Cultivated Reef

Ninja's 12g PicO S III ~ Tank Leaking Taking it Down ~

ninjamyst

What's your lighting schedule? Seems like the intensities are set a bit too high because it's so darn bright in the video lol. :)

Yea, not sure why the camera is showing so bright in the middle. I am only on 25% white, 27% blue, and 31% royal. 10am to 10pm with 7 hours sunrise and 3 hours sunset so only 2 hours of max intensity.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see. Well I would do the blues at 31%, royal and whites at 25% for max intensities for a more 14k-15k look. Makes the florida rics color pop more imo.

I see. Well I would do the blues at 31%, royal and whites at 25% for max intensities for a more 14k-15k look. Makes the florida rics color pop more imo.

My AI Nano just died so I guess it won't matter now...FML

My AI Nano just died so I guess it won't matter now...FML

Are you sure its the fixture & not the power supply ? One of my Vega power supplies crapped out , about 3 weeks after buying the light.

How do you like your rodi?

PS I think you have a ricordea problem and hope the light gets fixed soon

It's a small portable RODI. Only 3 stages. I love it cuz I live in a small condo and my wife will kill me if I have that thing out all the time in our guest bathroom. I am able to store it under the sink and take it out when needed. If you have space, I would get a bigger 4 or 5 stages one.

And yes, I have a ricordea problem. In my defense, they are colorful, cheap, hardy, and peaceful. Those 4 attributes are hard to come by in the reefing world.

It's a small portable RODI. Only 3 stages. I love it cuz I live in a small condo and my wife will kill me if I have that thing out all the time in our guest bathroom. I am able to store it under the sink and take it out when needed. If you have space, I would get a bigger 4 or 5 stages one.

And yes, I have a ricordea problem. In my defense, they are colorful, cheap, hardy, and peaceful. Those 4 attributes are hard to come by in the reefing world.

Agreed, ricordeas are very addicting, especially when they grow. But I have the space for a bigger rodi, but not the money. My friend has it and likes it as well. So I think I found my solution. I have a number for a doctor that deals with coral addictions if you want

Agreed, ricordeas are very addicting, especially when they grow. But I have the space for a bigger rodi, but not the money. My friend has it and likes it as well. So I think I found my solution. I have a number for a doctor that deals with coral addictions if you want

BRS 4 Stage is only $130

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/brs-4-stage-value-ro-di-system-75gpd.html

Mine is $120

https://www.afwfilters.com/portable-ro-systems/mikro-omega-3-stage-portable-aquarium-rodi-system-with-75-gpd-membrane-212.html

I also looked into this for $120. They sometimes have sales.

http://www.airwaterice.com/product/1MMDI/Mighty-Mite-50GPD-with-DI-Added.html

Great video!!! You are so lucky your torch behaves. Mine was ruthless with it's neighbors.

Sorry about the light!

I am scared he will go mobster on me one night and kill off all the zoas on that rock. My frogspawn had a cuddle session with one of the rics, and I had to move him further away from the tree.

• 2 weeks later...

The tank looks beautiful, ninjamyst! LOVE the Ricordea. Any future SPS plans? I think that a few SPS pieces would look great in your tank :)

Thanks! I actually have a green birdnest and pink birdnest frags from PacificEastAquaculture coming this Saturday. Sooo excited. I am kind of rushing into things, but so far things seem stable. My duo nanobox light should be coming this week too. My corals look so horrible now with just a single strip of $50 Marineland LEDs =(.

Just an FYI I had that same 2 little fishes magnet and it eventually rusted out on me. One day it noticed the flexible magnet side was swollen and upon investigation the internal magnet was completely rusted. May not want to leave it in the tank all the time.

Tank looks great BTW.

Just an FYI I had that same 2 little fishes magnet and it eventually rusted out on me. One day it noticed the flexible magnet side was swollen and upon investigation the internal magnet was completely rusted. May not want to leave it in the tank all the time.

Tank looks great BTW.

Thanks for mentioning that. I was wondering what was on my magnet and now I realize it was reddish. Just took mine out. Have to get something different.

Tank looks great BTW.

what would you recommend? a quick google search shows this is common with the nanomag. =(

IMO get one of those sponge cleaners with the huge arms and multiple attachments, like a scraper or something. Great for daily cleans. :)

I LOVE your tank BTW, one of my new favs :)

The old school mag float type scrapper are very well sealed. I use one of those and a plastic blade scraper for the low gravel section.

Those pics of your firefish are amazing...all your pics are amazing actually. Hmm...must be the camera... ;) jk...very nice tank...makes me wanna get a firefish and a bunch of rics. :)

Can't wait to see that tailspot blenny....hopefully he doesn't hide like your firefish. I'm also planning to get one and hear they are awesome.

My torch died tonight. 2 days of blackout and 2 weeks of crappy light claimed its first victim. Nothing in the tank changed. One head started melting last night and came home to half the head all gone. Not sure if i should just throw the rest away or see if it will recover.

Archived