inTank Media Baskets

My Flower Box

gena

My two new anemones were toast this morning :tears:. I'm pretty certain they got too warm in the shipping box. These things are so hardy, that could be the only explanation unless a fedex employee shook the box hard for 15 minutes. They were so stressed when they got here. I think murky water in the shipping bag is a sign of too much heat. :(

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My two new anemones were toast this morning :tears:. I'm pretty certain they got too warm in the shipping box. These things are so hardy, that could be the only explanation unless a fedex employee shook the box hard for 15 minutes. They were so stressed when they got here. I think murky water in the shipping bag is a sign of too much heat. :(

aww...that sucks. will you at least get a refund from the vendor?

That is very sad. :( Though given that they expired so soon after you got them, it does seem refund-worthy.

aww...that sucks. will you at least get a refund from the vendor?

It does really stink (literally too!). I feel bad for the anemones. They were so beautiful from what I saw online. The vendor is superb. They gave me a credit for the entire order including shipping. They are having a big sale now too. I was able to order replacements. I will receive 4 this time for the same price I paid for just 2. I made sure to let them know about my thoughts on it being an overheated box that caused them to die. Fingers crossed that this time they make it in great shape!!!!

Interesting observation.....I grabbed some red grape out of my 45g tank's sump/refugium. In there it had no little grapes on it, just the stems. Since putting it in this pico it is now growing the grapes. I wonder what it is in the pico that allows the grapes to form???? Higher nutrients???? I need to research this.

I took a bunch of photos of my other tank today so I snapped one of the pico too. Didn't want it to feel left out ;).

Tomorrow I get my 4 replacement rock flowers. Keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well this time!!! :D

Macro algae is growing nicely in the tank. The blue ochtodes is increasing in size, slowly but surely. The magicians are being fussy. Not sure if they are getting too much light or what. They just didn't open much today and looked p.o'd

120313no1_zps4350359c.jpg

Feeding time must be fun in there. Closed up nems everywhere!! Can't wait to see what you get, again.

You know...they haven't really eaten much for me. But they are pooping so they obviously are getting something out of the water column. I dose live phyto and oyster feast plus drop in pellets for the snails. Some of the pellets may float into the nems. Everytime I've tried feeding them something meaty they aren't crazy for it.

I'm excited for tomorrow's shipment. I should get my macro order from live-plants tomorrow too.

I had no excitement over brine shrimp but when I tried LRS Reef Frenzy, little chunks of this and that, they went nuts. Their response really quickened. Put it on the edge and they just rolled it up into their little mouths.

I had no excitement over brine shrimp but when I tried LRS Reef Frenzy, little chunks of this and that, they went nuts. Their response really quickened. Put it on the edge and they just rolled it up into their little mouths.

Interesting! Maybe I should order some of the LRS reef frenzy food!

me too :D

Ahhhh..you ordered!!!! Awesome! :D

I'll be curious to see what both of you get. I saw that site previously and their prices looked very reasonable.

I ordered the red sample pack and some halimeda. I'm sure it will be more than I could ever use :). If it's like wayyyy more than I need, I can send you the extras.

Interesting! Maybe I should order some of the LRS reef frenzy food!

Ahhhh..you ordered!!!! Awesome! :D

I ordered the red sample pack and some halimeda. I'm sure it will be more than I could ever use :). If it's like wayyyy more than I need, I can send you the extras.

Well, I may be ok, I found 2 small pieces of halimeda in my tank the last week. 2 tiny segments grew out of the rock- like flat tiny coins. Only if you have too much though.

Well, I may be ok, I found 2 small pieces of halimeda in my tank the last week. 2 tiny segments grew out of the rock- like flat tiny coins. Only if you have too much though.

I'll let you know. If it's anything like the last time it will be too much ;).

I'll let you know. If it's anything like the last time it will be too much ;).

if it's too much for your 45g, i wonder how i will fit everything into my little 12g...I got the red sampler plus extra red grape

You know...they haven't really eaten much for me. But they are pooping so they obviously are getting something out of the water column. I dose live phyto and oyster feast plus drop in pellets for the snails. Some of the pellets may float into the nems. Everytime I've tried feeding them something meaty they aren't crazy for it.I'm excited for tomorrow's shipment. I should get my macro order from live-plants tomorrow too.

I just fed three of the six that are behaving (out in the open) and they gobbled it down. Mysis and silverside chunk for the big guy. They look "fluffier".

Gena the tank is awesome! Those flower nems are so cool!

Thanks so much!!! You should get some :).

red macroalgae came tonight...i should not have ordered the extra red grape =(. SOOOO much. And they are so tall. Taller than my nano tank. Gonna give them away for free to some lucky reefer locally.

Set up a macro tank ;). You have enough to do it...this I know. Cuz I do too :lol:. I was actually able to fit it all into the pico and the cube fuge. That sample pack was out-of-this-world fantastic!!!! Better than the last time I ordered. They threw in a blue thing too. Not sure if it's a coralline bush or what? Did you get something like that? It's in the pictures I'll be posting.

Rock flower anemones arrived in perfect shape this time :happydance:. No murky water and even open wide in the containers. They are already quite colorful and are settling in.

You may notice some new macro algae in the photos, as well as a gorgonian. I moved one of the gorgs into this tank today. I like how it looks :).

Photos.....

120413no1_zps933986f6.jpg

120413no2_zps833a881e.jpg

120413no3_zps63937c47.jpg

New hanging light fixture from Ikea.

959c4f1c-8f22-45d4-895c-019d66bc93d2_zps

120413no5_zpse273f0cd.jpg

120413no6_zpsfce82ac2.jpg

So yeah....I think I'm now at capacity with this tank :lol:.

Stunning! Where did you buy the newest flower nems from? I'm so behind! I think my new favorite is that one down in the bottom left corner. I love how much the colors pop on that one! Also, the gorgonian looks great in there! This tank looks so full and awesome already :) Now you just need a couple shrimp to live on your nems. Oh, and I really like how the hanging light fixture looks!

Archived