SaltCritters.com

KG's Reef² Coming Down

kguske2

I get the zia stamp of approval and the lawnman meh :lol: I need to post a picture of a Zoa or something I guess! Love that picture. This week should be a fun game to watch. And by that I mean blow out :D

Stick heads...what did I buy? :lol:15313093097_07061df518_c.jpg For non stick heads here's a starburst monti 15312948130_7dcf93734f_c.jpg
Nah, that's still sps. Still makes us stick heads :) One of my personal favorite monti's right there. `````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` 1383669_687974624631917_2764203393076916
Quoting to next page
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get the zia stamp of approval and the lawnman meh :lol: I need to post a picture of a Zoa or something I guess! Love that picture. This week should be a fun game to watch. And by that I mean blow out :D

Stick and a stick was too much :lol: Gotta wear him down slowly. Like a stick and a scoly or stick and a paly

Yea, super stoked to watch this week's game! A little bitter sweet though. Having to play against and beat Decker. Cool dude. Wish he was still in orange and blue.

Named piece? Hmm... Maybe pearlberry? Looks like it might be a nasuta?

ORA Pearlberry:

I thought maybe pearlberry. I know for sure its an ORA, came with the ugly black plugs. LFS just had it listed as ORA pink and green acro

Legendary Corals

I thought maybe pearlberry. I know for sure its an ORA, came with the ugly black plugs. LFS just had it listed as ORA pink and green acro

Ah, so that blue blurry thing was an ORA black butt plug. I think it's pearlberry, looks pretty similar to the photo I posted. That's a really nice frag if so!

+1 If you know for certain its a ORA piece, I would definitely say ORA Pearlberry.... one of my long time favorites. Thats what I thought when I 1st saw it without the info about it being attached to the butt plug... damn I hate those things..... but all plugs get thrown in the trash around here :)

Lower light it will look more like the left side and base with a darker body and more of a purple tip. Although, over time it may still be capable of taking on the lighter colors but it may take some time and would be easier if you color it up then slowly move it to lower light if that is your intent w/ this piece ;), higher light it will look like the colony LC posted. with real light body and blazing blue tips.

+1 If you know for certain its a ORA piece, I would definitely say ORA Pearlberry.... one of my long time favorites. Thats what I thought when I 1st saw it without the info about it being attached to the butt plug... damn I hate those things..... but all plugs get thrown in the trash around here :)

Lower light it will look more like the left side and base with a darker body and more of a purple tip. Although, over time it may still be capable of taking on the lighter colors but it may take some time and would be easier if you color it up then slowly move it to lower light if that is your intent w/ this piece ;), higher light it will look like the colony LC posted. with real light body and blazing blue tips.

I know for sure its ORA so I'd be pumped if it's the pearlberry! No low light for this I got it to put right in the middle of the tank :) if it gets the color of the other pic even better

Got my missing skimmer part in the mail today. :happydance:

I know for sure its ORA so I'd be pumped if it's the pearlberry! No low light for this I got it to put right in the middle of the tank :) if it gets the color of the other pic even better

Got my missing skimmer part in the mail today. :happydance:

So is the skimmer running yet ;)?

Nope. I'll be on a plane tomorrow at 6am so I made the wise choice of not doing any fish activity tonight

Wise? You had it ready screw the piece on, put it in the sump, plug it in set the dial to 3 and walk away for a bit. Before you head to bed adjust the dial a little if needed but all my bubble magus' run around 3 ;)

Nope. I'll be on a plane tomorrow at 6am so I made the wise choice of not doing any fish activity tonight
Where you going to NM to ball with the other baller?

Wise? You had it ready screw the piece on, put it in the sump, plug it in set the dial to 3 and walk away for a bit. Before you head to bed adjust the dial a little if needed but all my bubble magus' run around 3 ;)
Even the BM knock offs run at 3.

Nah still need to run it through some vinegar water mix. See how the heck it works before setting up in the sump. Stuff like that! Good to know about the 3 though!

Where you going to NM to ball with the other baller?Even the BM knock offs run at 3.

Close I guess. I can't hang with that baller :lol: headed to houston for the weekend. Visiting the future in laws. Trying not to catch Ebola. But seriously though

Even the BM knock offs run at 3.

I wonder what the ATB's BM knocked off run at LOL

Nah still need to run it through some vinegar water mix. See how the heck it works before setting up in the sump. Stuff like that! Good to know about the 3 though!

I thought you ran it in vinegar already??? :( There really isn't much to it, like I said put it together, put it in saltwater, plug it in, watch bubbles pop and shit go into a cup.... literally LOL

Nah still need to run it through some vinegar water mix. See how the heck it works before setting up in the sump. Stuff like that! Good to know about the 3 though!Close I guess. I can't hang with that baller :lol: headed to houston for the weekend. Visiting the future in laws. Trying not to catch Ebola. But seriously though
Good luck :wacko: I still have your address. Let your parents know if I need to get that tank out of the apartment :).

I wonder what the ATB's BM knocked off run at LOL

I thought you ran it in vinegar already??? :( There really isn't much to it, like I said put it together, put it in saltwater, plug it in, watch bubbles pop and shit go into a cup.... literally LOL

Nope it's never touched water. Once I realized the part was missing I got annoyed and left it alone :lol:

Good luck :wacko: I still have your address. Let your parents know if I need to get that tank out of the apartment :).

Thanks. My dads watching the tank. It survived 2 weeks in South Africa with him so I feel confident he can make it until Sunday. I'll let you know if any emergency actions (coral heist) are needed :lol:

Safe travels, Kevin! Ebola may be better than having inlaws. ...just say'n. You may be the luckiest man in the world!

When you put it that way.... gimme a double :) lol

The new acro is sweet! The new growth kinda has hints of a a pearlberry, but the rest doesn't really resemble one, IMO. Is the color fairly accurate? I've never seen a PB with that much green. ?That said, I can't think of another ORA coral that it resembles more and since it's on an ORA plug, probably a PB. Unless someone stuck a frag of some wild caught piece onto an ORA plug...it happens, unfortunately.

The new acro is sweet! The new growth kinda has hints of a a pearlberry, but the rest doesn't really resemble one, IMO. Is the color fairly accurate? I've never seen a PB with that much green. ?That said, I can't think of another ORA coral that it resembles more and since it's on an ORA plug, probably a PB. Unless someone stuck a frag of some wild caught piece onto an ORA plug...it happens, unfortunately.

The color in that pic is spot on. We'll see what it looks like as it grows some more. My lfs consistently gets 5-10 ORA frags every couple months so I'm almost positive it's ORA but like you said it can happen where it's not

####ing florida

Could be worse, you could be a FSU fan..... I have a feeling their season is gonna be ####ed once their QB gets a real investigation and the cover is blown...

Archived