Pod Your Reef

My Flower Box

gena

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You got it! That tank looks great, G! Love the looks of it.

Thank you :D.

My new rock flower arrived :wub:. iPhone pics for now....sorry :).

greenflowerfromlawn_zpsed87d2b1.jpeg

picoflower4-15-14_zps13fb3244.jpeg

Actually, Lawnman bought it for me :). Glenn posted a photo of some rock anemone's in Lawn's thread and I mentioned I really liked this green one and a pink one. When Glenn launched his coral website (coralgardensaquaculture.com) he gave Lawn an extra early window to shop and he bought that flower for me so someone else wouldn't snatch it up. So very thoughtful, huh????? :happy:.
It wasn't to early Natalia checked out 2-3 minutes after me :).

:wub:

It wasn't to early Natalia checked out 2-3 minutes after me :).

:wub:

Maybe she was fast and you were slow :). Anyways...I LOVE my new rock flower, thank you!!!!!!!!

I'm glad to see the transfer went well. Everything looks great. That was super sweet of Lawn :)

So far so good!!!!! I have some new pictures to post from the good camera. Coming right up...just have to get them on Photobucket :D.

Beautiful as always, Gena. I'm noticing a trend with your tanks. You really love pink and green :)

Thanks :happy:. I think you are right. Purple too :D. I definitely favor green though...in everyday life too :).

I think I'll ask to have this thread moved to the members forum since it's not a pico anymore :(.

Thanks :happy:. I think you are right. Purple too :D. I definitely favor green though...in everyday life too :).

I think I'll ask to have this thread moved to the members forum since it's not a pico anymore :(.

I like your color scheme in your tanks. I think the pink/purple/green combo always looks so nice. I'm always too all over the place with my coral colors. :D

Well, thank you!!!! I like a lot of color in a tank too though :).

I think I'm going to pick up another rio 50 pump. I could use more flow. The k-nano I have is too much and the one rio50 I have is not enough. Still trying to work through the kinks with the new setup. I also need to figure something out for ATO if I'm out of town. For now, topping off by hand will work fine.

I love the splash of yellow/green on the left in the candy canes tying in the yellow in the rock flower. Nice touch!

I love the splash of yellow/green on the left in the candy canes tying in the yellow in the rock flower. Nice touch!

I didn't even plan that either :). That RFA is the brightest one I have.

wow looks even better today. everything looks like it is liking the extra room

Thanks, JR!!!! :)

The tank looks so great... especially considering it is only a day old! Everything looks so happy!

Thank you!!!! So far everything is happy, except for the pink yuma I moved in there this morning. It's too bright in it's current position. The lights are out now so I will move it tomorrow to a lower light area. At the end of the light cycle I noticed it was shrunk up...not good.

the anemone shrimps are looking gooooood

Thank you my friend!!!!! They are fun critters to have :).

Gena, how do you acclimate your rock flower nems? Do you just temperature acclimate them? Or do you drip acclimate them?

Gena, how do you acclimate your rock flower nems? Do you just temperature acclimate them? Or do you drip acclimate them?

Just temp acclimate. The one from yesterday I let sit out for about 30 seconds and then put it in. Apparently this lets them purge the water in their system. VIP suggests this before putting them in the tank. I'm not sure it even makes a difference. I highly doubt it.

Just temp acclimate. The one from yesterday I let sit out for about 30 seconds and then put it in. Apparently this lets them purge the water in their system. VIP suggests this before putting them in the tank. I'm not sure it even makes a difference. I highly doubt it.

Ok good to know! I asked Miya too and you both do the same thing, so that's what I'll do. I definitely didn't want to have to deal with drip acclimating them.

Ok good to know! I asked Miya too and you both do the same thing, so that's what I'll do. I definitely didn't want to have to deal with drip acclimating them.

Drip acclimating is a pain :lol:. I don't drip anything but fish and inverts like shrimp, crabs, and snails.

Same here, but I wasn't sure if anemones fell in the "invert" category since they're not corals. With corals I just float their bag for 20 min and then put them in the tank. Fish I do the empty a bit of water, add tank water to their bag, wait 15 min, repeat a few times method. Inverts actually get drip acclimated even though its a giant pain.

Same here, but I wasn't sure if anemones fell in the "invert" category since they're not corals. With corals I just float their bag for 20 min and then put them in the tank. Fish I do the empty a bit of water, add tank water to their bag, wait 15 min, repeat a few times method. Inverts actually get drip acclimated even though its a giant pain.

I think they are more like mushrooms as far as hardiness. Haven't lost one yet to acclimation :).

Good to know!

Mine got delayed but hopefully they will be here soon because I'm home from work to wait on them. They were supposed to be here by 10:30 am, but apparently VIP Reef didn't include my apartment number on the address, so FedEx had to call them and so they skipped me on their original route while they were dealing with that. Now they're saying it will be here by 5 at the latest. Ugh! I double checked my order on my VIP Reef account and my apartment number is there, so I guess it just got left off on the box when they shipped.

Archived