Pod Your Reef

My Flower Box

gena

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching!

:happydance:

Good luck with the transfer. Luckily its a small tank so hopefully it won't be too much work!

Thanks! I'm excited and also dreading it LOL. Mostly just getting the live things all transferred safely.

Looking forward to viewing this transfer!

:)

The screen top is made :happydance:.

Thread name change! I'm in the process of transferring things, but stopped for lunch. Updates with photos (hopefully) to come :happydance:.

Thread name change! I'm in the process of transferring things, but stopped for lunch. Updates with photos (hopefully) to come :happydance:.

I like it!! It's going to be so awesome.

A 3g pico shouldn't be so much work to transfer LOL. Sheesh. Everything made it safely. Now to survive any sort of cycle. Hopefully there won't be any fingerscrossed.

Went really well actually. Everybody made the move. I was worried the porcelain crab didn't make it because I couldn't find him anywhere. I thought I might have crushed him under a rock. But thank heavens, he's fine and out fanning/filtering the water right now :).

Here's the new tank. Still cloudy but slowly clearing. I removed a bunch of macroalgae. Mostly the ochtodes. There are still sprigs on the rocks that will most certainly grow back. Got rid of the halimeda and the caulerpa and the mangroves. The mangroves had a crazy root system going...huge!!!!!

Anyways....pictures.

IMG_7383_zps1f94c289.jpg

IMG_7385_zpse8529c31.jpg

I couldn't get too crazy with the scape. I think it turned out ok. Not exciting, but I'm more about the rock flowers than a fancy scape with this tank :).

I'm hoping then they'll stretch a few tentacles and say, OH, hey, wait a minute......and then stretch out some more, spawn til it's foggy in there and make some flower buds!

I'm hoping then they'll stretch a few tentacles and say, OH, hey, wait a minute......and then stretch out some more, spawn til it's foggy in there and make some flower buds!

:D. Hopefully I'll find some babies!!!!!

I'm thinking I need to get the optics or whatever for the PAR30 bulb. Have to look into that anyways.

I had to lift my par 38 up to not bleach the sps and still change out for the 120s on that one. That size looks so much more comfortable on your desk!

I like the earthquake bar, very smart.

LOL...yeah. I don't know if it will actually help, but it helps me feel better knowing I at least tried :).

what a beautiful tank gena. what a great upgrade :)

Thanks, JR!!!! :D I'm really glad I did this. It needed it soooo badly.

The Flower Box :wub:

:flower:

You came into my flower thread :happydance:

Thanks, JR!!!! :D I'm really glad I did this. It needed it soooo badly.

:flower:

You came into my flower thread :happydance:

Makes sense, he's a lawn and garden man!!!

Lights have been out for about an hour but here's a photo anyways. You can see the scape more clearly in this one.

desktop_zps748e74e3.jpeg

They look so spread out already. I think it looks great even w/ lights out. Can't wait to see what it looks like tomorrow!!! I bet they will flourish.

Makes sense, he's a lawn and garden man!!!

They look so spread out already. I think it looks great even w/ lights out. Can't wait to see what it looks like tomorrow!!! I bet they will flourish.

They definitely have room to walk now :).

The scape looks great! I am following along :).

:happy:

I'm going to place the new green rock flower on the right side, where I'll have the best view of it. I've been wanting one just like that but could only find huge ones. I don't think this one is very big, but even if it is I have the space now :).

Did ya order a new flower?

Actually, Lawnman bought it for me :). Glenn posted a photo of some rock anemone's in Lawn's thread and I mentioned I really liked this green one and a pink one. When Glenn launched his coral website (coralgardensaquaculture.com) he gave Lawn an extra early window to shop and he bought that flower for me so someone else wouldn't snatch it up. So very thoughtful, huh????? :happy:.

Archived