Cultivated Reef

DT's ADA 60F Shallow Reef

daletu

awesome fish man. best of luck.

I hear a lot of good things about seattle, believe it or not. and it looks like you've already planned to make a nice dent in visiting majority of the islands already!

Thanks!

There are a lot of outdoor activities you can do here through out the year but no nice warm ocean! I love ocean! Haha.

Wait, you're retired already? No way! ;)

No. But people are very laid back here so feels like retired! Haha.

• Like 1

California ocean sucks compared to Hawaii's. :(

Ocean here is super cold! (about 45-55 throughout the year) I got my scuba diving license here and hate go into water except when I want some fresh dungeness crabs. Haha.

• Like 2

You suck!! Jk, have you tried kelps/other kinds of macro algae? Surprisingly, I was eating at a veggie restaurant and they had those, tried it, very crispy! Lol.

Oh yea! They are pretty good! A lot of vegetarian restaurant have kelps.

• Like 1

Well,I'm glad to see you didn't completely shoot down my recommendation for a mandarin lol

Haha. Thanks! Yea it was either six line wrasse or spotted mandarin, since my friend can provide me pods and six line may be too aggressive so I decide to get the mandarin. :)

Hey is this the same Dale Tu that takes pics of the most beautiful women?

Haha... I know there is another Dale Tu in CA who takes party/women pictures but I am in WA and take mostly commercial photos. :)

• Like 1

Haha... I know there is another Dale Tu in CA who takes party/women pictures but I am in WA and take wedding and commercial photos. :)

Wow whata coincidence it must drive clients insane trying to find you out through Google. But anyways beautiful tank!!!

• Like 2

He almost had me fooled ahah.

Hahaha... I always knew there is another Dale Tu in CA who takes party and model photography and he is pretty famous I guess. I actually have received an email from an engaged couple in CA asked me to take portraits for them. They said they have met me in a club but I have never been to any club in CA. Haha

Do you know Sergio mottola ?

Yea. I know him, he is a great photographer but I have never met him in person.

• Like 1

Hahaha... I always knew there is another Dale Tu in CA who takes party and model photography and he is pretty famous I guess. I actually have received an email from an engaged couple in CA asked me to take portraits for them. They said they have met me in a club but I have never been to any club in CA. Haha

Lololol dale tu's. There could only be that many of them being famous ahah.

• Like 1

Yea. I know him, he is a great photographer but I have never met him in person.

Yeah, he's awesome. Haven't spoken to him in years but have always followed his blog. My wedding photographer, Gabe aceves, I think also used to live in Washington.

• Like 2

Yeah, he's awesome. Haven't spoken to him in years but have always followed his blog. My wedding photographer, Gabe aceves, I think also used to live in Washington.

Nice! I just checked out Gabe aceves' website! Great photography too!

I don't do wedding anymore, too much pressure! Haha... I admire other wedding photographers who can do it for such a long time.

• Like 1

I don't do wedding anymore, too much pressure! Haha... I admire other wedding photographers who can do it for such a long time.

Now you're just running a shop and doing extra photography work on the side. Sounds like your life has only gotten better. ;)

• Like 1

The crazy thing is, he uses 100% film. So nerve wracking that our film rolls would get lost when he had to send them across the country to a lab lol

• Like 2

Now you're just running a shop and doing extra photography work on the side. Sounds like your life has only gotten better. ;)

Hahaha... yea. I do mostly commercial photography now, like food, building, house, yacht...etc.

The crazy thing is, he uses 100% film. So nerve wracking that our film rolls would get lost when he had to send them across the country to a lab lol

Wow. I didn't know he uses only film. I was just going to say his photos have really nice soft colors! No wonder why! That's awesome!

I think memory cards are even more scary! You don't know when it will fail! I've had a memory card fail before but luckily I was using 1D so it holds 2 memory cards and kept another copy in another card. Haha

• Like 1