Cultivated Reef

My Flower Box

gena

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that rainbow nem is gorgeous!

It really is. I like that I can actually see it now :).

That tank is bursting with life - I'm not sure you'll even be able to get water in it soon.

LOL...you are right! As long as I give it haircuts now and then, it should be fine :).

Lights are out and the GCG is out and about. I'm just happy he comes out at all. His colors are so pretty...even with lights out.

Well....not much thought :lol:. I read they spawn in the spring and the fall so...shouldn't be too much longer and I get things moving if they do.

I remember from the different articles that the keep them is rather high density, and fed heavily. I think the ones that spawned were upwards of 4".

<Dooo eeeet!>

I remember from the different articles that the keep them is rather high density, and fed heavily. I think the ones that spawned were upwards of 4".

<Dooo eeeet!>

My biggest is 3.5". Next is about 3" :). I need a bigger tank ;).

Took a few more pictures today. Somewhat decent shots of the shrimpy and a few others....

021114no7_zps5d41dc27.jpg

021114no6_zpsf22608da.jpg

021114no5_zps55961abe.jpg

021114no4_zpse705b666.jpg

021114no3_zps619a93cc.jpg

021114no2_zps0f103bed.jpg

021114no1_zps6014c33c.jpg

My biggest is 3.5". Next is about 3" :). I need a bigger tank ;).

I LOVE the nem shrimps...want one in my tank if I can find one.

I think you simply do not feed them enough <ducks>. :unsure:

Honestly, I think a 10G with a Par30 lamp, AC70 w/In Tank media basket, and about $1K of nems (~20 with bulk discount) and a pound of cooked shrimp ought to do it! :lol:

I LOVE the nem shrimps...want one in my tank if I can find one.

I think you simply do not feed them enough <ducks>. :unsure:

Honestly, I think a 10G with a Par30 lamp, AC70 w/In Tank media basket, and about $1K of nems (~20 with bulk discount) and a pound of cooked shrimp ought to do it! :lol:

I was thinking I feed them too much LOL. I've been loading the tank with cyclopeeze for the GCG. He loves the stuff. I know I'm overfeeding because I've been getting some cyano on the sand LOL. I just clean it out when it pops up.

that shrimp is beyond cool. does it usually stay on the same nem? or does it move around alot?

He alternates between the 4 anemones that are on that top rock. He hasn't ventured down to the sand level yet.

Gena - how do you have the rio50 in the tank? The only one I can find just looks like a return pump... how do you get it to not just push water up to the surface?

Edit: Do you have this http://www.amazon.com/Rio-Internal-Power-Filter-Aquarium/dp/B008BFCH20/ref=sr_1_2?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1392321823&sr=1-2&keywords=rio+50 ?

It's held to the glass with suction cups. Similar to that filter, but only the top part with the suction cups. That's a whole filter, I just have a pump. I bought it from Marine Depot.

http://www.marinedepot.com/Taam_Rio_%28Rio+%29_Powerhead_Pump_Fixed_Flow_Aquarium_Powerheads-TAAM_Via_Aqua-TA3111-FIPHFF-vi.html

It comes with attachments. You can control the flow rate on it which is very nice.

Look who was out quite a bit today :)

021314pico1_zpsf47444f9.jpg

021314pico2_zps1b6df713.jpg

021314pico3_zpsa6bca94b.jpg

021314pico4_zpsf21f709f.jpg

yeah. should - mine can close up into a balloon shape and then flatten out. One of them does it several times a day- the white one that I got from Saltcritters.

balloon_zps79e31a44.jpg

balloonseymour_zpsbc15da05.jpg

need some expert advice on rock anemones....

i just got a green one today and the leg is attached to a rock but it's very puffy and long. Will it "flatten" out when it settles down??

My pink zebra does that a lot. At least it sounds like what mine does. Take a picture if you ca,n and I'll let you know. I'm sure it's perfectly fine :).

Yay, pictures. I bought this because the ebay listing said only 1.6" diameter. This thing is much bigger. A rough measurement is almost 3" diameter. I want a small one! hahah. I have to put it in a corner because it already tried to murder my 40 polyps zoa colony.

Long puffy leg. Reminds me of a toadstool.

12513166834_3db65ed766.jpg

Is it bad the mouth is like that??

12512697495_a4541fbcc7.jpg

yeah. should - mine can close up into a balloon shape and then flatten out. One of them does it several times a day- the white one that I got from Saltcritters.

balloon_zps79e31a44.jpg

I just turned off the light and it looks like that now. Thanks for the picture! My red one did not do any of these shenanigans. It came flat, laid flat, and remained flat.

I just turned off the light and it looks like that now. Thanks for the picture! My red one did not do any of these shenanigans. It came flat, laid flat, and remained flat.

These zebra white ones seems to do it alot. Of all 12, only 2 of mine do this. And the white one certainly does it when the light is flipped off. The other that started it is the one next to it - the burgandy w/ the N.

It's doing exactly what mine do. The big ones are more animated too :). It's a pretty one!!!!!

The mouth gaping like that isn't anything to worry about. It's just acclimating. I have a big green one that has it's lips out all the time. It never has a normal looking mouth LOL.

This is what the pink zebra is doing right now :).

morningnem_zps46417d2b.jpg

Archived