Innovative Marine Aquariums

Ninja's 12g PicO S III ~ Tank Leaking Taking it Down ~

ninjamyst

I see...Well, if you can, try to look for snowflakes at your lfs for $35. It happens at mine from time to time. I recently got a semi/full picasso for $35.

Yea, a LFS has picasso today for $35. I was so tempted. Not sure how I am gonna be able to leave my tank fallow for 10 weeks....

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea, a LFS has picasso today for $35. I was so tempted. Not sure how I am gonna be able to leave my tank fallow for 10 weeks....

What?? Really?? Oh man, you should take a picture next time for us viewers. :)

10 weeks isn't all too bad. Just get more florida rics while you're at it. ;)

With my fish dying, I decided to test my water. I have neglected testing water for the past month and a half. When my tank first cycled, nitrate was almost 20, and I would test nitrate every week. It stayed 15-20 for awhile, and I told myself to keep up my water changes and stop testing and chasing after 0 nitrate. Let nature do its thing. I am glad to say that nitrate is 0 right now according to API test B). I target feed my corals twice a week with nutramar ova, freeze dried cyclopeeze, and coral frenzy. I fed my fish everyday...when I had fish. I am surprised nitrate is not higher. Having 0 fish probably helps......

10 weeks isn't all too bad. Just get more florida rics while you're at it. ;)

I may get 10 - 15 more next weekend...haha. I decided to cover the base with rics and yumas too.

With my fish dying, I decided to test my water. I have neglected testing water for the past month and a half. When my tank first cycled, nitrate was almost 20, and I would test nitrate every week. It stayed 15-20 for awhile, and I told myself to keep up my water changes and stop testing and chasing after 0 nitrate. Let nature do its thing. I am glad to say that nitrate is 0 right now according to API test B). I target feed my corals twice a week with nutramar ova, freeze dried cyclopeeze, and coral frenzy. I fed my fish everyday...when I had fish. I am surprised nitrate is not higher. Having 0 fish probably helps......

I may get 10 - 15 more next weekend...haha. I decided to cover the base with rics and yumas too.

Give them space to grow out and they'll be even more beautiful. I worry about you getting too much in there.

Give them space to grow out and they'll be even more beautiful. I worry about you getting too much in there.

Haha me too. Those 10 - 15 aren't all for me. My friend who dropped off the QT tank saw my rics and wanted to get some. So I told him I will order him a bunch next time I place an order with Saltcritters =). I am also giving him some zoa frags that I dont really like to clear up some more room.

Haha me too. Those 10 - 15 aren't all for me. My friend who dropped off the QT tank saw my rics and wanted to get some. So I told him I will order him a bunch next time I place an order with Saltcritters =). I am also giving him some zoa frags that I dont really like to clear up some more room.

Yeah, I know you saw the notice for the sale. I'm not in a spot to get anything still right now. Can't do anything w/ the 34 yet.

Sickkkk!! :)

Wonder what yumas you're getting. Things will only get more interesting from here.

Heh, planning on ordering some more rics? Can't wait to see what you get.

What kind of details are you looking for?

I am not 100% sure... I know I will have the life net on my PicO so I am not sure if I can make use of the mount (did you have to stop using yours?)

Also, I was just curious of how the arm is mounted on the tank and how it fastens to the light itself (since their will be one of each side)

Besides that, I would just like to see some closeup shots of the light in general (besides the ones that are already out there)...

Check these out for help. You can always shoot me an email too ;)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nanoboxreef

I am not 100% sure... I know I will have the life net on my PicO so I am not sure if I can make use of the mount (did you have to stop using yours?)

Also, I was just curious of how the arm is mounted on the tank and how it fastens to the light itself (since their will be one of each side)

Besides that, I would just like to see some closeup shots of the light in general (besides the ones that are already there)...

Besides that, I would just like to see some closeup shots of the light in general (besides the ones that are already out there)...

Yea, I stopped using the life net cuz I have no fish right now. I think you may still be able to use it, but it wont be flush with the top of the tank anymore. It will be resting on the part of the arm that attaches to the glass. If you are good with DIY, you can probably make a cut out in the life net to fit the arm.

I will get some pics for you this weekend of the mount I have now. The whole light is pretty sweet. I LOVE the cloud feature. It's silly but I just love it. My AI Nano had a similar feature before but I never used it. The one on the storm controller is much better because it only dims the whites so every now and then, the complete tank glows in actinic. Crazy popping colors.

i am? shit...i need to rethink my entire life now...haha

Lolol, yeah I really thought you were a girl...I mean, your name stands for ninja and myst (as in mysti? from Pokemon? Lolol).

And I could've sworn you said you were a girl in this thread somewhere in the past posts...

Lolol, yeah I really thought you were a girl...I mean, your name stands for ninja and myst (as in mysti? from Pokemon? Lolol).

