Pod Your Reef

KG's Reef² Coming Down

kguske2

Here's abiding by the TOS that Chris claim require tank pics :lol:

:) Looks good man!

15569964162_ceddaaf478_z.jpg

Are these clementines, they look close but all the pics I see seem to be more orange :wacko:

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's abiding by the TOS that Chris claim require tank pics :lol: Growing nicely 15383119257_a927ce8559_z.jpg:wub:15569965322_3e4649a02c_z.jpg15382493079_9878194ae9_z.jpg15569964162_ceddaaf478_z.jpg Something a little different than usual15383118557_9509fb17cd_z.jpg15566454411_35118eb142_z.jpg
Bring to new page

:) Looks good man! Are these clementines, they look close but all the pics I see seem to be more orange :wacko:
Thanks :) Those are plain old bam bams actually! So got the skimmer running, and I defintely need to raise it higher in the sump. Where it's at even on max setting it overflows within 1 minute. Recommendations?

Really? I thought bambams were oranger... and different... morph??

So got the skimmer running, and I defintely need to raise it higher in the sump. Where it's at even on max setting it overflows within 1 minute. Recommendations?

did you set it to min? lol Max does overflow typically as it is the max water level...

Really? I thought bambams were oranger... and different... morph??

did you set it to min? lol Max does overflow typically as it is the max water level...

Yea mine used to be more orange but morphed a bit. They used to have less of the dark ring before the skirts. And whichever setting is the minimum, (the skimmer overflows faster when the dial is on "min" I've tried everywhere in between. I can pick it up higher and it will work perfectly.

Yea mine used to be more orange but morphed a bit. They used to have less of the dark ring before the skirts. And whichever setting is the minimum, (the skimmer overflows faster when the dial is on "min" I've tried everywhere in between. I can pick it up higher and it will work perfectly.

Ok.... what depth water are you running it in?

To raise them I've always just built a small stand out of eggcrate, pvc, and zip ties. I don't remmeber if you have one of the fancy sumps, but if so you could probably order a sexy frag rack and make it work lol

Ok.... what depth water are you running it in?

To raise them I've always just built a small stand out of eggcrate, pvc, and zip ties. I don't remmeber if you have one of the fancy sumps, but if so you could probably order a sexy frag rack and make it work lol

I do have a synergy reef sump but it's the standard model with no bells and whistles :lol: egg crate would work good. It's in about 10 inches of water right now

I do have a synergy reef sump but it's the standard model with no bells and whistles :lol:

Its not glow in the dark green or whatever? I thought pretty hard about getting one of those fancy sumps but my skimmer is huge and fitting it in anything that wouldn't be custom was looking unlikely so 40B it is, worked out petco just had the $/g sale :D

egg crate would work good. It's in about 10 inches of water right now

Which they claim 9.5-11" is ideal if I recall correctly. I'd built a 1" lift and see how that does unless you can guess how high your lifting it to get it to run right lol

Its not glow in the dark green or whatever? I thought pretty hard about getting one of those fancy sumps but my skimmer is huge and fitting it in anything that wouldn't be custom was looking unlikely so 40B it is, worked out petco just had the $/g sale :D

Which they claim 9.5-11" is ideal if I recall correctly. I'd built a 1" lift and see how that does unless you can guess how high your lifting it to get it to run right lol

It's glow in th dark green for sure. But just has a drain area, 2 baffles and the return. I've seen ones with 50 different compartments, holders, special tubing, etc.

Yea I'm gonna start with a small lift then go from there. That will be tomorrow's project

It's glow in th dark green for sure. But just has a drain area, 2 baffles and the return. I've seen ones with 50 different compartments, holders, special tubing, etc.

Yeah I've never really understood what they are all supposed to be for lol

Yea I'm gonna start with a small lift then go from there. That will be tomorrow's project

Good idea :)

Hows the skimmer going or didn't you get a chance to raise it yet?

Haven't had a chance to raise it. I could get off the internet and do so now.....but then again :lol:

Coral dipping time :)
Pics or GTFO your own thread :huh:

Hows the skimmer going or didn't you get a chance to raise it yet?
I told him to raise it with a Tupperware container 2 nights ago. What a slacker!
Pics or GTFO your own thread :huh:I told him to raise it with a Tupperware container 2 nights ago. What a slacker!

I'm staying in my own thread!

http://s1129.photobucket.com/user/kguske2/media/KGs%20Reef%20Tank/D2559CD7-D1E9-4B5F-B431-A42E999EE9D3.jpg.html'>D2559CD7-D1E9-4B5F-B431-A42E999EE9D3.jpg

That's not all I got though mr lps

http://s1129.photobucket.com/user/kguske2/media/KGs%20Reef%20Tank/76BD8217-D599-4C57-8F45-033E4285D461.jpg.html'>76BD8217-D599-4C57-8F45-033E4285D461.jpg

I'm staying in my own thread!

D2559CD7-D1E9-4B5F-B431-A42E999EE9D3.jpg

That's not all I got though mr lps

76BD8217-D599-4C57-8F45-033E4285D461.jpg

Awww yeah that looks sweet. I know those polyps are from Rudy did you get that Scoly from him to?
Awww yeah that looks sweet. I know those polyps are from Rudy did you get that Scoly from him to?

It's actually not a Scoly. Just a scrunched up wellso! Yep I got it from him

Yep :). I hope you like the frags I picked out for you!

The frags you picked are awesome! Lots of color and tons of polyps just as advertised! Hope to get some pics in a little bit. That orange and green one ####ing glows!

The frags you picked are awesome! Lots of color and tons of polyps just as advertised! Hope to get some pics in a little bit. That orange and green one ####ing glows!
My box comes tomorrow :).

Glad you like 'em :). Yeah, those packs were pure fire! Inexpensive fire, but fire none the less!

Archived