Top Shelf Aquatics

My Flower Box

gena

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here a nem, there a nem, everywhere a nem nem!! I love how that snail was on that coral. Just accented it so well.

That's actually a macroalgae the snail is on. I bought it because I wanted the SPS look without the SPS hassle!!!!! :)

Guess this is what yours did? How cool.

Awesome video!!!!! That's the male. What I saw looked like eggs shooting out. It's possible it was fertilized before it came to me and then released the eggs. I never saw the "sperm" in my tank like that one is doing.

Heads up....The Little Mermaid is on TV tonight ABC Family. I requested the blueray DVD for Christmas, but I'll be watching tonight :lol:. I haven't seen it in forever!!!!!

Thanks so much!!! You should get some :).

Set up a macro tank ;). You have enough to do it...this I know. Cuz I do too :lol:. I was actually able to fit it all into the pico and the cube fuge. That sample pack was out-of-this-world fantastic!!!! Better than the last time I ordered. They threw in a blue thing too. Not sure if it's a coralline bush or what? Did you get something like that? It's in the pictures I'll be posting.

Rock flower anemones arrived in perfect shape this time :happydance:. No murky water and even open wide in the containers. They are already quite colorful and are settling in.

You may notice some new macro algae in the photos, as well as a gorgonian. I moved one of the gorgs into this tank today. I like how it looks :).

Photos.....

120413no1_zps933986f6.jpg

120413no2_zps833a881e.jpg

120413no3_zps63937c47.jpg

New hanging light fixture from Ikea.

959c4f1c-8f22-45d4-895c-019d66bc93d2_zps

120413no5_zpse273f0cd.jpg

120413no6_zpsfce82ac2.jpg

So yeah....I think I'm now at capacity with this tank :lol:.

My eyes just shit themselves :o

WooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooW its amazing the close ups are impeccable. Very cool that they spawned

WooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooW its amazing the close ups are impeccable. Very cool that they spawned

Well, thank you :).

Any update on the baby

The baby is doing great. It's moved a little, putting it's foot into a crevice. I still can't tell what color it's going to be. I can't wait to find out!!!!! :)

So in my excitement of discovering a "baby anemone", it never crossed my mind that it could be a different type of "baby anemone". Today it's looking like an aptasia to me :lol:.

I'll just have to keep an eye on it. Here's the best closeup I could get of it with my phone. It's definitely changing as it's getting bigger. If it is an aptasia, it was most likely a HH on macro. And how disappointing that would be. Aptasia NEVER even crossed my mind :lol:. Time will tell :).

babyanemone_zps3dc40ea9.jpg

I had one or two.....turned into one or two thousand fast. I almost s-canned my tank out of frustration. Get it out after confirmation....and check your sump too. Again, they're evil. :furious:

I wonder if the nems would actually kill off/harm the aiptasia? Nems can mess with other corals, and aiptasia typically mess with coral too, but I wonder if the nems will keep the aiptasia at bay?

I had one or two.....turned into one or two thousand fast. I almost s-canned my tank out of frustration. Get it out after confirmation....and check your sump too. Again, they're evil. :furious:

I have a giant one in my sump. I suppose I should take care of that one. This tank doesn't have a sump. I feel like such a dope for thinking it was a rock flower baby :blush:.

The nem you were going to send me looks an awful lot like a majano... :lol:

I can still send it to you ;).

I wonder if the nems would actually kill off/harm the aiptasia? Nems can mess with other corals, and aiptasia typically mess with coral too, but I wonder if the nems will keep the aiptasia at bay?

I bet not. Aptasia are evil, as Jack said ;).

Archived