Coral Vue Hydros

My Flower Box

gena

Wow, somehow I missed this. I saw when you started it but a GREAT DEAL has hap'd while I was gone. I think your white one looks like mine. I'm going to put mine in my 34 when I get some gloves, since I have a new scape- I can't remember if they sting or not.

I didn't even remember you have a rock flower. I'll have to check it out. :)

Impressive.

Thank you :happy:.

That new shot of the Pink after its move is awesome. :)

It moved a little more over night. Same general area just slightly to the left. It seems to love the high lighting too. I removed the shades today to see what happens.

I am loving all of your new flowers! Everything is gorgeous. It's a good thing I'll be gone for the next few months because otherwise I could never wait until after our move to restart the tank.

Thanks! You should get one (or a few) after the move. :)

I got my reefcleaners order today. He sent so many snails I was able to put some in the big tank as well. I bought another pack of mangroves. I put 3 in this tank. Not sure they will get enough light...we shall see. The tank is right in front of a window which will be helpful.

Natural sunlight

mangroves_zps49426bde.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How's this for lucky? I've been on the lookout for blue ochtodes for this tank. I've found it on eBay but people want sooo much for it and this time of year isn't the best for shipping it. I've found it to be a very poor shipper in cold weather.

Well.....with my reef gardener order came a tiny piece of ochtodes!!!! It was attached to a pebble that was attached to one of the anemones. I picked that tiny piece off and stuck it on my rocks. It's growing!!!! :happydance:

I know it's hard to see in this photo, but it's smack in the middle of the picture. It will be fun to watch it grow from this tiny little piece. :)

ochtodes_zpsdcefb7cb.jpg

Also, got my little rio 50 pump. It's working like a charm. I was able to dial down the flow from it with one of the attachments. I have the perfect amount of flow in my tank now, between the rio and the HOB filter.

I'm also at the point where I no longer need a shade for the anemones. Everyone has adjusted.

New rio50 pump is on the right side of the tank.

ftspowerhead_zps4ef41930.jpg

I found a super secret new place to buy these flowers from. I'll pm you. ;)

Shhhh!! That was a funny joke, amazing rock nems....you had me for a minute. :P

How many rock flowers do you have now? Here's mine you asked about. 2.5" basically. I plan on moving some corals over tomorrow. This is one of them.

108_zps7a80fff5.jpg

Oh, Hagen cost me over $200 today. Had a free teeth cleaning but in the process they found a molar with a lateral fracture so they had to pull it. Then has some pain medicine for a few days for the 8 stitches they put in and then dog chews they prescribed once a day once he's healed some.. UGH.

How many rock flowers do you have now? Here's mine you asked about. 2.5" basically. I plan on moving some corals over tomorrow. This is one of them.

Oh, Hagen cost me over $200 today. Had a free teeth cleaning but in the process they found a molar with a lateral fracture so they had to pull it. Then has some pain medicine for a few days for the 8 stitches they put in and then dog chews they prescribed once a day once he's healed some.. UGH.

Yours looks a lot like the one I got from Morgan. The white ones are incredibly pretty. I love how she named the one I bought Dark Angel. It's so fitting.

Right now I have 8. I ended up putting the wandering green guy back into the sump refugium...he just wouldn't stop wandering. So 7 in the pico.

Awww...poor Hagen, and your wallet! Last time I took the dogs for their cleaning, 2 months ago, it cost me like $400. And they want us to do that every 6 months???? Ummm...no way. I do it once a year for them.

I had no idea rock nem's were so good looking !!! This is awesome,how many of them do you have ?

Aren't they gorgeous? Mine aren't even that colorful. You should see some of the ones you can get. I may just be getting a couple next week ;). I have 7 in this pico.

Yours looks a lot like the one I got from Morgan. The white ones are incredibly pretty. I love how she named the one I bought Dark Angel. It's so fitting.

Right now I have 8. I ended up putting the wandering green guy back into the sump refugium...he just wouldn't stop wandering. So 7 in the pico.

Awww...poor Hagen, and your wallet! Last time I took the dogs for their cleaning, 2 months ago, it cost me like $400. And they want us to do that every 6 months???? Ummm...no way. I do it once a year for them.

Aren't they gorgeous? Mine aren't even that colorful. You should see some of the ones you can get. I may just be getting a couple next week ;). I have 7 in this pico.

ooo...if we gonna compare dog dental cost, the foster we had that needed all his teeth extracted costed us $900. That was with my wife's employee discount + rescue discount. Not cool...

I want to get a rock anemone now too =). I actually had a very very small one before. Less than an inch. Was doing great until it ate a zoa polyp and died 2 days later. Not sure if 100% correlated, but weird.

ooo...if we gonna compare dog dental cost, the foster we had that needed all his teeth extracted costed us $900. That was with my wife's employee discount + rescue discount. Not cool...

