Cultivated Reef

My Flower Box

gena

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have seen that one. It's pretty, but I like yours a lot better. Plus that price OMG. I don't want to spend that much. I'll keep looking :).

I'll keep an eye on saltcritters website too. If you come across another that's cheaper, let me know. PM me so no one snipes it ;).

I figured you had already seen that one. I completely agree about the price. I'm pretty sure I ended up getting mine from saltcritters for 30% off. I think I ended up paying no more than $40 for it, which was a total steal. Naturally, that left room for me to splurge on a handful of other coral. :haha: I'll definitely keep an eye out for you, though! fingerscrossed

So far I've ordered from the following:

KP Aquatics wwww.sealifeinc.net

Reef Gardener www.reefgardener.net

VIP Reef www.vipreef.com

Aquascapers.com

These places all have great anemones. VIP's are very small, but very pretty.

Thanks, Gram :flower:.

I have 9, I believe. I'm still on the hunt for a look-a-like to Gramophone's red one. It's fabulous :).

Took some photos today :happydance:

January 2014 FTS

010214no2_zps5f1d66e0.jpg

ochtodes

010214no1_zpse45b2371.jpg

Pink Zebra from Aquascapers

010214no3_zps8ac43f21.jpg

010214no4_zps646a6552.jpg

010214no5_zps8cd7b85d.jpg

010214no6_zps2558f831.jpg

010214no7_zps5c5ece4a.jpg

I think I'm going to get a fish for sure. I'm thinking a damsel. But which one???? It needs to eat the pesky pods that are reproducing rampantly in this tank LOL.

This tank makes me miss my picotope so much :(

I'm dig'n it!

Thanks, TJ! :)

I figured you had already seen that one. I completely agree about the price. I'm pretty sure I ended up getting mine from saltcritters for 30% off. I think I ended up paying no more than $40 for it, which was a total steal. Naturally, that left room for me to splurge on a handful of other coral. :haha: I'll definitely keep an eye out for you, though! fingerscrossed

Yeah, she's had that one for sale for a while now. I think the price is a turn-off to potential buyers. I'm sure it's wonderful in person though.

Thanks for looking for me :).

This tank makes me miss my picotope so much :(

It's a cool tank. Maybe you should start it back up ;).

they look bigger, must be growing!!

I think so too. I don't really directly feed them. I just do my phyto and oyster feast dosing a few times a week and throw some pellets in there for the pods (so they leave my zoas alone), and the nass snails. The anemones grab the pellets and eat them too. This tank is sooooo easy. I love it. :)

Got my new HOB filter in the mail today for it. It has a surface skimmer built in. Unfortunately it sits too low in the tank to surface skim. I could reduce the water level but then my gorgonian won't be fully covered, so that's not gonna happen. Oh well, it's still a nice HOB. Quiet and bigger than the other for more water volume. It's an API SUPERCLEAN power filter 5-20g.

Hey G, decide on a fish yet?

Went by Vivid today while at the doctor.....no Koles. They said to try Tues and Thurs for best selection.

Hey G, decide on a fish yet?

Went by Vivid today while at the doctor.....no Koles. They said to try Tues and Thurs for best selection.

I just know for sure it will be a damsel. Probably the blue devil or the one ninja recommended (eats flatworms, etc), I can't remember the name. Both of these fish max at 2".

Guess I didn't make it to Vivid during the break. Back to the grind tomorrow :(. Hopefully this week my LFS down the street will find me my fish. I'll have to put in the request for the damsel too!!!!!

I just know for sure it will be a damsel. Probably the blue devil or the one ninja recommended (eats flatworms, etc), I can't remember the name. Both of these fish max at 2".Guess I didn't make it to Vivid during the break. Back to the grind tomorrow :(. Hopefully this week my LFS down the street will find me my fish. I'll have to put in the request for the damsel too!!!!!

Where do you go?

Where do you go?

Scales 'n Tails.

Awesome! Get a small goby, blenny, or some other smaller fish.

It has to eat pods so no blennies. If I did a goby, I'd get the masked gobies. They do eat pods. It's an option as well. Actually, it's a pretty good option. Hmmmmmmm......
Scales 'n Tails. It has to eat pods so no blennies. If I did a goby, I'd get the masked gobies. They do eat pods. It's an option as well. Actually, it's a pretty good option. Hmmmmmmm......

