SaltCritters.com

My Flower Box

gena

Yeah I got a nice one from the WYSIWYG this is the one I ended up getting.

http://sealifeinc.net/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=370

I was actually just looking at one of the poo colored ones I got and it's looking like it's starting to show a bit of green and maybe some faint red so maybe it will color up at least a bit.

Maybe if we get some spawning going on we can trade.

:wub: I love that one!!!!!!

Definitely on the trading!!!! I was wondering how they multiplied. Do you know, is it by splitting? I should look that up. I know you can't cut them like you would a maxi mini anemone.

Its looking great. I still don't see your 4th rock nem though. Is it the back somewhere?

Coral packages are always exciting! What colors did you get from Morgan? I'm glad you had someone to split an order with to get free shipping :)

I forgot to get a photo of it. It's up at the top in the red macro. It's not colorful, but has a lot of white which I like.

From Morgan I got a Lime and white, orange and white, and purple. I hope they are very colorful!!!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks! :flower:I'm looking forward to buying some shrimp for the tank. Well, I'll just have to send you some macro someday, if you want it. :) I saw saltcritter's anemones. Too bad they sent you some blah ones. I've seen the ricordeas they send out though, so that probably does make up for it. :)If you don't mind spending some dollars, reefgardener.net gets really pretty ones in stock. Also, try Aquascapers. ;) :happydance:See you tomorrow!!!!! Did you see their WYSIWYG section with anemones????Thank you!!!! I'm a bit obsessed with them myself. :DConfirmation received...rock flower anemones are in transit. :happydance:

If you get to the point that it will outgrow your tank, then most definitely. I will try to return such a great gesture with box of bubble gum and some frags (or something you might need in DIY dept) :)

I love rock news but I don't think this affection is mutual.

Some rock nems got wicked gamma of colors but usually price tag reflects that.

What else do you plan for this tank? Sorry but I need to pick your brain a bit lol

I been eyeing that one =P. You beat me to it.

I would have bought it!!!! I'm waiting though for when I order my anemone shrimp. :)

If you get to the point that it will outgrow your tank, then most definitely. I will try to return such a great gesture with box of bubble gum and some frags (or something you might need in DIY dept) :) I love rock news but I don't think this affection is mutual. Some rock nems got wicked gamma of colors but usually price tag reflects that. What else do you plan for this tank? Sorry but I need to pick your brain a bit lol

I'll PM you when I have some ready to go. :)

Bubblegum :lol: I still have Hubba Bubba bubblegum tape sitting here from Halloween :lol:.

So far I'm just doing macroalgae, rock anemones, and some palythoas. Trying to figure out what to put at the very top of the rock structure. It gets extremely high light up there. Any suggestions?

I forgot to get a photo of it. It's up at the top in the red macro. It's not colorful, but has a lot of white which I like.

From Morgan I got a Lime and white, orange and white, and purple. I hope they are very colorful!!!!

I like the white ones a lot actually! Sounds like you got a nice mix of colors from Morgan. This tank is going to look so great packed full of these nems!

I would have bought it!!!! I'm waiting though for when I order my anemone shrimp. :)

I'm sure KPA will add more to their WYSIWYG section by then. If not, you could always request a color and they can look for it on their next collection trip. :)

hahaha, same here! They took the pedersen shrimp off the site =(. I wanted both the spotted white cleaner and the pedersen. I probably wont order till another month or so. I need to sloooow down =P.

I hope their shrimps look like these:

339348726_0830a7db0c_z.jpg

I would have bought it!!!! I'm waiting though for when I order my anemone shrimp. :)I'll PM you when I have some ready to go. :)Bubblegum :lol: I still have Hubba Bubba bubblegum tape sitting here from Halloween :lol:.So far I'm just doing macroalgae, rock anemones, and some palythoas. Trying to figure out what to put at the very top of the rock structure. It gets extremely high light up there. Any suggestions?

Sounds sweet but no rush..... I am a very patient man lol

hahaha, same here! They took the pedersen shrimp off the site =(. I wanted both the spotted white cleaner and the pedersen. I probably wont order till another month or so. I need to sloooow down =P.

That would look awesome in your tank G ....l. Wowza

I like the white ones a lot actually! Sounds like you got a nice mix of colors from Morgan. This tank is going to look so great packed full of these nems!

I'm sure KPA will add more to their WYSIWYG section by then. If not, you could always request a color and they can look for it on their next collection trip. :)

I like the white too! I'm definitely planning to fill it with quite a few anemones. :)

Good idea about requesting. :)

The spotted cleaners are even prettier, I think.

