Innovative Marine Aquariums

Ninja's 12g PicO S III ~ Tank Leaking Taking it Down ~

ninjamyst

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Much easier to take pictures of dogs. I have more control of the lighting. It's all about the light...

Our last foster was 9 yrs old and had to have all his teeth extracted too. He was 10x happier after the dental. His tongue stuck out all the time too, but was still very cute.

You are probably referring to the octo frogspawn. I love it. Also, that's a Pieces of Reef from PEA. It's a little more expensive than their zoa bouquets but you get a lot more polyps, and it's all nicely laid out on live rock already. If I get another tank, I plan to just buy 2-3 Piece of Reef and call it a day. They have some with mixture of mushrooms and lps and zoas. They just updated their stock too. Check them out. Such a good value:

http://www.pacificeastaquaculture.com/Pieces-of-the-Reef-Live-Corals-For-Sale-LPS-and-Soft-Corals-Prodlist.html

Yeah, just looked last night actually.

Yeah, just looked last night actually.

look into the premium membership too! 10% off regular price and you get to pick a free frag worth $29.99. And the membership is only $24.99. So win-win!

What kind of camera are you using? And lenses? And how much total?? I'm looking to save up for a nice camera.

Nikon D7000 ($1100). I have more lens than I should or need. Price is what I paid. They are obviously lower now.

Nikon 35mm f1.8 ($200)

Nikon 85mm f1.8 ($500)

Nikon 10-24mm ($500)

Nikon 24-120mm f4 ($1200)

Nikon 70-300mm ($400)

Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 ($400)

Tamron 60mm f2.0 macro ($300)

Sigma 50mm f2.8 macro ($150)

You can grab an used or refurb Nikon D5100 or Canon T2i for $300ish. Lens is where you will spend all your money.

That mini colony of palys is fantastic!

This is Mooshu, my youngest. His mom was a rescue, and he was born in a foster home. Complete jerk. Pissed in my shoe a few days ago. He's lucky he's cute.

8759996489_22abc3a211_c.jpg

I love all your pups, but I could just stare into Mooshu's eyes forever. :wub:

Which lens do you prefer the most for a minimalist guy? the tamron 60mm. and Nikon 105mm f2.8 ($900)?

Nikon 105mm f2.8. You will have no regrets. And a tripod

If you ever need some puppy pics to brighten up your day, here are some of my fav pics of all the foster puppies / adults we had over the past few years =)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40199713@N03/sets/72157633534952903/

That mini colony of palys is fantastic!

Look Gena, Mooshu has that crimped hair look on the front. I'm with you on those eyes. I've always watched for the Havanese in the dog shows on tv. One of my favorites. I like dogs w/ fur.

I think I want to live at your house! :D

Ha! We had 7 dogs here once. Small condo, less than 1,000 sq ft. Now, we only take in 1-2 at most.

adorable. I'm very partial when it comes to black and white dogs w/ my particolored cocker Hagen.

The rescue group we work with has a sister rescue group that's mostly focused on cocker spaniels. This is their website: http://www.freedomrescue.org/ . If you ever want a second dog, check them out. They have foster homes all over midwest and east coast. The founder is in Ohio, and she usually takes care of pregnant moms. If you are interested in a Havanese, they rescued a pregnant mom last weekend that's due in a week or so =).

Ha! We had 7 dogs here once. Small condo, less than 1,000 sq ft. Now, we only take in 1-2 at most.

The rescue group we work with has a sister rescue group that's mostly focused on cocker spaniels. This is their website: http://www.freedomrescue.org/ . If you ever want a second dog, check them out. They have foster homes all over midwest and east coast. The founder is in Ohio, and she usually takes care of pregnant moms. If you are interested in a Havanese, they rescued a pregnant mom last weekend that's due in a week or so =).

Down the line, my boy is only 4 and he's home alone now that he can't babysit my husband. I hate leaving him at home by himself but we have our routine, he knows I'll come home, but being single I can't imagine down the line having to potty train. I'll get an older dog when I do. But for now I have many more loving years to go w/ my sweet loving boy.

Yea, I stopped using the life net cuz I have no fish right now. I think you may still be able to use it, but it wont be flush with the top of the tank anymore. It will be resting on the part of the arm that attaches to the glass. If you are good with DIY, you can probably make a cut out in the life net to fit the arm.

I will get some pics for you this weekend of the mount I have now. The whole light is pretty sweet. I LOVE the cloud feature. It's silly but I just love it. My AI Nano had a similar feature before but I never used it. The one on the storm controller is much better because it only dims the whites so every now and then, the complete tank glows in actinic. Crazy popping colors.

Did you get your light mounted ? I am definitely ordering a light by the end of the week and I am still trying to decide on the Nanobox...

Did you get your light mounted ? I am definitely ordering a light by the end of the week and I am still trying to decide on the Nanobox...

nope, the second arm mount is not here yet. I can still get you pics of the other side that is mounted if you want.

nope, the second arm mount is not here yet. I can still get you pics of the other side that is mounted if you want.

Yeah, that would be awesome... any kind of close up shots of the light and how it is mounted to the tank and how the arm attaches to the actual light would be great.

My order from MyReefToYours and Saltcritters came Friday. Lots of goodies =). I still have to rearrange everything but below are my zoa garden in progress. It's all just kind of thrown together right now, but I plan to make a crescent shape around the ricordea tree.

Magicians. I love how short the stalks are. I like matty zoas. And check out that little baby on top. 4 polyps + baby for $18.95. I <3 MyReefToYours.com

10936847845_ba71301bf7_c.jpg

My Yellow Clownfaces (I made that name up cuz I dont know what they are...)

10936902996_31b46b5dc6_c.jpg

Green Lanterns and new Orange Harlequins (I made that up too =P and I think they are related to my Yellow Clownface)

10936987174_2f4c616aa4_c.jpg

Top down view. I got some blue zoas with green blotches too. Hard to tell here but they are in the lower right corner. One day, I will ID or make up names for all my zoas =P.

10936843455_0261b73884_c.jpg

I also got more SPS. Unfortunately, I placed both orders 1.5 weeks ago and since then, I discovered STN at the base of my pink birdsnest. Nitrate: 0, calcium: 450, alk: 8.4, so it's probably from lack of flow. I tried dropping in a Koralia Nano 425 but my frogspawn and alveopora did not like that much flow. So I have a Nano 240 coming in tomorrow. I hope that will stop the STN on my pink birdsnest. I love that guy. I need to get better pics of my SPS mountain but here's a green digi from MyReefToYours.

Rock-n-Roll!

10877841525_07c442c8f6_c.jpg

Archived