And I could've sworn you said you were a girl in this thread somewhere in the past posts...

haha....do you have me confused with the pokemon member who kept changing his/her username? I think I mentioned my wife a few times in this thread or other forum posts.

Lmao, you're probably thinking of xXglaceonXx

and quit stalking the new female reefers. It's cool and all that the hobby is being less and less "male dominate" buut leave 'em be. Go hit up girls outside the computer screen homie.

haha....do you have me confused with the pokemon member who kept changing his/her username? I think I mentioned my wife a few times in this thread or other forum posts.

Lol, no....I remember you posting something about you being a female reefkeeper...so yeah. But yes, I do remember that other pokemon member who kept changing his/her name to distinguish between the two of you...lol.

Nope, I didn't see you post anything about the wifey lol.

But anyways, sorry again for calling you a girl haha.

Lmao, you're probably thinking of xXglaceonXx

and quit stalking the new female reefers. It's cool and all that the hobby is being less and less "male dominate" buut leave 'em be. Go hit up girls outside the computer screen homie.

Nah...of course I remember glaceon, but what I was thinking of was pertaining only to ninjamyst lol.

And you got it all wrong...I was never hitting on ninjamyst in the 1st place, never...lol. And also, I've never hit on a girl before on NR...maybe glaceon, but it wasn't really hitting on him or her...it was just friendly talk.

Got a big order coming in this friday. SPS, rics, zoas, and acans. My plans are to expand on my ric tree by laying down more rics and yumas on the bottom of the tree (ric meadow) that lead to a zoa garden and acan garden. SPS will line the right rock.

Future zoa garden and acan garden

10811764174_abbb748d9e_c.jpg

Got this mini colony from Saltcritters awhile back. No name. Been growing alot. The stalks are almost 2 inches long. I didn't know zoas / palys can get that tall.

10811882403_e1b3dcd251_c.jpg

This acan frag been puffing up alot lately. Grow grow grow.

10811630776_6457280079_c.jpg

Sneaking in a few pics of my dogs. I have 3 Havanese, and my wife and I foster rescues alot. My wife is a crazy dog lady....

This is Mooshu, my youngest. His mom was a rescue, and he was born in a foster home. Complete jerk. Pissed in my shoe a few days ago. He's lucky he's cute.

8759996489_22abc3a211_c.jpg

This is Milo, the middle child. Perfect dog. Rescued from the mill when he was 4 months old.

8751539165_a42c36f450_c.jpg

This is Miko, our oldest. He's not very photogenic. Major separation anxiety. Hip problems. And he's a breeder dog from champion line. *sigh*.

3810406956_7446f7e17a_z.jpg

And this is our 2 years old foster right now rescued from the mills last weekend. Dont think he's full Havanese. Very unique chocolate color.

10811870904_330e44a66f_c.jpg

All the dogs look sweet. Gorgeous pics- crisp. My sister in Chicago took in an Italian greyhound like 1 month ago from ROMP. 14 yrs old, needed to live in a happy home it's remaining years. Look up dog name Catdog on the internet- that's her dog now. It lost all it's teeth so it's tongue hangs out the side, but she's such a sweet thing and darn cute. Then she has 2 regular size greyhounds.

Hey, what is that polypy thing to the right of the big red puffy acans? And I LOVE< LOVE LOVE the zoa bouquet. I saw more of those and I really think I want to get some for my rock in the 34.

Damn....talk about mad photography skills.....

Much easier to take pictures of dogs. I have more control of the lighting. It's all about the light...

All the dogs look sweet. Gorgeous pics- crisp. My sister in Chicago took in an Italian greyhound like 1 month ago from ROMP. 14 yrs old, needed to live in a happy home it's remaining years. Look up dog name Catdog on the internet- that's her dog now. It lost all it's teeth so it's tongue hangs out the side, but she's such a sweet thing and darn cute. Then she has 2 regular size greyhounds.

Hey, what is that polypy thing to the right of the big red puffy acans? And I LOVE< LOVE LOVE the zoa bouquet. I saw more of those and I really think I want to get some for my rock in the 34.

Our last foster was 9 yrs old and had to have all his teeth extracted too. He was 10x happier after the dental. His tongue stuck out all the time too, but was still very cute.

You are probably referring to the octo frogspawn. I love it. Also, that's a Pieces of Reef from PEA. It's a little more expensive than their zoa bouquets but you get a lot more polyps, and it's all nicely laid out on live rock already. If I get another tank, I plan to just buy 2-3 Piece of Reef and call it a day. They have some with mixture of mushrooms and lps and zoas. They just updated their stock too. Check them out. Such a good value:

http://www.pacificeastaquaculture.com/Pieces-of-the-Reef-Live-Corals-For-Sale-LPS-and-Soft-Corals-Prodlist.html

Archived