Coral Vue Hydros

Ninja's 12g PicO S III ~ Tank Leaking Taking it Down ~

ninjamyst

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stunning! The red and purple zoos toward the left look exactly like mine. May I ask where you got them from?

The kedd reds are from MyReefToYours.com . The purple one I really dont remember. I think they came as a mystery coral from Saltcritters =P.

I added a Koralia Nano 240 in the back of the tank today to get more flow for my SPS. My LPS got PISSED. My frogspawns receded right away. I spent all night fudging with the flow and moving things around. I had to dismantle my zoa garden and put them where my frogspawn was. My unglued rics flew everywhere. Hopefully, everything opens up tomorrow. Having a shallow mixed reef tank is so frustrating. I should have just stuck with LPS and softies =P.

The kedd reds are from MyReefToYours.com . The purple one I really dont remember. I think they came as a mystery coral from Saltcritters =P.

I added a Koralia Nano 240 in the back of the tank today to get more flow for my SPS. My LPS got PISSED. My frogspawns receded right away. I spent all night fudging with the flow and moving things around. I had to dismantle my zoa garden and put them where my frogspawn was. My unglued rics flew everywhere. Hopefully, everything opens up tomorrow. Having a shallow mixed reef tank is so frustrating. I should have just stuck with LPS and softies =P.

Wow...sounds like a lot of un-fun work. I bet it looks great though. :)

I hope everything is happy today!!!!

I really like you ninja. Just saw your post in that up-and-coming controversial thread. :lol:

thanks =). I am not some hardcore environmentalist; I dont grow my own veggies or bike to work or conserve running water. But I do have common sense, and I try to be a decent person =P.

thanks =). I am not some hardcore environmentalist; I dont grow my own veggies or bike to work or conserve running water. But I do have common sense, and I try to be a decent person =P.

Unfortunately common sense is pretty rare these days. ;)

:wub: beautiful choice of corals!

The lps flowy upper right just has that look like fireworks just exploded. Love it.

Thanks! A lot has changed since that FTS. That "fireworks" torch was lost during the Great Blackout of October 2013 =(. Gonna try and get a new FTS today. I do miss having flowing LPS.

So I was gonna just take a FTS, but it turned out horrible because the glass near the sandbed is so filthy. I should just credit card it, but I am trying really hard to not put my hand in the tank everyday. So I settled for just some random pics...

Dismantled zoa garden and put most of them along the edge of the branch rock. I started glueing small frags to the rock hoping it will one day fill up one branch.
11059305185_2cd94a9c17_c.jpg

Ricordea tree
11059418934_f34dfc5954_c.jpg

Ricordea tree top down. I need to bring that yellow one up front. It keeps sliding further and further back.
11059457913_44b84bdd58_c.jpg

Some of my SPS and GSP in the back. I hope the GSP spreads all over the back wall.

11059420074_6874cefcca_c.jpg

Acan corner

11059428374_4a22438508_c.jpg

Those are some of the best pics I've ever seen of ricordea, you're making it look easy. Agree with you on the yellow, it's so bright, just what you need more upfront. All your pics are crisp, clean. Tell me how the credit card works, might be something I try on my nano, just like you towards the bottom of the sandbed.

Those are some of the best pics I've ever seen of ricordea, you're making it look easy. Agree with you on the yellow, it's so bright, just what you need more upfront. All your pics are crisp, clean. Tell me how the credit card works, might be something I try on my nano, just like you towards the bottom of the sandbed.

I just read to use credit card to scrape the glass near the bottom to get rid of algae. Gonna try it this weekend =).

bought a Fluval Spec V today at Petco.com. $80 + 20% off. This will be my poor man's 60F for LPS and softies...and nems.

Congrats! How many gallons is that???

I want the zoas smack in the center, yellow and blue. They are purdy. :)

Congrats! How many gallons is that???

I want the zoas smack in the center, yellow and blue. They are purdy. :)

5 gallons. It's long and narrow, perfect for my kitchen countertop. I get to look at one side while I am on my computer and the other side while I am doing dishes.

I will frag you a couple of polpys when they start growing....and when I learn how to frag zoas =P

5 gallons. It's long and narrow, perfect for my kitchen countertop. I get to look at one side while I am on my computer and the other side while I am doing dishes.

I will frag you a couple of polpys when they start growing....and when I learn how to frag zoas =P

A pico! :happydance:

Awesome! I'm still nervous when I frag zoas and palys. I've not tried it with the matting type of zoa, only some palys that were individually attached to the rocks. That was easy as pie with my scalpel. :)

Archived