SaltCritters.com

KG's Reef² Coming Down

kguske2

It's a really nice car man. The one you posted is the little Scion with the Subaru engine, right? I was reading about those a couple of weeks ago while waiting to get a haircut. I'd imagine that little car would be a blast to drive. I've been kinda hinting to my wife that I wouldn't mind getting a car to play with. A buddy of mine had a wrx sti a while back and that thing was crazy. Soooo much fun, and I wasn't even driving, lol. An older wrx would be cool, but I've always loved the 90's Supra's. Twin turbo, of course.

Her car will be paid off very soon and my truck won't be far behind. As of today, lol, she's still happy with her car and doesn't really want a new one. That could change at any moment though. If we keep our current vehicles I can get my toy :).

Yep the scion frs. Toy cars are always a good idea :lol: my dad had a Mini Cooper s for a while. You want to talk about go karts. This thing was so fun to take on the back roads of Tennesee with so many hills and curves

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a really nice car man. The one you posted is the little Scion with the Subaru engine, right? I was reading about those a couple of weeks ago while waiting to get a haircut. I'd imagine that little car would be a blast to drive. I've been kinda hinting to my wife that I wouldn't mind getting a car to play with. A buddy of mine had a wrx sti a while back and that thing was crazy. Soooo much fun, and I wasn't even driving, lol. An older wrx would be cool, but I've always loved the 90's Supra's. Twin turbo, of course.

Her car will be paid off very soon and my truck won't be far behind. As of today, lol, she's still happy with her car and doesn't really want a new one. That could change at any moment though. If we keep our current vehicles I can get my toy :).

Going old school with the Supra.....that's one of my favorites! The new Zs can be picked up pretty cheep and turned into nasty little cars. My current work vehicle, the go cart is much more gay than the infinity ..... the Mazda Speed3. Had to have 4 doors for the little ones. Great MPG, hatchback for my crap and fun to drive with the 6 speed turbo.......except for traffic.

You gonna get rid of it or keep it for when the cube is full next month? LOL

Lol next month. It's already full :wacko: but nope not keeping it. Will be selling all the equipment shortly

Lol next month. It's already full :wacko: but nope not keeping it. Will be selling all the equipment shortly

LOL its not THAT full yet... well maybe since you put everything from the 20 in.... nah I'm sure theres still room somewhere lol

Wondered where you have been all day :). Tank swaps are a bitch. Lets see that cube all stuffed :).

Watched the gators squeak by tennesee this morning then moving the tank began! Took a couple hours to get the stuff pulled from the rocks and such but everything's moved. I'll try and get some pics later tonight. The cube is jam packed! :)

Watched the gators squeak by tennesee this morning then moving the tank began! Took a couple hours to get the stuff pulled from the rocks and such but everything's moved. I'll try and get some pics later tonight. The cube is jam packed! :)
Love a jam packed cube.
Love a jam packed cube.

My goal over the next few weeks is to a) get the damn skimmer online and B) get all the frag plugs off the sand so I have room for some plates and meaty corals :)

My goal over the next few weeks is to a) get the damn skimmer online and B) get all the frag plugs off the sand so I have room for some plates and meaty corals :)
Few weeks to get the skimmer going :lol: sitting here waiting on that picture ;) have a belly full of Outback so I am going nowhere.

Few weeks to get the skimmer going :lol: sitting here waiting on that picture ;) have a belly full of Outback so I am going nowhere.

Nothing fast happens in reefing right :lol: Picture may not happen tonight. Went to help the parents move some stuff to a storage unit. Now being treated to O Charley's. A picture with lights off could be do able but they're so ugly!

Nothing fast happens in reefing right :lol: Picture may not happen tonight. Went to help the parents move some stuff to a storage unit. Now being treated to O Charley's. A picture with lights off could be do able but they're so ugly!

O Charley's has some good prime rib :).

All full from my O Charley's rolls and burger, here's the crammed cube :)

15440413461_a0cb85d7a3_c.jpg

15440413161_e1cb8202f2_c.jpg

Naw not that packed, back right corner has plenty of space.... I see a couple racks in this tanks future LOL

Naw not that packed, back right corner has plenty of space.... I see a couple racks in this tanks future LOL

The back corner is blasted with flow since the return line blows right there so I'm not sure what can go there. And I'm trying my best to keep frag racks out of this but I know it'll be tough!

The back corner is blasted with flow since the return line blows right there so I'm not sure what can go there. And I'm trying my best to keep frag racks out of this but I know it'll be tough!

Decent amount of light? If so, get a few rocks and toss in an acro island.... Acros as a backdrop for the main rockwork would be pretty sweet ;)

Decent amount of light? If so, get a few rocks and toss in an acro island.... Acros as a backdrop for the main rockwork would be pretty sweet ;)

I've thought about it but I would guess it's one of the lower light areas since it's right at the corner. I've got the light hung directly center of the tank so the corners are definitely dimmer

May be worth trying though

I've thought about it but I would guess it's one of the lower light areas since it's right at the corner. I've got the light hung directly center of the tank so the corners are definitely dimmer

May be worth trying though

Alot of SPS can handle lower light, infact some will even color up much better under lower light.... their growth will slow dramatically tho if it is to low. Just like with putting them from low to high if you go high to low to quick it can shock them as well, although typically not nearly as fast or as brutal as low to high but I'd still suggest trying to acclimate them a bit. :)

Alot of SPS can handle lower light, infact some will even color up much better under lower light.... their growth will slow dramatically tho if it is to low. Just like with putting them from low to high if you go high to low to quick it can shock them as well, although typically not nearly as fast or as brutal as low to high but I'd still suggest trying to acclimate them a bit. :)

Suggestions on some lower light sps?

Archived