Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

KG's Reef² Coming Down

kguske2

Great pics. Love the hitched zoas. Looks pretty sweet.

Thanks!

Whoah... Is that the same one from us?

Yes it is! Here's when I got it back in late August last year

BFABC11F-B17C-4D41-B4BD-73F7BDD71969.jpg

Tank pictures!

16715341139_7908a6249c_c.jpg

Getting some green on the outer edge I haven't noticed before

16900269542_1a69f6b7dd_c.jpg

16713853868_2470ea48fc_c.jpg

16715342499_e6c1b096f1_c.jpg

New addition from this past week

16901501125_5a61e2d510_c.jpg

Attention! PE sighting on SPS…lets see if I can keep it that way

16900503031_d91f4f6361_c.jpg

Best hitchhiker I've ever gotten I think

16281504923_6c64a2794a_c.jpg

I spy green….and a baby mushroom. There's actually another one still hiding under the shroom too!

16281506083_2ecca12812_h.jpg

16715351929_8e804e7cd8_c.jpg

Happy plate

16875623026_e825beb50b_c.jpg

16281513233_bdaae73d37_c.jpg

Renting a macro lens either this week or next, excited to see what kind of pictures I can get with it.

Bringing these to new page too :)

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lilmatty5dimes

Whoah... Is that the same one from us?

16281506083_2ecca12812_h.jpg

Oh wow that's super nice. I see some green coming in on that.

Today's gonna be a good day 8600FAAB-5D1E-459E-888F-C525FB49AA83.jpg

I see that indeed your statement is correct.

What is that last chalice called?

Oh wow that's super nice. I see some green coming in on that.

I see that indeed your statement is correct.

What is that last chalice called?

Hmmm the only chalice picture I posted is a "CB ecstasy" chalice.

Ahhh yeahhhh!

Agreed. I love getting new corals :lol: And with that, pictures of some of the new stuff

]16714978227_67190989a3_c.jpg

16714977467_3e2ee0a797_c.jpg

16922312075_66268327d3_c.jpg

16714975897_a6a546fdfc_c.jpg

So pumped to have the Hyper Phoenix again

16714975267_fe0f086449_c.jpg

16896376536_76909d826a_c.jpg

16734869300_fb2f309406_c.jpg

And lastly, not a new addition, had to scrape these off the frag rack yesterday to clean it. Decided to glue them to a rock instead of plug

16921303761_a53ddef283_c.jpg

Thanks a ton Darwin/Legendary Corals. Another awesome experience and excellent corals!

Lookin good man!

Thanks!

I came here hoping you'd update with pictures! Is that third one some sort of green fuzzy mushroom??

Always bringing the pictures. I buy new coral just to take new pictures :lol: yes the third is the LC "I wish I was a bounce" shroom. Similar to the WWC bounce when it gets older with the big bubbles, just different color.

Well the new addition to the tank this weekend was a Pom pom crab. Darn thing always hides though so I havent gotten a good picture of him yet. Also looking into adding some more SPS into this tank of mine... :wacko:

Well the new addition to the tank this weekend was a Pom pom crab. Darn thing always hides though so I havent gotten a good picture of him yet. Also looking into adding some more SPS into this tank of mine... :wacko:

Looking at anything particular?? :) I tried to find some locally this weekend but everything was crap so I bought fish instead lol

Looking at anything particular?? :) I tried to find some locally this weekend but everything was crap so I bought fish instead lol

Been talking with battle corals about putting together we a nice little pack of sticks! Also looking to add some new fish too. Love your new additions. I really want to add an anthias but don't know if the tank is big enough

You could probably do one of the smaller ones and be alright but at the same time they do better in groups so :wacko:

I've been looking at his stuff a bit lately, he has alot of nice pieces for sure and have heard alot of good things about him too. I might have to see what kinda pack I can put together one of these days when I have some time to wait around for a box since local sucks for selection/ health everywhere.... I even dropped in on douche bag to see if he had anything good. + I wanted to #### with him since I won another $50 I'll likely never see in his live sale :lol:

You could probably do one of the smaller ones and be alright but at the same time they do better in groups so :wacko:

I've been looking at his stuff a bit lately, he has alot of nice pieces for sure and have heard alot of good things about him too. I might have to see what kinda pack I can put together one of these days when I have some time to wait around for a box since local sucks for selection/ health everywhere.... I even dropped in on douche bag to see if he had anything good. + I wanted to #### with him since I won another $50 I'll likely never see in his live sale :lol:

I had been looking into the sunburst anthias, but my LFS hasn't gotten any in for a while. Also looking into a hogfish after seeing Felcias new one she just got.

Yea I just shot him an email to see what he had rather than going by just his website. Seems to have an awesome selection/health/price as well.

I had been looking into the sunburst anthias, but my LFS hasn't gotten any in for a while. Also looking into a hogfish after seeing Felcias new one she just got.

Yea I just shot him an email to see what he had rather than going by just his website. Seems to have an awesome selection/health/price as well.

The candy (or two spot/ yellow depending on whos selling it) Hogfish would be a better fit for your tank then any of the anthias. They are pretty active and super colorful, but stay fairly small :)

Yeah his stuff is pretty much all aquacultured too which is pretty uncommon, but definitely best for someone getting into sps a bit more or doesn't have a dedicated sps tank especially.

Legendary Corals

Well. Placed the order with battle corals today. Gonna have some more stick action up in this bitch shortly

Hopefully you made a pack with him directly and not via his site!

Hopefully you made a pack with him directly and not via his site!

You know it! Better selection and prices. Asked him to cut frags from his colonies under led too :)

Thoughts on how many fish is too many fish in a 30 gallon cube?

Depends on the fish and your filtration.... could be 1, could be 15 :lol:

I know if its running right and you keep the cup clean your skimmer should be able to handle a decent bit of waste, while still being able to keep the lps/ weeds happy with more direct or larger feedings. Are you running bio-pellets, carbon dosing, or plan to at all? Or just going to rely on skimmer and water changes?

1 per gallon should be fine.......sticks love fish poo!

Damn, I thought it was an inch per gallon.... guess I can buy ALOT more fish :)

1 per gallon should be fine.......sticks love fish poo!

I like your thinking

Depends on the fish and your filtration.... could be 1, could be 15 :lol:

I know if its running right and you keep the cup clean your skimmer should be able to handle a decent bit of waste, while still being able to keep the lps/ weeds happy with more direct or larger feedings. Are you running bio-pellets, carbon dosing, or plan to at all? Or just going to rely on skimmer and water changes?

Damn, I thought it was an inch per gallon.... guess I can buy ALOT more fish :)

Currently running the skimmer and a bit of gfo in a reactor. Also have a bag of carbon thats just sitting in the sump. Besides water changes that's it! Going to start actually testing my water though. At least more than I do now, which is never :lol:

I'm not sure I feed enough as it is actually. My skimmer used to work great with the dial inbetween the 2 and 3. For the past week or so that same setting doesn't even get the bubbles up the entire neck. Not sure whats going on with that.

As for fish, was thinking a few chromis, the hogfish, and maybe the starcki damsel Ben just bought. I like finding fish through other people apparently. That would bring total fish to 8.

Archived