll have to get one once my tank is back up and running again.

I need to find it a new home. I don't think it's going to do well in my fuge, it keeps tipping over. I removed it from the main tank because I didn't have a place for it that I liked.

Maybe I'll take it to the LFS tomorrow for some credit.

How's your rock doing? Notice any new HH?

I need to find it a new home. I don't think it's going to do well in my fuge, it keeps tipping over. I removed it from the main tank because I didn't have a place for it that I liked.

Maybe I'll take it to the LFS tomorrow for some credit.

How's your rock doing? Notice any new HH?

Awww, that's too bad you don't have a good spot for it. I love the new one like that I got for the seahorse tank. So much texture! I understand not having a good spot for it though. I've got things I'm going to need to get rid of when I get the tank all set back up.

The rock is good, although I don't have a light fixture that is working to run over the rock right now, so I'm a bit worried the corraline and stuff is going to start dying off on me without light. Also without a light, I can't really see much, so I haven't really noticed any hitchhikers. I have a small LED fixture that was on my 10 gallon frag tank that I want to put on the tank, but one of my solders broke, so I need to go pick up a soldering iron from the tool lending library tomorrow to fix that. Then there should be light to help me scape and keep the coralline algae alive.

I wonder how long the rock can go without light before you start losing the coralline? I know the coralline in my tank seems to grow more in the lower light areas. I bet ambient lighting will be enough in the meantime to keep it going...hopefully :).

DarthCrabby.jpg

Darth Crabby

LOL.

I still don't see it :P. But that's pretty cool regardless :D.

I wonder how long the rock can go without light before you start losing the coralline? I know the coralline in my tank seems to grow more in the lower light areas. I bet ambient lighting will be enough in the meantime to keep it going...hopefully :).

That's what I'm thinking but I'm not positive if it can go the 4 week cycle with no light. I posted this question on my thread, but no one has chimed in. I'm just hoping the rock keeps its color. I tried setting up the PC fixture that was originally on the seahorse tank, but apparently one of the cooling fans has stopped working, so it turns on for about 5 minutes and then kicks off because its overheating. I love that I have multiple spare fixtures and none of them are working right now. Neither one has a major issue, but I just haven't had time to try to fix them.

I'm seriously considering an upgrade on this pico :rolleyes: . It wouldn't be so I can add more stuff! But rather, so what I have has room to stretch. I have two flowers on the move right now because they are getting shaded by macroalgae.

If I do this upgrade, it would be to an approximately 8g tank. The dimensions would be 15x14x9 custom made. Would that still be considered a pico??? Maybe that would be more of a nano. I wouldn't add anymore rock, but I would need new sand. It would be strictly a transfer. I think I'll go to my LFS today to get pricing. It would be made by the same company that made my cube.

Archived