Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

KG's Reef² Coming Down

kguske2

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9 days wowsers :). You getting nervous yet?

Kyle do you have Hyper Candy zoas? I picked up a frag OMG they are super bright.

Surprisingly not nervous yet. I think it's still far enough away that it just feels like another weekend still. Hyper candy, you mean these? Love them

C975B1DE-6E9A-4055-B2AC-03E671B60B86.jpg

sand>barebottom... looks much better IMO

Couldn't agree more

Looks great Kyle!

Thanks!

Surprisingly not nervous yet. I think it's still far enough away that it just feels like another weekend still. Hyper candy, you mean these? Love themC975B1DE-6E9A-4055-B2AC-03E671B60B86.jpg

Couldn't agree more Thanks!

I never got nervous until I was standing at the altar with hundreds of people watching...every second seemed like hours (wasn't coked up) .....as soon as I saw her walking down the aisle with her smile. ....everything was good again.

Can't believe you only have a week left.....

I never got nervous until I was standing at the altar with hundreds of people watching...every second seemed like hours (wasn't coked up) .....as soon as I saw her walking down the aisle with her smile. ....everything was good again.

Can't believe you only have a week left.....

Me neither man. Especially since I'm supposed to be writing my own vows, and haven't started. Maybe I'm a little nervous about that!

In tank news, just ordered 8 berghia nudibranches. They're gonna have a feast up in this bitch with all the aptasia I've got growing!

Me neither man. Especially since I'm supposed to be writing my own vows, and haven't started. Maybe I'm a little nervous about that!

In tank news, just ordered 8 berghia nudibranches. They're gonna have a feast up in this bitch with all the aptasia I've got growing!

I wrote my own vows. I goggled vows and added my touch :lol:

shhh that's exactly what I am planning on doing :lol: I told the fiance I was just going to go up there and see what I could come up wih off the top of my head. She didn't like the idea too much

shhh that's exactly what I am planning on doing :lol: I told the fiance I was just going to go up there and see what I could come up wih off the top of my head. She didn't like the idea too much

I actually used another guys I found on goggle and changed the name lmfao

SMH... Guys... :rolleyes:

how long did the tank move take you? I'm going to be moving mine soon and I'm not really looking forward to it.

Let's see. I started about 6pm and all livestock was back in the tank around 9-9:30. However I didn't put sand in it or hook up the plumbing to the sump that night. To get it fully functional again was a few days but that's because I didn't feel like doing it in one day and knew the tank would survive without a sump for a few days :lol:

I moved everything in buckets/ a smaller Rubbermaid container and once I arrived I threw a heater in the container with the most stuff. Then got the stand and tank in place and leveled, then began filling it with half new and half old water.

It's definitely not fun but this move was less stressful than my first simply because I took my time. I reminded myself that most of these corals and fish arrived after being in a box for 24 hours. So I didn't have to run around frantically getting everything back in the tank in 5 minutes or less. That's unfortunately how I approached the first tank move and made myself rather stressed. This went much nicer,easier, and smoother too since I took my time.

Nice! Those little guys are awesome!

I'm hoping they're hungry!

so about 3-3.5 hours, that's not too bad. I have a little return plumbing work to do when I move mine but shouldn't take long.

my main concern is moving in colder weather, that's why I've been trying to wait for a decent weekend to move.

I also think I'm going to try to move the tank with the sand bed still in the tank. thoughts on that? seems there are mixed opinions about it, some people say it's fine other people say it's asking for trouble. figured I'd ask since apparently this was your second move..

so about 3-3.5 hours, that's not too bad. I have a little return plumbing work to do when I move mine but shouldn't take long.

my main concern is moving in colder weather, that's why I've been trying to wait for a decent weekend to move.

I also think I'm going to try to move the tank with the sand bed still in the tank. thoughts on that? seems there are mixed opinions about it, some people say it's fine other people say it's asking for trouble. figured I'd ask since apparently this was your second move..

I have moved about 8 tanks I am not Kyle but i say toss that sand.

Yep this was my second tank move. Both times I've chucked the sand. Once you suck it out and see how nasty grey and black it makes the water, it makes you want to never put it back. Aesthetically though I couldnt handle the barebottom so I added new sand.

<_< I don't wanna

you're just sayin that to make me go bb :P

Nah I like BB tanks because I never have Cyano. Once the starboard gets covered with coralline it looks good. Like K said toss that sand it gets nasty quick. I know what I suck out of my tank every 5 days and it's crazy. You can always take all the sand out and rinse it if money is a issue but don't save the dirty sandbed.

Not even 10 minutes in the tank and these effers are chowin down on some aptasia. Hell yea!

I bought 3 of them one time and never saw them. 8 pep shrimp did the trick for me.

Archived