That photo!!! :wub:

Sounds sweet but no rush..... I am a very patient man lol That would look awesome in your tank G ....l. Wowza

It all depends on how fast things grow for me. I'm hoping pretty fast. :)

Yeah...those shrimp are really gorgeous creatures. I'm really looking forward to getting them. I still haven't decided on whether or not to add a fish. I'm leaning toward not. I kind of like not having to worry about a fish but not sure the macros will do well without the fish poop.

I love your newest tank Gena! Rock flower anemones and macros is a great idea. Good luck, though I doubt that you'll need it. :)

Thanks, Z!!!!! It's nice to see you posting again!!!! :)

Oooo ahhhh

:)

I hope you can find a source in Canada. :)

Yeah I wanted a pedersons or spotted cleaner too I was pretty bummed I also wanted a rusty goby.

You should at least get a masked goby gena lol can't go wrong awesome little fish for 10 bucks they have on here.

And as an answer to your query before, they reproduce sexually which kind of sucks, but since you have a few maybe they'll spawn and you'll get some cool morphs.

They'll color up....mine are. Every day a little more. My lime and purple has taken it's time....but looking pretty good at the week mark.

Can't wait to see the new batch :)

:)I hope you can find a source in Canada. :)

Yeah me to, I have lfs and a not so local lfs but neither have anything really good just regular stuff. So I'm hoping I can find a store online i can order from within Canada... I know pea will ship to Canada but shipping is hefty, other than that no other store ship here

I would have bought it!!!! I'm waiting though for when I order my anemone shrimp. :)I'll PM you when I have some ready to go. :)Bubblegum :lol: I still have Hubba Bubba bubblegum tape sitting here from Halloween :lol:.So far I'm just doing macroalgae, rock anemones, and some palythoas. Trying to figure out what to put at the very top of the rock structure. It gets extremely high light up there. Any suggestions?

Fine, no bubblegum for ya then lol

As to furnace top of your rock with suggestions........ Well, it would not be wise for you to ask me that question. And I am honest enough to tell you that I also know my limitations and knowledge on this subject. And as much as I wish I could be of any help, I don't want to steer you in the abyss of dumb and make myself look like a DB. ;) but I am sure guys can help you with few choices of corals,clams or macro that would work for you.

I like the white too! I'm definitely planning to fill it with quite a few anemones. :)Good idea about requesting. :) The spotted cleaners are even prettier, I think.That photo!!! :wub: It all depends on how fast things grow for me. I'm hoping pretty fast. :)Yeah...those shrimp are really gorgeous creatures. I'm really looking forward to getting them. I still haven't decided on whether or not to add a fish. I'm leaning toward not. I kind of like not having to worry about a fish but not sure the macros will do well without the fish poop.Thanks, Z!!!!! It's nice to see you posting again!!!! :) :)I hope you can find a source in Canada. :)

That's what I keep telling myself with every new tank and guess what....... Always end up with at least one fish lol I have a feeling you want one lol And do hmu once MA seasons or if you run out of bubblegum lol

Edit: damn that's a lot of lols

Yeah I wanted a pedersons or spotted cleaner too I was pretty bummed I also wanted a rusty goby.

You should at least get a masked goby gena lol can't go wrong awesome little fish for 10 bucks they have on here.

And as an answer to your query before, they reproduce sexually which kind of sucks, but since you have a few maybe they'll spawn and you'll get some cool morphs.

I have a rusty goby. I had a mated pair, but just recently lost one of them. They are in my 45g tank. Most boring fish ever :lol:.

I forgot about the masked goby. I have a mated pair of those as well, in my 45g tank. I'm really torn on adding a fish.

Oh wow...that would be sooo cool if they spawn and I get a unique morph. I didn't know tha was even possible. :happydance:

That's what I keep telling myself with every new tank and guess what....... Always end up with at least one fish lol I have a feeling you want one lol And do hmu once MA seasons or if you run out of bubblegum lol

Edit: damn that's a lot of lols

I think I want a macroalgae that would do well in high lighting as opposed to a coral or clam. I'll have to brainstorm it.

