Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

My Flower Box

gena

HAPPY NEW YEAR G!!!! either way, kill it! How's your Blue Oct doing?

Thanks!!!! :)

If I have time, I'll do it today.

The blue ochtodes is doing great. Growing like a weed :happydance:.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A small piece of putty with a blob of superglue has worked best for me. Move into position with tweazers until the anemone touches the superglue, then push it into place. :) Stuck, trapped, dead.

Happy New Year!

A small piece of putty with a blob of superglue has worked best for me. Move into position with tweazers until the anemone touches the superglue, then push it into place. :) Stuck, trapped, dead.

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year, Mark!!!!

Oh.....GREAT tip!!!! I'll do exactly that :).

Cool tank. I had a 5g rock flower anemone tank for a while, really made it easy to observe them. I added some blue octodes as well, but, it covered the tank quickly, and talk about a difficult macro to remove from the rocks afterwards. Thus ended my venture into nano/pico tanks ;)

Cool tank. I had a 5g rock flower anemone tank for a while, really made it easy to observe them. I added some blue octodes as well, but, it covered the tank quickly, and talk about a difficult macro to remove from the rocks afterwards. Thus ended my venture into nano/pico tanks ;)

5g would be a great size. Should be interesting to see what this ochtodes will do with my 3g pico. I know I'll be trimming it a lot at some point. At least it's really easy to get in there :).

This tank is awesome gena!

Thank you very much, BA :).

I'll get some new photos soon. I was trying to wait until the macro really takes off. I need to compare the last FTS to how it looks now. I'm sure there's a difference, but I see this tank daily, and don't really notice it as much. I do know the macro has grown :).

Do you do monthly comparisons and put them in folders for growth comparisons?

I haven't posted anything like that yet. But, I do have a desktop folder for each tank, that I put pictures into, that are dated. I could easily do just that.

Where do you order your anenomes from? I would like to know!

So far I've ordered from the following:

KP Aquatics wwww.sealifeinc.net

Reef Gardener www.reefgardener.net

VIP Reef www.vipreef.com

Aquascapers.com

These places all have great anemones. VIP's are very small, but very pretty.

This tank is looking gorgeous, Gena! You most definitely have a knack for this hobby. I like to call it "reefing skills" :lol:

Thanks, Gram :flower:.

In my previous post i meant how many?

I have 9, I believe. I'm still on the hunt for a look-a-like to Gramophone's red one. It's fabulous :).

Took some photos today :happydance:

January 2014 FTS

010214no2_zps5f1d66e0.jpg

ochtodes

010214no1_zpse45b2371.jpg

Pink Zebra from Aquascapers

010214no3_zps8ac43f21.jpg

010214no4_zps646a6552.jpg

010214no5_zps8cd7b85d.jpg

010214no6_zps2558f831.jpg

010214no7_zps5c5ece4a.jpg

I think I'm going to get a fish for sure. I'm thinking a damsel. But which one???? It needs to eat the pesky pods that are reproducing rampantly in this tank LOL.

Good lord...

Stick'em up and gimme all yer coralz!

:D

Got any suggestions on a damsel? Or similar fish that will eat the darn pods?

Got any suggestions on a damsel? Or similar fish that will eat the darn pods?

A little concerned that pretty much all damsels that I know about get pretty big. Any some of the lighter colored ones get...well...ugly as they mature. I am sure you know they are mean little bastards as well. No big deal alone in a 3G, but might cause problems if you find you need to relocate because of size.

I like Chromis, and they stay small.

Allen's are pretty cool and small

http://www.saltwaterfish.com/Allens-Damsel_p_7215.html

Blue Devil Damsel was one of my favs(check my avatar) in my 75G

http://www.saltwaterfish.com/Blue-Damsel_p_495.html

Also, GIMME ALL YER CORALZ! omgomgomg

A little concerned that pretty much all damsels that I know about get pretty big. Any some of the lighter colored ones get...well...ugly as they mature. I am sure you know they are mean little bastards as well. No big deal alone in a 3G, but might cause problems if you find you need to relocate because of size.

I like Chromis, and they stay small.

Allen's are pretty cool and small

http://www.saltwaterfish.com/Allens-Damsel_p_7215.html

Blue Devil Damsel was one of my favs(check my avatar) in my 75G

http://www.saltwaterfish.com/Blue-Damsel_p_495.html

Also, GIMME ALL YER CORALZ! omgomgomg

:lol:

Well, I like both the ones you suggested. Thanks :).

I'll probably end up with the blue devil or a yellowtail. I want something inexpensive, and something I won't have to order online.

I have 9, I believe. I'm still on the hunt for a look-a-like to Gramophone's red one. It's fabulous :).

Hey Gena, I found a rock nem that's nearly identical to mine and thought I'd share the link (although you may have already seen it!). :happydance:http://www.reefgardener.net/products.php?product=Sun-Fire-Flower-Rock-Anemone

Thinking back, I am pretty sure I ordered my rock flower off of saltcritters during one of their big sales. I was surprised I got it, because those things were selling like hotcakes. I love it, though, and it couldn't have picked a better spot to settle in! :wub:

Hey Gena, Now that all of the flowers have settled in.....what's the favorite?

All but one has settled. Actually it did settle but it settled in the macroalgae so I can't see it well :(. It's the bright orange and green one. I like that one a lot, but since I never see it I'll say the Pink Zebra :).

Get a Springer's Damsel and it will eat pods AND flatworms. win win. I love mine =). It has very subtle markings.

Great suggestion!!!!! I'll look into that one. :)

Hey Gena, I found a rock nem that's nearly identical to mine and thought I'd share the link (although you may have already seen it!). :happydance:http://www.reefgardener.net/products.php?product=Sun-Fire-Flower-Rock-Anemone

Thinking back, I am pretty sure I ordered my rock flower off of saltcritters during one of their big sales. I was surprised I got it, because those things were selling like hotcakes. I love it, though, and it couldn't have picked a better spot to settle in! :wub:

I have seen that one. It's pretty, but I like yours a lot better. Plus that price OMG. I don't want to spend that much. I'll keep looking :).

I'll keep an eye on saltcritters website too. If you come across another that's cheaper, let me know. PM me so no one snipes it ;).

Archived