Cultivated Reef

KG's Reef² Coming Down

kguske2

Looks great Kyle. Hey your hornet frag might be getting stung my those hydroids. That white algae on the plugs next to them is hydroids they will sting. You can pull that frag out and scrape them off with a blade. Then a light coating of super glue keeps them from coming back.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks great Kyle. Hey your hornet frag might be getting stung my those hydroids. That white algae on the plugs next to them is hydroids they will sting. You can pull that frag out and scrape them off with a blade. Then a light coating of super glue keeps them from coming back.

####. I have these things on a ton of my frags. I used to scrape them off weekly and they would just reappear. Never knew what they were though

Well what'd you do? :)

To answer your question. Nothing. Do I still have a tank?!

Haven't spent much time at all looking or doing anything except topping off. Life does that sometimes I guess. Once I get off my Gators high from our monster win I may take a picture or two. Need to build a new rock structure to fill in the tank. I know what I want it to look like but can't quite get it right whenever I've tried

To answer your question. Nothing. Do I still have a tank?! Haven't spent much time at all looking or doing anything except topping off. Life does that sometimes I guess. Once I get off my Gators high from our monster win I may take a picture or two. Need to build a new rock structure to fill in the tank. I know what I want it to look like but can't quite get it right whenever I've tried

So don't try. Literally just pick up pieces of rock and start placing them if you don't like it change a few, and keep changing until you have it how you want it. I've never spent more then 15-20 minutes scaping a tank... until the new one and thats only because I am cementing most of it together lol

So don't try. Literally just pick up pieces of rock and start placing them if you don't like it change a few, and keep changing until you have it how you want it. I've never spent more then 15-20 minutes scaping a tank... until the new one and thats only because I am cementing most of it together lol

Yea probably as soon as I stop trying is when I'll get it just right!

The only "good" thing about finding him on the floor, is that you know what happened to him and wont spend forever looking for him or moving stuff in your tank in search.

Can clownfish get depressed after losing their tank mate?
Mine did it looked lost for weeks. So I bought a new one and it bullied for a few days then they were always together.

Can clownfish get depressed after losing their tank mate?

I think so. While mine was with my Potters Leopard wrasse and not clowns my female was never the same after my male (they were collected together even...) jumped. She wasn't as active, didn't eat as much, even her colors seemed dull.... just wasn't the same fish really. :(

Mine did it looked lost for weeks. So I bought a new one and it bullied for a few days then they were always together.

I think so. While mine was with my Potters Leopard wrasse and not clowns my female was never the same after my male (they were collected together even...) jumped. She wasn't as active, didn't eat as much, even her colors seemed dull.... just wasn't the same fish really. :(

This is exactly what mine is doing. She doesn't move much from one corner, looks lost all the time. Luckily she still eats as soon as food hits the water. Funny though. She used to try and bite my hand whenever it went in the tank. Now that her man is gone she hides. Not so tough after all :lol:

This is exactly what mine is doing. She doesn't move much from one corner, looks lost all the time. Luckily she still eats as soon as food hits the water. Funny though. She used to try and bite my hand whenever it went in the tank. Now that her man is gone she hides. Not so tough after all :lol:

That sucks but the last part is funny as hell lol

I'd try to find her a new man, hopefully that will cheer her up :)

The only sps I can keep colorful is a green slimer. Hooray! :wacko:

What is your phosphate at?

How long has it been since you dipped them and what did you use (if you dipped.... please tell me you dipped lol)

What is your phosphate at?

How long has it been since you dipped them and what did you use (if you dipped.... please tell me you dipped lol)

Phosphate? Eh Id have to check. In the back of my mind I think it's the reason but I've never checked to confirm.

As for dipping, everything gets dipped in coralrx and FWE before it goes in the tank. How long ago just depends on when I got the frag

Legendary Corals

Almost bought this guy today

49E82425-0273-4626-A555-DF49B10F8BF5.jpg

Decided I should do a little more research before bringing him home

Love these guys! They're not too hard to care for, but they do enjoy hiding in dark areas a lot. Just make sure you have plenty of cave like structures for them.

Phosphate? Eh Id have to check. In the back of my mind I think it's the reason but I've never checked to confirm.

Good possibility especially after how long with no skimmer, and z/ps growing good LOL

As for dipping, everything gets dipped in coralrx and FWE before it goes in the tank. How long ago just depends on when I got the frag

FWE will do 0 for AEFW so its pointless to dip sps in.

Dipping in coralrx could also be a cause of browning out, I know the bottle says you can use it on SPS but I wouldn't.

Sexy anthias, go get it NOW :) lol

Love these guys! They're not too hard to care for, but they do enjoy hiding in dark areas a lot. Just make sure you have plenty of cave like structures for them.

Hmm. Don't have many caves. But I am re scaping. Time to make caves!

Good possibility especially after how long with no skimmer, and z/ps growing good LOL

FWE will do 0 for AEFW so its pointless to dip sps in.

Dipping in coralrx could also be a cause of browning out, I know the bottle says you can use it on SPS but I wouldn't.

Sexy anthias, go get it NOW :) lol

Seriously considering it :)

Going to do a full run of tests on the tank tonight. What should I dip sps in?

Archived