Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

KG's Reef² Coming Down

kguske2

Definitely some great new additions man! Good choices on all of those :)

If you keep that PC rainbow happy it will display as many as 5-6 colors (red/burgandy,pink,yellow,green,blue, purple). Its an old MI piece ;)

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely some great new additions man! Good choices on all of those :)

If you keep that PC rainbow happy it will display as many as 5-6 colors (red/burgandy,pink,yellow,green,blue, purple). Its an old MI piece ;)

That's the goal! I've seen a few pics of it and it looks amazing! I've been bitten by the acro bug so I'm focused on keeping these happy and thriving. My new test kits arrive Friday, along with b ionic 2 part so I can start stabilizing some parameters!

Can you post a link to your main flickr page so I can view the photostream? It's the only way I can see pictures at work. I want to see the sticks!

Pictures!

Let's start with my new pom pom crab who I finally got an OK picture of

17059310122_e7c5ee83c2_c.jpg

Onto the new sticks

BC Couchburn

17071768705_6268c1d1cf_c.jpg

Red Robin

17070298392_91559e1bd9_c.jpg

PC Rainbow

16885552999_2fa847a735_c.jpg

One of the freebies. I think it was labeled Rainbow Tenius

17071022491_92122d0696_c.jpg

Pink Lemonade :wub:

16884221370_1f687257a1_c.jpg

For anyone who comes here for non acro pics…here ya go

17084151585_2f875fa64a_c.jpg

17084150215_15365e6774_c.jpg

16896371888_6accbb2561_c.jpg

Baby mama's mama

17083428891_2906443ee4_c.jpg

16897928789_842ca5703f_c.jpg

Bring to new page

Can you post a link to your main flickr page so I can view the photostream? It's the only way I can see pictures at work. I want to see the sticks!

This should work. Let me know if it doesn't.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/108229306@N07/

That last pic of the pom pom is super cute.

I was happy to get a good picture. He's always half under a rock or something like that

It does work, nice, love all the stick frags! Hoping for the best.

Thanks. Fingers crossed!

Amazing corals and photos

Thank you!

Almost out of salt. Any recommendations. Been using reef crystals since day one but have never really worried about water parameters. Now with much more SPS Im more interested in monitoring and managing them

never had a pom pom before. might have to change that now :D

They're really interesting. Mine hides much of the day but once food hits the water he darts out and starts waving his arms around like an interpretive dance or something

Also did a water change and testing for a week to get a good baseline. Day 1 results

Alk: 7.5-7.7

Ca: 440-450

Mag: over 1500

What was all this cash-money spent on?

Been talking to Dave over at NanoBox. You got LED's with your t5's, I'm getting t5's with my LED's :)

NorthGaHillbilly

Been talking to Dave over at NanoBox. You got LED's with your t5's, I'm getting t5's with my LED's :)

AHHH shit...

AHHH shit...

Exactly. Bringing the power of the sun to this tank :lol: ok not quite that much light. First time using t5's though so I'm excited

NorthGaHillbilly

Exactly. Bringing the power of the sun to this tank :lol: ok not quite that much light. First time using t5's though so I'm excited

After switching to T5s, and then recently adding LEDs, I really appreciate both. There are some colors that really dont come out under LEDs, same with T5s. I went the opposite of most and my T5 is the "main lighting" and the LEDs the supplements, but either way I think its the best of both of worlds.

NorthGaHillbilly

Day 2 test results

Alk: 6.7-7.0 could it really be this low already??

Cal: 440-450 still

Mag: over 1500

I know youve saod beforw, but what tests are you using?
NorthGaHillbilly

Just picked up new salifert kits for all three parameters

Its quite possible It's dropping that much. My tank will drop .7 in a day if I use pure RO in my top off. You've got that tank pretty damn full

Its quite possible It's dropping that much. My tank will drop .7 in a day if I use pure RO in my top off. You've got that tank pretty damn full

If it's dropping that much then I think I found the culprit of why stuff doesn't seem to grow much! By a week between water changes, alk would be below 5. Yikes

NorthGaHillbilly

If it's dropping that much then I think I found the culprit of why stuff doesn't seem to grow much! By a week between water changes, alk would be below 5. Yikes

How are you testing SG?

(I'm not trying to play expert, just covering he bases of what I've delt with recently)

Archived