inTank Media Baskets

Ninja's 12g PicO S III ~ Tank Leaking Taking it Down ~

ninjamyst

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ask in the coral forum if you should do something like Revive or Coral Rx and make sure you did a water change after some melted.

My torch died tonight. 2 days of blackout and 2 weeks of crappy light claimed its first victim. Nothing in the tank changed. One head started melting last night and came home to half the head all gone. Not sure if i should just throw the rest away or see if it will recover.

Sorry :(.

As long as it's not a brown jelly infection, I would try to see if it will recover.

Busy busy busy weekend =).

• Torch lost entire head and smelled rancid so I had to throw it out.
  • Lots of goodies from PacificEastAquaculture. 2 birdsnests, a mixed zoa rock, a couple of acan frags, and a white/teal alveopora. Will write up a review soon. They are GREAT
  • New light from Nanobox arrived. AMAZING. Coral colors are popping so much more than AI Nano. SOOOOO impressed. Will write up a review soon.
  • Picked up tailspot blenny and pom-pom crab from LFS.

Took a couple of quick snapshots. Will take more next weekend after I rearrange all the new frags. Everything is on the sand bed to acclimate them to the new light.

Piece of Reef Zoa rock from PEA. 4 colonies of different zoas. Pink, green, orange, all sorts of colors! It's missing a couple of yellow polyps that was in their posting though...I wonder what happened to them....=(

10392718556_476705d4b0_c.jpg

Green birdsnest. Great polyp extension already. A magenta birdnest is in the back and it's very good size. Will get a picture of the magenta one soon. Very impressed with PEA.

10392688295_41fb9817f3_c.jpg

Tailspot blenny has decided to "host" my ricordea tree. He's been there all day. He has this little white patches on his body. It's not ich. I hope it's just stress and will go away soon.

10392720756_495afb22b2_c.jpg

This is actually an older zoa frag from SaltCritters. Always wanted to take a decent pic of it, but for some reason it's very hard to get the colors right. It has yellow skirts with yellow rings. One of my fav zoa. Not sure what the "official" name is.

10392688544_26ef46ab36_c.jpg

Looking great. Beautiful birdsnest. I'd like a green one too. One day I'd also like to get a clam from there maybe. Happy most of all that you have a light again. Filling it up fast! So addicting, isn't it. So, do tell, what's your plan for an upgrade because I know in your mind you've already had to have been thinking about it. I'm still going to keep this little one going. It's too cute not to keep it up and I already will have to make water for my 34 anyway.

Really nice pics. And you know what looked salmon colored under the Kessil? Those zoas that we bought that during the day look like nothing. With the blue on the pink came out. But they're not going in the Kessil tank anyway, just thought I'd let you know.

So, do tell, what's your plan for an upgrade because I know in your mind you've already had to have been thinking about it. I'm still going to keep this little one going. It's too cute not to keep it up and I already will have to make water for my 34 anyway.

Haha. I have been thinking about an upgrade. My condo is too small, but hopefully in a few years when we move, I am getting the 45G Artisan II Shallow Reef System Limited Edition fromm CadLights. I love shallow tanks. Hopefully CadLights will still carry that in a couple of years. If not, I will go for the Deep Blue 30G shallow tank.

Really nice pics. And you know what looked salmon colored under the Kessil? Those zoas that we bought that during the day look like nothing. With the blue on the pink came out. But they're not going in the Kessil tank anyway, just thought I'd let you know.

I see a little bit of pink under blue lights. It's still not that great. I got another zoa frag from saltcritters a week ago and it still hasn't opened up yet. But another zoa frag from the same shipment been open since day 1. Zoas are just moody I guess.

I may have missed this but how have you liked the filter set up in the back space wise and ease use?

Great design. PicO comes with built-in media basket. I have filter pad on top, followed by Chemi-Pure Elite, then Purigen. I have a heater in the first chamber. ATO return in the 3rd chamber. Chris even made little cutouts for wires and stuff so the lid stays on flush.

I love your photos. :wub:

I think those white spots will come and go.....like a camouflage when they are feeling stressed. He probably didn't like getting his picture taken. He's really cute!

ninjamyst- you have colors so real and spectacular (ok, another Seinfeld episode). And you have a really nice shimmer goin' on as well. Well, you know, it's Fall so they fell off the tree. You have a beautiful selection. And that large head of acan is somethin' else.

This is AMAZING! What a gem you have here. :wub:

I just noticed the toilet paper roll. What's going on there? :lol:

he just said, it's a video DUMP!!! H ah aha ha ah. gotta wipe. :P

This is AMAZING! What a gem you have here. :wub:

I just noticed the toilet paper roll. What's going on there? :lol:

The light is too heavy =P. Dave is making me another arm for the other side. For now, the toilet paper is a nice and soft cushion.

he just said, it's a video DUMP!!! H ah aha ha ah. gotta wipe. :P

hahaha

Wow, I can actually see more colors from these rics under the new Nanobox leds. I suggest that you hang the lights though. That toilet paper stance doesn't look right.... :D

Looking good , keep the updates coming

Wow, I can actually see more colors from these rics under the new Nanobox leds. I suggest that you hang the lights though. That toilet paper stance doesn't look right.... :D
I thought the TP might have been a tribute to nylons old crapper thread

The light is too heavy =P. Dave is making me another arm for the other side. For now, the toilet paper is a nice and soft cushion.

hahaha

Annette :lol:

And absorbent. :lol:

It will look great with an additional arm. It's a nice looking light fixture.

Archived