Innovative Marine Aquariums

DT's ADA 60F Shallow Reef

daletu

That's awesome! It has EF mount model but sensor is smaller. 5D has bigger sensor and that will definitely have more advantage and better ISO performance as well. Not sure about blackmagic's dynamic range, it is also very important to look at and compare but just by sensor size and ISO performance, I vote for 5Dii or iii. :)

Sexy camera for sure but also I'd vote for a 5d mkiii (or a mkii, they're so cheap right now) - you can install Magic Lantern on the mkiii for RAW video if you require more range and it will destroy the BlackMagic at higher ISOs.

• Like 2

Thank you! It wasn't look like this at all when I bought it, its coloring up nicely. :)

Sexy camera for sure but also I'd vote for a 5d mkiii (or a mkii, they're so cheap right now) - you can install Magic Lantern on the mkiii for RAW video if you require more range and it will destroy the BlackMagic at higher ISOs.

Yep. Exactly what I thought too!

Freshwater secret light project? :wub:

11732782325_d9941a9ccd_z.jpg

-Dave

Thanks so much Dave! The freshwater tank is not ready yet but I can't wait to hang it above the tank. I will take a few photos when I receive the unit. It looks awesome! :D

• Like 1

Haha... I hope they don't!

Tank is doing fine. Nothing really change. Probably adding the Yellow Hammer soon. (talking to Richard about his stock now) :)

Pods population is in control but flatworms is not, mandarin doesn't seem to eat it, maybe it will start eating flatworms once pods is running low.

Not sure if you know, but there was a death in Richard's family; so if his response hasn't been very quick, that's why.

• Like 2

Not sure if you know, but there was a death in Richard's family; so if his response hasn't been very quick, that's why.

Thank you Brad. Yes. I've already known. He just contacted me couple days ago. I will have a yellow hammer from him next week. :)

Beautiful clean slim lights man!

This tank amazes me beyond belief! Love it!

Make sure to check out my new build too! :happy:

If you haven't already known, Dave is the master craftsman who build handmade Nanobox full spectrum LED light. People who use his lights are all very happy and recommend to other reefers. You may be interested in looking into his light for your tank too. ;)

Thanks for the compliment! Heading right over to your thread now! Haha.

• Like 1

Haha. That's right. Without him here, this thread is so quiet, hope he comes back soon.

Took a new FTS while cleaning the equipments on Tuesday.

140107-fts.jpg

• Like 14

TOP!

Great nano!

What are your maintenance routine?

Thank you Miguel. I change 4 gallons of water each week and clean equipments every two weeks. I also scrape glass and blow debrits off rocks daily. And disturb top layer of sand bed twice a week.

Looking sexy as usual. How are all the fish doing?

Thanks Shawn. Fish are doing fine. They all come out often and mandarin is eating frozen ova too. :happy:

That's awesome! It has EF mount model but sensor is smaller. 5D has bigger sensor and that will definitely have more advantage and better ISO performance as well. Not sure about blackmagic's dynamic range, it is also very important to look at and compare but just by sensor size and ISO performance, I vote for 5Dii or iii. :)

you guys have convinced me :lol: I'm definitely going to pick one up at some point.

this tank is just cool man. how did you run the wires through the wall?

and what is this freshwater tank you speak of? :ninja:

• Like 1

this tank is just cool man. how did you run the wires through the wall?

and what is this freshwater tank you speak of? :ninja:

Thanks Kauai. I drill two holes on the wall, one behind the light and one behind the stand, and run the wire from top to bottom inside the wall and use desk grommets to close the wall.

I am building another 60f fresh water shrimp tank and it will use Dave's Nanobox. :)

That's so sexy.

Yea. Looks very nice! Can't wait to receive it. :)

really great tank- it'll be perfect with Dave's light

Thanks Giga. The light Dave built for me will be for the freshwater tank. I still haven't decided if I want to replace Hydra yet. :D

• Like 1

Thanks Kauai. I drill two holes on the wall, one behind the light and one behind the stand, and run the wire from top to bottom inside the wall and use desk grommets to close the wall.

I am building another 60f fresh water shrimp tank and it will use Dave's Nanobox. :)

Yea. Looks very nice! Can't wait to receive it. :)

Thanks Giga. The light Dave built for me will be for the freshwater tank. I still haven't decided if I want to replace Hydra yet. :D

Oh well pictures are required then

• Like 1