inTank Media Baskets

My Flower Box

gena

Stunning! Where did you buy the newest flower nems from? I'm so behind! I think my new favorite is that one down in the bottom left corner. I love how much the colors pop on that one! Also, the gorgonian looks great in there! This tank looks so full and awesome already :) Now you just need a couple shrimp to live on your nems. Oh, and I really like how the hanging light fixture looks!

Thanks, Felicia!!!!

The one that is your favorite is definitely the most colorful of the 4 I got today. I like it a lot too. I like that they aren't huge too. Lets them grow into their space.

Yep...need to get some anemone shrimp and then I'm set :).

WOW, your nems look awesome! I still see a little room in there.....

Yeah...they turned out to be really nice. Better place your order!!!! :)

did you stuff all the red sampler pack into the pico?? I didn't get a blue thingy =(. it looks cool though. I just got lots and lots and lots of algae =P.

No way. I only put a few pieces into the pico. Most all of it went into the refugium on the big tank.

I TOLD you you'd have a LOT of algae :lol:.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like your blue thing too and your gorg really compliments this tank, perfect height and adds a different visual interest. Guiness Book of World Records goes to Gena for the smallest Rock Flower nem tank ever!!! Shrimpies would be beautiful in there. Anemone crab!!!

I like your blue thing too and your gorg really compliments this tank, perfect height and adds a different visual interest. Guiness Book of World Records goes to Gena for the smallest Rock Flower nem tank ever!!! Shrimpies would be beautiful in there. Anemone crab!!!

I think the blue thing is a coralline algae bush. It reminds me of a tumbleweed :lol:. But much prettier ;).

I don't know about smallest tank. Maybe MOST anemones in a pico though :lol:.

Oh yes....one of those white porcelains will be going in here too!!! :)

I'm just going to come steal your tank, ok?

:lol:

I have to say, it is looking particularly good this morning. Everyone is settled in nicely. No one moved over night. Colors are intensifying. I'm in :wub:.

Non of the macro looks like it's going to croak either. Yay!!!!

post-25164-0-31692800-1386274416_thumb.jpg

click for bigger photo. I'm lazy and don't feel like uploading it to photobucket ;).

I think it's time to start adding some "real" livestock to the tank. I'm going to get a white porcelain crab (or two) and a couple of anemone shrimp. Other suggestions? I don't think I want fish and I can't have sexy shrimp since they'll attack my zoas and palys.

Crazy to think that this little tank started only a few weeks ago. It looks so mature already; you got the magic touch. Can i just ship you my new tank and have you mature it and then send it back to me???? :D

Sure...but I wouldn't trust me to send it back to you :lol:.

Wow! Folowwing...

Awesome!!! Thank you :happy:.

Those additions will certainly be icing on the cake.

I can't wait to get some creature movement in here. Snails are OK...but not exciting enough :).

Sure...but I wouldn't trust me to send it back to you :lol:.

Awesome!!! Thank you :happy:.

I can't wait to get some creature movement in here. Snails are OK...but not exciting enough :).

I did notice that the site I went to has some porcelains!!! Oh about those cinnamon grandis paly? I'm not a fan of brown and cream though, the diameter of each paly I like however.

I think it's time to start adding some "real" livestock to the tank. I'm going to get a white porcelain crab (or two) and a couple of anemone shrimp. Other suggestions? I don't think I want fish and I can't have sexy shrimp since they'll attack my zoas and palys.

Harlequin Serpent Starfish....I think KP Aquatics has them.

Definitely the porcelains!

Harlequin Serpent Starfish....I think KP Aquatics has them. Definitely the porcelains!

Oh....good suggestion! I think the black and white of the starfish would be a nice color addition to the tank. I'll get my porcelains at Vivid, like you! :)

I was part of the Secret Santa exchange here on NR and one of my gifts was for this pico. A vertex simplex cleaner mag. Doesn't it look sexy on the pico???? I love it!!!!

picomag_zps7186f3d3.jpg

My blue ochtodes can be seen now without straining the eyes :lol:. It's the blue blob at the top. I love how fast it's growing. The color is amazing too...deep purple/blue. I was afraid being at the top it would fade the color, but it seems to have intensified it. The blue scroll is growing fast too!

picoochtodes_zpsad3912df.jpg

I'm getting confused between the white anemone crab and porcelain crab but I guess I see now there are also blue and purple and dark porcelain crabs. I put them in Google and they look pretty the same.

I'm getting confused between the white anemone crab and porcelain crab but I guess I see now there are also blue and purple and dark porcelain crabs. I put them in Google and they look pretty the same.

The only ones I'm familiar with are the white anemone crabs and the porcelain anemone crabs from the Caribbean (they are blue & orange). Since I have the Caribbean ones in my cube now, I'm going to go for the white for the pico. I've never had the white so this will be something fun and new :).

The only ones I'm familiar with are the white anemone crabs and the porcelain anemone crabs from the Caribbean (they are blue & orange). Since I have the Caribbean ones in my cube now, I'm going to go for the white for the pico. I've never had the white so this will be something fun and new :).

I'm thinking it would stand out really nice since it would be the same color as the sand and against the coraline.

Do some of your nems like more light that the others? I have 2 now that are at their biggest before I turn on the lights, the other 2 like the light.

Do some of your nems like more light that the others? I have 2 now that are at their biggest before I turn on the lights, the other 2 like the light.

Unfortunately I can't tell. I know when I had the old light fixture my KPA orange nem would barely peek out of the crevice it's in. Since I got the Ikea fixture, and it's hanging higher above the tank, that same orange nem comes completely out during the day. I think my wandering green anemone, that I've since removed, was moving so much because it was too bright for it. Since I put it back in the sump/fuge on the other tank, I haven't seen it.

None of the anemones that I've put in have moved from their original spots so it's hard to say if they like high light or low light. Not much help, huh?

Unfortunately I can't tell. I know when I had the old light fixture my KPA orange nem would barely peek out of the crevice it's in. Since I got the Ikea fixture, and it's hanging higher above the tank, that same orange nem comes completely out during the day. I think my wandering green anemone, that I've since removed, was moving so much because it was too bright for it. Since I put it back in the sump/fuge on the other tank, I haven't seen it.

None of the anemones that I've put in have moved from their original spots so it's hard to say if they like high light or low light. Not much help, huh?

Probably right about the one that keeps moving. And when I originally moved the lemon over and it was facing more of the light, it started to go deeper in to the crevice below it (and there's a hole there cuz no rock) so I picked up the rock and turned it and now it's facing out which I think it does like better. I also wonder if certain colors react differently. Do lighter ones like light less and colorful ones more?

The anemones are really nice... I need to find some with nice colors like these. How long has this tank been up? And what do you do for feeding and water changes? I recently set up a pico as well that has been up for about 2 months now... I'm trying to find out and compare what other people do for maintenance to what I do. A lot of these pico tanks seem to get taken down really fast... I'm hoping to leave mine up for a couple of years and see how it does.

Anyways, this is looking great, nice job!

Archived