Cultivated Reef

DT's ADA 60F Shallow Reef

daletu

Miguel Burguete

Yea. You are right. Better think of some creative ways to do a sump with ADA pipes, may require some modification to the tank or pipes too. :D

For now you don't even have to think about it because things are growing and developing just fine and the appearance is fabulous.

• Like 1

For now you don't even have to think about it because things are growing and developing just fine and the appearance is fabulous.

:D Thanks! I do hope I won't need it in the future.

I finally got a couple photos of the Orchid Dottyback! I also think it is time to take some photos of the corals and do some growth and color updates.

This guy is shy and moves fast. It's hard to get good shots of him without spending time in front of the tank.

140116-03.jpg

140116-04.jpg

Swissguard is getting used to me and can take food from me directly. Some improvement there.

140116-02.jpg

This guy looks much better than the first day I got him, it's now fatten up but still has a long way to go.

140116-01.jpg

Just got this Splatter Yellow Hammer couple days ago, one of the only two LPS corals in my tank.

140116-05.jpg

Zoanthids from "buddythelion". Colors are still nice and more heads popping out now.

140116-06.jpg

The orange ricordea has already split into two and this green one is still working on it.

140116-11.jpg

Tyree True Monti undata is growing well and has already over grown disc onto rock now.

140116-09.jpg

Purple Green Acro is showing lighter blue/purple at tips but the base is still kind of brownish. Anyone know why?

140116-08.jpg

Blue Matrix Acro is coloring up really nice! Finally seeing its blue color and it has unique yellow color inside the tips.

140116-10.jpg

Raspberry Lemonade Acro is one of my favorite now. I really like its pink tips and green base.

140116-07.jpg

• Like 7

You sir are talented. Now post one of those teasers of the FW. They are rediculous. :D

Thanks Dave. Will post one. Just one. The rest is for you to use. Hahaha... :D

One SEXY Nanobox! Not intended to be on my 30C though. It will be relocated to a new 60F planted project. ;)

(Please ignore the over growth in the tank, need to trim some plants off for the new tank. Haha..)

Thanks Dave again for your amazing craftsmanship! Nanobox is definitely a top notch light!

140116-06.jpg

• Like 5

Those pics doe !!! Awesome photography man. The rics look amazing.

You're not dosing anything are you ?

Thanks! :)

I do. I dose Korallen-Zucht ZEOvit Nano Power, all 4 bottles in the package, one drop each per week.

Guess what I found in my mailbox today! IAPLC result book from Japan. I've been waiting for this for a looong time! It's finally here. 357 out of 2164 entries in the world. Haha... I am still happy! I guess that's not too bad for such a small tank. :huh:

140116-12.jpg

140116-13.jpg

• Like 10

This is my new favorite thread to check up on... When pictures are involved. :D

Glad to see the zoas doing well! You got some crazy skirts on those Hawaiian Sunsets.

• Like 1

This is my new favorite thread to check up on... When pictures are involved. :D

Glad to see the zoas doing well! You got some crazy skirts on those Hawaiian Sunsets.

Thanks man! Hawaiian Sunsets is coloring up much better than the Hyper Phoenix. Do you know why? What do I do wrong? Any color that's similar to red and orange are fading a little, not as vivid as before. Green, blue, purple, yellow are coloring up better.

I'm not sure, the Hypers have been very hardy for us. The ones in my display were not picky at all and just exploded in growth. I had them around low-medium lighting like you. But if they're growing well, I'd leave them and they might shift back to the red coloration.

• Like 1

I'm not sure, the Hypers have been very hardy for us. The ones in my display were not picky at all and just exploded in growth. I had them around low-medium lighting like you. But if they're growing well, I'd leave them and they might shift back to the red coloration.

It has two more babies pop out since I got it from you, is this considered good growth? I think it might be the lighting issue. Not just the Hyper Phoenix, all other corals with red color are fading more toward orange now. I will need to do more lighting research.

great photos as always!

Thank you Ninja! :)

Very nice! All the corals look good, but the Undata and Raspberry are just fantastic.

Thank you! :)

Your pictures are awesome! The hammer looks beyond bright!

Thank you! Yea. The hammer is on farther end of tank, with high percentage of blue color light (most other color channels are in the middle), so it just glow! :D

Congrats on your iaplc placement, the dedication to do a real fw aquascape makes saltwater look like a cake walk... we complain about the frequency of glass cleaning with salt but that pales in comparison to meticulously trimming all the plants that grow like wild fire in a planted lol. I admire your dedication to multiple tanks.

• Like 1

Very nice. Do you have a thread on a FW plant forum somewhere?

Thank you Jay. I am not on any FW plant forum so no thread, but if you go to 2nd page of this thread you will be able to see the progress photos.

Congrats on your iaplc placement, the dedication to do a real fw aquascape makes saltwater look like a cake walk... we complain about the frequency of glass cleaning with salt but that pales in comparison to meticulously trimming all the plants that grow like wild fire in a planted lol. I admire your dedication to multiple tanks.

Thank you hey. You are right. Most people think planted tank is easy but it actually is not when you go full planted. It's PIA to maintain and also hard to grow healthy plants. One tiny thing out of balance, you see algae everywhere! Constant trimming plants and let them grow frequently is one way to battle algae.

I'm starting a planted tank. Gonna visit the ADA store this weekend.

I hate you

:)

That's great! One more person go planted! Success! Hahaha... :D Let us know the progress!

You are lucky to have ADA store around. A lot of us pay premium for shipping!