I want to get a rock anemone now too =). I actually had a very very small one before. Less than an inch. Was doing great until it ate a zoa polyp and died 2 days later. Not sure if 100% correlated, but weird.

:o On both counts!

Took some photos today AND a video! The video isn't the best quality, but it's a video, right? :D

I ordered some macro from live-plants today. It will ship out next week. I ordered a red macro sample pack and some halimeda. I think most will end up in the sump fuge on my cube, but I do want to put some sprigs of halimeda in this pico. I was watching video of rock flower anemones in the wild and there is halimeda all around them. I want my babies to feel at home. :D

I'm going to redo the lighting. I decided to get a hanging pendant fixture for this LED bulb. I want to raise the light higher for my mangroves. I'll probably go to IKEA for the fixture. I found one that looks nice online, hopefully my store has it in stock. :)

Video:

New pictures 11-25-13.
112513no1_zps7a07ca58.jpg

112513no2_zpsc546bbaf.jpg

The Dark Angel. You can see the tiny sprig of blue ochtodes to the left of Dark Angel.
112513no3_zpsaf597839.jpg

112513no4_zpsf40426de.jpg

112513no5_zps493c4cdb.jpg

Wow look at all those nems! Looks great.

Good call on fragging those magicians for this little tank! ;)

Thanks! You know you inspired me to get the magicians, right???? ;)

I have some in my cube too, but definitely wanted to highlight them in the pico. They pretty much just get lost in the cube.

Definitely one of the cutest little tanks I've seen in my short time here Gena. I love the name you gave the one, Dark Angel.

Awww....thanks!!!! :happy:

I actually didn't name it Dark Angel. That was all Morgan's creativity. I love the name though!!! :)

That pink one is pretty!

:D I do too! I can't wait to see the new ones tomorrow!!!! Hey, D....you haven't posted any photos of your new ones yet, have you????

100% laser sharp looking and purple I love the matured look

Thanks, Brandon!!!! I'm having fun with this tank for sure. :)

Went out to IKEA this evening and picked up the new light fixture. I think it's going to work out great. It's already installed. Should have done this to begin with. Now my mangroves will have full light coverage. :happydance:

I saw you said you had a pico in your members thread so I had to come find it! Beautiful!!

Thank you, and thanks for checking it out!!!! :happy:

Hey, D....you haven't posted any photos of your new ones yet, have you????

Nope. My Snowlime is still in a cave, the Pot of Gold is all tucked up but didn't walk and my Lime / Purple one is shading itself against a ledge. I think my lights too bright......I have two more arriving Wednesday....the Orange Lips and the .....hmm, I forgot what the otherone....oh, the Orange freeze look a like.

Nope. My Snowlime is still in a cave, the Pot of Gold is all tucked up but didn't walk and my Lime / Purple one is shading itself against a ledge. I think my lights too bright......I have two more arriving Wednesday....the Orange Lips and the .....hmm, I forgot what the otherone....oh, the Orange freeze look a like.

Sounds like they are definitely still adjusting to your light. I forgot about Orange Lips :lol:. I hope they aren't hiders.

Delivery Day, let's see the pics!

They are out for delivery. Supposed to be here before 10am.

Lights just came on and I think I saw the pink zebra shooting eggs out. Seriously!!!! It wasn't from the center though, it was coming from under the frilly skirt area. I tried to see if maybe some creature was doing it, but I couldn't see anything. I'm pretty sure it was coming from the anemone! So, the pink zebra is possibly a girl. :)

Hah...speak of the devil. It's here!!!! :D

They are in the tank. The water they came in was pretty murky and they look stressed. But I'm sure they'll be fine. Just waiting for them to attach and open. They aren't giants like what Morgan sent. I hope they adjust quickly. No photos for now. :)

I always look forward to seeing what you get! But I think we all look forward to what anyone gets, esp if it's at a time when we can't- fulfills a little of that "want" need ;) .

I always look forward to seeing what you get! But I think we all look forward to what anyone gets, esp if it's at a time when we can't- fulfills a little of that "want" need ;) .

I, too, am living vicariously through Gena's aquariums. Thank you Gena. :)

I, too, am living vicariously through Gena's aquariums. Thank you Gena. :)

:D I'm glad you guys enjoy following!!!!!

My two new rock flower anemones never did open up for me today. Hopefully tomorrow fingerscrossed. I've been spoiled by the last 3 purchases I've made that went perfectly with perfectly happy anemones from the get-go.

No pictures to show of them, but I do have a photo of my newest macroalgae. I picked up a little piece of blue scroll. I hope it colors up nicely in my tank!!!! :D

bluescroll_zpsdbde1d9b.jpg

Archived