My thoughts on avoiding a fish but still keeping the macro happy, is to do my waterchange with half new water and half used water from my 45g tank. Fish are nice, but it's so nice not having to worry about one too. :)

I like to LOL so it's ok with me. :lol:

You are right on the minimalist maintenance approach. I am thinking about moving my onyx/snow clown to 20long and dedicate it to sexies rics and gorgs. I am just not sure if it won't get to melancholic without some kind of movement other then sexies shaking booty..... I do plan on two more tanks tho. One 78" long shallow for my living room and twin 8g arena (both DIY projects) for mentis which I always found fascinating. But enough about me and let's get that light back on your sweet tank ;)

You are right on the minimalist maintenance approach. I am thinking about moving my onyx/snow clown to 20long and dedicate it to sexies rics and gorgs. I am just not sure if it won't get to melancholic without some kind of movement other then sexies shaking booty..... I do plan on two more tanks tho. One 78" long shallow for my living room and twin 8g arena (both DIY projects) for mentis which I always found fascinating. But enough about me and let's get that light back on your sweet tank ;)

I like hearing about people's tank plans....talk away.... :D

I see it this way. I have my 45g to fulfill my need for fish. This little pico is something to hold the pretties that I don't feel comfortable putting in, or can't have in, my big tank. The only problem with this pico is I spend more time in front of it than I should. The awe will eventually wear off though, I hope, and soon. :lol:

do you guys think a regular skunk cleaner shrimp will kill the smaller pederson or white spotted cleaner shrimps??

No. I've had both before. They don't pay any attention to each other. The only problem you'll have is the skunk stealing food from the anemone shrimp. There are ways around that though.
do you guys think a regular skunk cleaner shrimp will kill the smaller pederson or white spotted cleaner shrimps??

Idk but it chased my sexies when I tried a pair in the same tank. Eventually, six-line whoop their shakers and cleaner finish them off. You learn something new everyday lol

I like hearing about people's tank plans....talk away.... :DI see it this way. I have my 45g to fulfill my need for fish. This little pico is something to hold the pretties that I don't feel comfortable putting in, or can't have in, my big tank. The only problem with this pico is I spend more time in front of it than I should. The awe will eventually wear off though, I hope, and soon. :lol:No. I've had both before. They don't pay any attention to each other. The only problem you'll have is the skunk stealing food from the anemone shrimp. There are ways around that though.

I will share those plans soon..... I need to order material first and it is pricey. In short, 72"x 9-12" high and 12" deep with fuge on one end and skimmer+reactor on the other end. It will be different that I can tell. 12" twin cube is basically two 12" cubes connected with 3" acrylic tube. Tube will provide a passage way for mantis shrimp to the "arena lol where he will be fed hahahhahahah

I am sure you will get over your new pico but I feel the same way. I find myself glued to my smallest tanks for some reason. God I have way too many tanks :(

I will share those plans soon..... I need to order material first and it is pricey. In short, 72"x 9-12" high and 12" deep with fuge on one end and skimmer+reactor on the other end. It will be different that I can tell. 12" twin cube is basically two 12" cubes connected with 3" acrylic tube. Tube will provide a passage way for mantis shrimp to the "arena lol where he will be fed hahahhahahah I am sure you will get over your new pico but I feel the same way. I find myself glued to my smallest tanks for some reason. God I have way too many tanks :(

I guess that's the drawback of being a DIY'er...too many tanks. That mantis tank sounds epic!!!! omgomgomg
I guess that's the drawback of being a DIY'er...too many tanks. That mantis tank sounds epic!!!! omgomgomg

It is a guy thing lol cravings for domination and showdown of the fittest

I am pretty sure it is going to be a fav amongs my buddies and my daughter who is a black belt lol

And I am just getting my feet wet in reef DIY. But like I mentioned earlier, somewhere..... If I can't find what I want ready, I will make it.

They are in and absolutely gorgeous. I have to thank got2envy again for inspiring me to start up this tank. If she didn't so generously send me the best macro pack ever, this wouldn't have happened. :D

Here are the new flowers in the tank. I'm sure you can pick them out. :)

http://s711.photobucket.com/user/genae1971/media/newanemones11-19-13_zpsdf2f36c2.jpg.html'>newanemones11-19-13_zpsdf2f36c2.jpg

From above. Felicia, the freebie white flower from KPA is on the left, snuggled in with the macroalgae.

http://s711.photobucket.com/user/genae1971/media/newanemonepic2_zps706ba0bf.jpg.html'>newanemonepic2_zps706ba0bf.jpg

And I was googling rock flower anemone images and saw a gorgeous pink zebra flower and decided I needed one for my collection. Wouldn't you know it, Aquascapers HAD one :lol:. So I bought this one today. :)

http://s711.photobucket.com/user/genae1971/media/purple-chocolate-flower-anemone_zpsa239e202.jpg.html'>purple-chocolate-flower-anemone_zpsa239e

Jack1978 already picked up his new babies. I can't wait to see pictures of yours!!!!! I didn't get a great look at them in the bags. I just noticed they were plump juicy anemones :lol:.

Archived