SaltCritters.com

Ninja's 12g PicO S III ~ Tank Leaking Taking it Down ~

ninjamyst

Since I have so may Rics I have to occasionally cut the crowns off to prevent stinging other corals. I've never had any negative reactions in the tank to a sliced Ric, but it's possible.

Frogspawn is usually the hardiest of the Euphyllias. I'd expect the Torch to melt first if something was out of whack, but you never know.

A water change and sufficient GAC for a day or two should help. Don't give up on the Frogspawn, since even a small amount of tissue can regrow if conditions are good.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I pissed it off when I was moving my Koralia 425 around and blasted it for a second. It still look the same as 3 days ago. I think it will bounce back.

It probably will bounce back, just needs time. I've killed a frogspawn before from having it in too much/direct flow, so check and be sure that its not getting blasted. (Sometimes it's not obvious until you look at the base of the polyp where it attaches to the skeleton to see if there is any tearing, Another easy way to tell is if it looks like the edge of the skeleton is pressing through the flesh from it being blown against it)

Moved my ricordeas to the bonsai tree. I accidentally messed up 2 of them pretty bad. Let's hope they recover. Ricordea + glue = messy slimy job. Also got a new frogspawn. I just love Reefwise's LPS frags. $21 for multiple heads. CRAZY!

I need more fish. My firefish is never out; may take him back to LFS soon. Need some movement in my tank. Going to pick up a tailspot blenny in a week or two. Then will add a clown a few weeks later.

Ricordea tree

10009707834_3c33245076_c.jpg

My first frogspawn is doing great!

10009831523_27ee89f3c8_c.jpg

My new frogspawn. Love this kind of frogspawn!!

10009709564_f25e35023b_c.jpg

New FTS

10009773106_b98c2bd0ea_c.jpg

Sickkkkk!!! Can't wait for more to cover up to the top.

Aquascapers has a 11 rics for $100. So tempted to get them but still not sure if rics can handle that much light being up there =P.

The rics on the tree are amazing- boy they look awesome. If anyone needs to question the beauty of Saltcritters $10 rics, well, there ya go.

They really are awesome. Went to another LFS yesterday, and they were selling small single mouth rics for $20. HA!

That bonsai tree looks amazing. Don't get pissed if I steal your idea in my upcming build ;)

Yeah, ditto here, like that idea- very unique. I'm thinking about it and that bark on that tree will thicken up as they split, you may not even have to put them so close together. I noticed I put like 1/2 inch of space between mine, in a few wks they were already all touching each other as they grow and ripple. Now I'm giving an inch the next time around.

That bonsai tree looks amazing. Don't get pissed if I steal your idea in my upcoming build ;)

Thanks! I stole the whole vidarock idea from someone else with a PicO III and bonsai =P.

Yeah, ditto here, like that idea- very unique. I'm thinking about it and that bark on that tree will thicken up as they split, you may not even have to put them so close together. I noticed I put like 1/2 inch of space between mine, in a few wks they were already all touching each other as they grow and ripple. Now I'm giving an inch the next time around.

Yea, I definitely put them too close since I glued them when they were all shriveled up and pissed off at me. Maybe I can move some to the top.

Thanks! I stole the whole vidarock idea from someone else with a PicO III and bonsai =P.

Yea, I definitely put them too close since I glued them when they were all shriveled up and pissed off at me. Maybe I can move some to the top.

some may even unglue themselves after a little while- how awesome, we'll definitely have to see more. That tree is golden, magical already though. It would be cool to have maybe some kind of spreading coral like a montipora capricornis on top? I don't know, but nothing invasive like gsp.

Yeah, that's what I would do. My rica grows pretty fast and giving them a little room to grow and flex there muscles could make them a little happier. All in all, idea is stolen. No hard filling ;)

Thanks! I stole the whole vidarock idea from someone else with a PicO III and bonsai =P. Yea, I definitely put them too close since I glued them when they were all shriveled up and pissed off at me. Maybe I can move some to the top.
That means that we are all good then ;)

Now I need good source for ricas?.......

Now I need good source for ricas?.......

Aquascapers (expensive but oh so colorful)

Saltcritters (cheap cheap cheap and good quality...80% of mine are from Saltcritters. Catch them on sale and it's less than $8 per ric SHIPPED)

Made a quick video of the tank =). Everything is doing well. The frogspawn that I thought I lost is recovering. The torch suddenly receded to its skeleton a few hours after taking the video but is now slowly opening up again. Moody guy.

Saltcritters had another sale today. Picked up 3 more rics, yuma, rock anemone, acan, and red zoa frag. I almost placed another order for 4 more rics but someone beat me to it. I am actually glad...tree is running out of room =P.

Archived