SaltCritters.com

KG's Reef² Coming Down

kguske2

So wanted to hit like on the cute pup before reading the accompanieing text. I'm sorry to hear it Kyle.

We just opened the box with the remains sent to us of my fiances dog today. :( the place actually made it very comfortable for us but it still hurt.

I think That's what I'm most scared of. Not knowing what the hell to do with her when she dies (hopefully years from now)

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think That's what I'm most scared of. Not knowing what the hell to do with her when she dies (hopefully years from now)
ive had two dogs live through the c word. I didn't mean to bring that up. Sorry :(

ive had two dogs live through the c word. I didn't mean to bring that up. Sorry :(

No worries I wasn't upset about anything. I literally meant not knowing what to do with her body. Bury, cremate, who knows. Luckily if you look at her you'd never know she had anything wrong based on activity levels, happiness, stuff like that so that's encouraging.

In tank news...polyp extension alert on some lovely brown SPS. omgomgomg Haven't seen polyps on them in at least a month. What did I change? Well damn sure wasn't the water that has been in the tank for 3 weeks now

Something doesnt add up...

No worries I wasn't upset about anything. I literally meant not knowing what to do with her body. Bury, cremate, who knows. Luckily if you look at her you'd never know she had anything wrong based on activity levels, happiness, stuff like that so that's encouraging.

In tank news...polyp extension alert on some lovely brown SPS. omgomgomg Haven't seen polyps on them in at least a month. What did I change? Well damn sure wasn't the water that has been in the tank for 3 weeks now

Something doesnt add up...

I really suspect a few things, mostly the tank is maturing and becoming more stable. Also, your running a skimmer now which you werent before so even though you haven't done a WC you are cleaning the tank up a bit (and more effectively then a WC anyway). :) I'd still suggest getting on that WC tho for the elements that are being depleated so you don't have a huge change.

NorthGaHillbilly

Love the tank, looks great!

Wanted to share my dog ideas, if you have somewhere your going to own for the next 50 years, the bury. But if your moving all over I'd suggest cremation.

I cried like a baby when I had to put my boy Brutus down. I pUT him down, dug the hole and laid him to rest, but I miss him more than anything, gum cancer.

Just make sure you can preserve his/her memory. A good dog is a serious gift, not "I own a dog" but a legitimately GOOD dog.

I really suspect a few things, mostly the tank is maturing and becoming more stable. Also, your running a skimmer now which you werent before so even though you haven't done a WC you are cleaning the tank up a bit (and more effectively then a WC anyway). :) I'd still suggest getting on that WC tho for the elements that are being depleated so you don't have a huge change.

WC has been on the to do list for a while. Funny how life gets in the way sometimes!

Love the tank, looks great!

Wanted to share my dog ideas, if you have somewhere your going to own for the next 50 years, the bury. But if your moving all over I'd suggest cremation.

I cried like a baby when I had to put my boy Brutus down. I pUT him down, dug the hole and laid him to rest, but I miss him more than anything, gum cancer.

Just make sure you can preserve his/her memory. A good dog is a serious gift, not "I own a dog" but a legitimately GOOD dog.

Thanks man it's getting there! Thanks for the thoughts as well. :)

Looking good!

Thank you!

WC has been on the to do list for a while. Funny how life gets in the way sometimes!

I totally understand man. You and the future Mrs. planning on having any kids? :lol:

Aww dang it! Bummer on the puppy, man! Glad to hear there's some encouraging signs with her! She's a cutie.

You got hit with the 1-2 punch. Tank and puppy problems :( Stoked to read the sps is showing some PE at least. Go with that and get this beauty back on track buddy!

you-can-do-it-.gif

Aww dang it! Bummer on the puppy, man! Glad to hear there's some encouraging signs with her! She's a cutie.

You got hit with the 1-2 punch. Tank and puppy problems :( Stoked to read the sps is showing some PE at least. Go with that and get this beauty back on track buddy!

you-can-do-it-.gif

Tell us some great news about that pup Kyle.

Dog update, unfortunately not much to update and some tank pictures coming up soon. Gotta eat dinner first! Including my "SPS skills" :lol:

So mega pissed at our vet today. He referred us to the oncologist, and then when we got there we were told he hadn't sent any information to the oncologist. Spent about an hour waiting to get the information, only to find out he didn't keep all the records or something.

Anyway, from what the oncologist could she, she thinks there are two things going on. cancer, and something else she is unsure of. Pooch will be going back tomorrow a CT scan, ultrasound, and have some fluid drained in her chest. Hoping for the best but the oncologist did tell us she doesn't like how short of breath she is :( trying to stay positive

Fish pics coming up though. Had a photography session to try and relax

Love this corner of the tank

15653261914_2e6f5433f7_c.jpg

Zoas, LED's, and look at that bubble algae!

16089811987_6249e0e097_c.jpg

15655794373_b2256b6d94_c.jpg

Fat Dendro. Thanks Glenn

16275675105_97976b8263_c.jpg

One of the first zoa's I bought. Been through it all!

16275674935_bddaca5597_c.jpg

Love this angle

16088142308_147f86f382_c.jpg

And this jack o lantern

16088309400_5c70138c9e_c.jpg

Lawn's weeds growing in my tank

16088141968_e02c262c1f_c.jpg

Grow, grow, grow!