Hmm, I'll have to look them up.

airman_verde04

Hey Gena :wub:

I really love this tank!

Its grown in so fast.

I use to want a picotope so bad!! I'm glad I found a good enough alternative.

First time I ever saw one was a one of the LFS in Charleston and they had one super tiny clown in it. I just hope the rotated the clown out after a while or sold it. That would be a sad life for a clown in a 3g.

Hmm, I'll have to look them up.

They don't have much as far as livestock. Pretty much anything you're looking for would need to be ordered. He has some decent prices on salt and supplies though.

Hey Gena :wub:

I really love this tank!

Its grown in so fast.

I use to want a picotope so bad!! I'm glad I found a good enough alternative.

First time I ever saw one was a one of the LFS in Charleston and they had one super tiny clown in it. I just hope the rotated the clown out after a while or sold it. That would be a sad life for a clown in a 3g.

Hey airman :wub:.

The picotope is a sturdy little tank. I'm really happy with it. I hope they sold the clown too! I've definitely decided on 2 masked gobies for this tank. I'll order them from KPA when I get the anemone shrimp from them.

You can't keep a clown in a 3g?

I personally would never do it.

I'd reconsider the Blue Devil Damsel...

Too late ;).

Gena, the tank still looks incredible! I can't wait to see the gobies in it :)

Thanks, T!!!!!

I made my order with KPA today. I mostly did it today because they had a reddish rock flower in their WYSIWYG section. I bought one of those and 2 spotted anemone shrimp. Plus I decided to just get one masked goby. I was perusing El Fab's picotope thread this morning and saw he had a Yasha goby/shrimp pair in his 3g., which got me thinking. I've always wanted that combo. If I just have one masked goby for now, the option is there to add the goby/shrimp pair down the line :happydance:.

I also went to my LFS today and asked him if he could also find me a white anemone porcelain crab. So maybe I'll get a few things this week. :)

I personally would never do it. Too late ;). Thanks, T!!!!!I made my order with KPA today. I mostly did it today because they had a reddish rock flower in their WYSIWYG section. I bought one of those and 2 spotted anemone shrimp. Plus I decided to just get one masked goby. I was perusing El Fab's picotope thread this morning and saw he had a Yasha goby/shrimp pair in his 3g., which got me thinking. I've always wanted that combo. If I just have one masked goby for now, the option is there to add the goby/shrimp pair down the line :happydance:.I also went to my LFS today and asked him if he could also find me a white anemone porcelain crab. So maybe I'll get a few things this week. :)

Too late? Let's see it G!

Too late? Let's see it G!

I don't have it yet. I just committed myself to a masked goby is all ;). Hopefully I'll have new pictures at the end of the week.
wow.such.chris

I see you're an awfully busy reefer lady and very dedicated to your threads, many of which are retired. Thank you for that, I can't begin to tell you how much I've learned from people like you. Can I ask when and what your first saltwater tank was or how you got into the hobby? Is there a thread to it?

I see you're an awfully busy reefer lady and very dedicated to your threads, many of which are retired. Thank you for that, I can't begin to tell you how much I've learned from people like you. Can I ask when and what your first saltwater tank was or how you got into the hobby? Is there a thread to it?

My reefs do keep me busy :).

My first experience with reefing would have been in the late 80s/early 90s with my dad. My very first tank on my own was set up in 2000. Here's a rare glimpse at that tank. These are pictures of pictures LOL. The only corals I had were a green leather (looks like sinularia) and some anthelia. These were surprise freebies that came in with an order from Indo Pacific Sea Farms (I think that's the name). You can see I was running a deep sandbed. This was all the rage when I set this tank up. I did a ton of reading online (RC) about setting this tank up. My order from IPSF was for the detritivore kit for the DSB. I freaked out when I saw the coral in there. I was afraid I'd kill it. It flourished though. The coolest thing about that tank was the anthelia hosting my clownfish. I thought it was the greatest tank ever (at the time LOL). Now I see there was cyano and I'm sure HA. I was buying my saltwater from the LFS. I can SEE the quality of that water in my photos OMG.

post-25164-0-50220700-1389155529_thumb.jpg

post-25164-0-09882900-1389155548_thumb.jpg

Thanks for checking out my tank threads. :)

Archived