16249743726_10576dd2e3_c.jpg

And as promised, my SPS skills. I take this:

15313093097_07061df518_c.jpg

Turn it into this one month later:

15822151411_4ebd797b97_c.jpg

And 2 months after that, call me crazy, but I see PE and a slight green tint coming back

16089558569_247ee21c9a_c.jpg

Lookin' good, Kyle! IMO, stay on top of wc's and if you can, do very small, very regular ac's and I bet that you will see a major improvement in all of your SPS. Everything will likely benefit from very frequent, very small ac's actually. I've been running my tanks in this manner for a while now with great results. I'm about to start using NSW from a few miles offshore of the Gulf of Mexico pretty soon. A friend of mine just got into reefing and he has jumped in head first, big time. He started with a 55g tank that he bought from someone on craigslist. Within a week he decided it was too small and went and bought a 120g, 40g sump, and a stand. Then he came over to my house where i spent a couple thousand of his dollars on equipment for his new tank. That was fun, lol. I mentioned that I wanted to use NSW and a few days later he shows up to my house with a 300g stock tank mounted to a trailer w/ a 2 hp pump mounted in a toolbox on the trailer. He also has a huge electric pump that will be dropped about 30' feet below the surface to pump water into a couple of 120g stock tanks that we will have in the boat. When I get into something new I go all in as well, but this dude is on another level!

So mega pissed at our vet today. He referred us to the oncologist, and then when we got there we were told he hadn't sent any information to the oncologist. Spent about an hour waiting to get the information, only to find out he didn't keep all the records or something.

WOW.... I'd find another vet, that is inexcusable IMO.

Anyway, from what the oncologist could she, she thinks there are two things going on. cancer, and something else she is unsure of. Pooch will be going back tomorrow a CT scan, ultrasound, and have some fluid drained in her chest. Hoping for the best but the oncologist did tell us she doesn't like how short of breath she is :( trying to stay positive

Hope they can get it all figured out man. The fluid could be "the other thing" even as I would imagine it could make it harder to breathe.

Fish pics coming up though. Had a photography session to try and relax

Tank looks good man. The pearlberry is starting to come around... It will get there keep up the good work, give it time, and do a damn water change lol

jedimasterben

Lookin' good, Kyle! IMO, stay on top of wc's and if you can, do very small, very regular ac's and I bet that you will see a major improvement in all of your SPS. Everything will likely benefit from very frequent, very small ac's actually. I've been running my tanks in this manner for a while now with great results. I'm about to start using NSW from a few miles offshore of the Gulf of Mexico pretty soon. A friend of mine just got into reefing and he has jumped in head first, big time. He started with a 55g tank that he bought from someone on craigslist. Within a week he decided it was too small and went and bought a 120g, 40g sump, and a stand. Then he came over to my house where i spent a couple thousand of his dollars on equipment for his new tank. That was fun, lol. I mentioned that I wanted to use NSW and a few days later he shows up to my house with a 300g stock tank mounted to a trailer w/ a 2 hp pump mounted in a toolbox on the trailer. He also has a huge electric pump that will be dropped about 30' feet below the surface to pump water into a couple of 120g stock tanks that we will have in the boat. When I get into something new I go all in as well, but this dude is on another level!

good jeayzus. Free NSW? lol

How's Sugar doing today?

-love that jack-o-lantern!

Here's an update on the pup.

No good news unfortunately. Got the diagnosis on Wednesday and was our worst feeling coming to life. She has carcinoma, but the tumor isn't as small as we first thought. It's essentially covering her entire left lung, and appears to be spreading to her right lung. The cough comes from the fact that she's basically using one lung to breath. :( I don't think I've ever been so gutted emotionally.

Vet doesn't think surgery is a good option because it's so involved and her older age. Vet said she has no idea how "long she has left" only because she can't believe how upbeat and energetic she still is. That killed me knowing she's been fighting it and acting like nothing's wrong.

Just got a phone call from the vet, chemo treatment has a 5% chance of shrinking the cancer so since she's fighting so hard, we're gonna do anything we can. 5% is better than none, so she'll be starting chemo treatments tomorrow. Vet says it won't put anymore strain on her than is already there.

For now she's getting spoiled rotten and we're enjoying the time we have with her.

http://s1129.photobucket.com/user/kguske2/media/Mobile%20Uploads/FEC66431-74EE-48F6-A81F-D121B15B81C4.jpg.html'>FEC66431-74EE-48F6-A81F-D121B15B81C4.jpg

Here's an update on the pup.

No good news unfortunately. Got the diagnosis on Wednesday and was our worst feeling coming to life. She has carcinoma, but the tumor isn't as small as we first thought. It's essentially covering her entire left lung, and appears to be spreading to her right lung. The cough comes from the fact that she's basically using one lung to breath. :( I don't think I've ever been so gutted emotionally.

Vet doesn't think surgery is a good option because it's so involved and her older age. Vet said she has no idea how "long she has left" only because she can't believe how upbeat and energetic she still is. That killed me knowing she's been fighting it and acting like nothing's wrong.

Just got a phone call from the vet, chemo treatment has a 5% chance of shrinking the cancer so since she's fighting so hard, we're gonna do anything we can. 5% is better than none, so she'll be starting chemo treatments tomorrow. Vet says it won't put anymore strain on her than is already there.

For now she's getting spoiled rotten and we're enjoying the time we have with her.

FEC66431-74EE-48F6-A81F-D121B15B81C4.jpg

http://s915.photobucket.com/user/Lwnman/media/b3d39d56-118d-4730-ad80-141b3b15d3de.jpg.html'>b3d39d56-118d-4730-ad80-141b3b15d3de.jpg

Kick it's ass Sugar!

Archived